singles
2008.12.03 - Winter Love Story
2008.06.04 - Unchanging Love~君がいれば~
2008.01.30 - Kissing Me
2007.07.25 - Lullaby For You
2007.02.21 - Hop,Step,Jump!
2006.12.13 - Possession/My All For You

(i will elaborate more later!)
Last edited by skawt on Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
skawt
Senior Initiate

Favorite Idol: my cat

Re: JYONGRI New Single 12/3 "Winter Love Story"

Postby Moh » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:20 am

Was her second album any good? I only liked about two or three songs from her first one. :/
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

Postby skawt » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:53 pm

To be honest...
not really XD.
Well. It depends.

Her first album had more of the same style tracks, but they were good.
Her second album had more variety, the singles were strong tracks, but there were like 2 tracks that sucked and a lot of it was mediocre. However, if you like ballads, her second album has some amazing ones (I can't remember their names right now but I will check later XD)
skawt
Senior Initiate

Postby Moh » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:27 am

Promo

Cover:

Promo is a little contrasty, but I like the cover. (:
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

Postby skawt » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:15 am

oh man such a nice cover. definitely buying :)

also as for her second album, here is the review i posted at the JPM I

Love Forever
Cute song, an intro. I wouldn't mind actually seeing this made into a real song eventually XD But like said before, corny as hell lyrics. But what Jyongri lyrics aren't? haha.

Tender Touch
So I first heard this song and liked it right away. It's an uptempo ballad and I am kinda disappointed it wasn't released as a single XD. I would have rather seen Kissing Me demoted to b-side (but keep You're the One cause I like that song better haha). The bridge and the chorus are really good. It's not as generic as her songs can sometimes turn out to be.

Kissing Me
I like this song's piano-ness throughout. It's not my favorite song, but I like it. I like the quicker-singing parts, mostly because it's not something Jyongri usually does. The chorus is good too.

Unchanging Love
WITH WHISPER!!11! She whispers like one thing near the end XD But regardless I love this song XD. There's nothing I don't like about it. It's not generic sounding at all. Plus the PV has some sort of white hairy giraffe thing haha. I hope to see this song live (at like a show instead of MStation or something)

Catch me
...Eh. It's a b-side for a reason. Probably my eh-est Jyongri song.

Lullaby For You
I like it, but I've been listening to the english version so much lately, which I like better for some reason. The only thing that bugs me is the for YOOUUuUuUUHOOoohooo part. Just stop XD

Watashi no Taiyou (MY SUN!11!)
It's a different kind of ballad. Almost Jazzy? The build up is a little slow, but the chorus is really enjoyable.

Naitemo Ii yo (IT'S OK TO CRY!!1!)
Prz make more of these songs Jyongri. Prz prz prz. This is probably my favorite non a-side track on the album. The bridge is my favorite part along with the music break part.

You're the One
I always liked this song (better than Kissing Me haha). Jyongri's truly upbeat songs are rare, and at least this is a good one.

Lover's DRIVE
Why is the entire Lullaby For You single on this album? I thought that was a one a-side single. The beginning is annoying as hell (which is why I tell iTunes to skip the first 9 seconds), but once I get past that, I like the song a lot. It's fun and bouncy haha. Sounds more like a song that might be on her first album than this one though.

The Chills
This song is kinda unique sounding for Jyongri. I don't really like it though. I've decided this is more "eh" than Catch me.

Still in Love
Oh it's so pretty XD. This is a really soft ballad and really emotional feeling. Definitely a standout track on the album. I hope it takes Yakusoku's place as Jyongri's favorite ballad lolol.

STARS
At first listen I'm kinda iffy. I think it might grow on me though. It's definitely not a bad song. It's definitely not predictable. Actually, as I am listening to it again, it's starting to grow on me, kind of like Wherever did XD.

The dvd was good. I like the videos in high quality better than youtube. Also yay region free dvds, haha.
Yakusoku's live performance was a bit annoying with her like. Over acting XD. I enjoyed Possession though.
skawt
Senior Initiate

Return to JPOP: The Rest