BoA

Groups, Idols, AKB, Gossip, Pop culture

Moderator: Moh

Re: BoA

Postby Oprah » Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:25 pm

Isn't it extremely difficult to find physical copies of singles these days? I only know one store which carries them.
Oprah
Initiate

Postby tanuki » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:35 pm

So the American Version of the MV is so...random. They should have used less scene cuts. I also wish they would have featured her dancing a little bit more, instead of BoA's hair blowing around. It just semmed to unprofessional and sloppy.
tanuki
Initiate

Postby strawberrie » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:36 pm

^ They're not using the American version and annouced using the Asian version to promote BoA. I was really hoping the video was more than the teaser show but it suck greatly and I'm glad they dumped it.
strawberrie
Senior Initiate

Postby Yoshi » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:05 am

strawberrie wrote:^ They're not using the American version and annouced using the Asian version to promote BoA. I was really hoping the video was more than the teaser show but it suck greatly and I'm glad they dumped it.

How do you know? Do you got any proof?
Yoshi
Initiate

Postby 22Tsuji22 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:42 am

^
If you go to Boa America the mv they have for the song is the asian ver. They have the teasers for both but only the full ver for the asian one.
22Tsuji22
Acolyte

Postby tanuki » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:54 am

strawberrie wrote:^ They're not using the American version and annouced using the Asian version to promote BoA. I was really hoping the video was more than the teaser show but it suck greatly and I'm glad they dumped it.

The full version is on youtube already, so they may not have put it up yet. That's what happened with the Asian version too. Either way, I wish sm had done a better MV for her english debut.
tanuki
Initiate

Postby Yoshi » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:30 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEM6gCSrx-o[/youtube]
Yoshi
Initiate

Postby AyuHikaru » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:40 am

the Asian version is now listed as "Version A" and the other one listed as "Version B" while it was flipped a couple of days ago. Also, it's the one they're showing in Time's Square and LA.
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby aiPod » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:30 pm

ahahahaha i just watched the american version
wtf man
so many things were just wrong about it
wasnt it like cutting between 6 different scenes?
its all a bit patchwork, manufactured much, and overly pushing the seductive factor
aiPod
Senior Initiate

Postby strawberrie » Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:17 am

BoAjjang wrote:BoA's first 'Eat You Up' performance!
BoA will perform her debut song 'Eat You Up' broadcasting live in front of the world's stage. The world's largest video site, YouTube, is hosting a global live event called 'YouTube Live.' 'YouTube Live' will be a large-scale special event showing performances from San Francisco's Fort Mason Center and in Tokyo's Shinkiba Studio Coast. It will take place on November 22nd at 5 pm PST, and 8 pm EST.

A SM representative said that BoA will give a powerful performance and will gather the world's internet users attention. Along with performing 'Eat You Up', BoA will take part in the opening stage as the MC, connecting San Franciso's stage with Tokyo's.

SM clarifies confusions on the two music videos.
SM states, "We did not decide to make an Asia version and an U.S. version for 'Eat You Up' in the first place. We just labeled them as 'A' and 'B' version to begin with. We have been monitoring the internet user's responses on YouTube and other sites. We are planning to use both versions in the promotions."
strawberrie
Senior Initiate

PreviousNext

Return to JPOP: The Rest