Hitomi Shimatani: Best Of and new single SMILES in 2009

Groups, Idols, AKB, Gossip, Pop culture

Moderator: Moh

Hitomi Shimatani: Best Of and new single SMILES in 2009

Postby Conan » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:47 am

Hitomi Shimatani

[2009.02.xx] SMILES
[2009.xx.xx] Untitled (Best Album)

One of the greatest J-Pop voices becoming less and less thanks to unfortunate musical choices. Pretty much like Aya Matsuura. They both woke up one morning and decided to go bore the people, and they did it. :^)

Perseus (Perseus -ペルセウス-)
Viola
ANGELUS / Z!Z!Z!-Zip!Zap!Zipangu!-
Garnet Moon
Falco
Mahiru no Tsuki
Camellia
Destiny -Taiyou no Hana-

I think Destiny is one of the greatest songs ever. I want the London Orchestra to play it while Shimatani sings. :!:

Her best albums, imo, Tsuioku+LOVE LETTER and Heart & Symphony. Her BEST DELICIOUS is a must have too. The fact that none of her old singles makes my favorite list doesn't mean they weren't of my taste. They are very good, in fact, I just happen to prefer her 03~06 music more, right after the Best. But again, the BEST DELICIOUS is a must, and so will be the new BEST to come out in 2009.

I didn't like none of her singles in 2007 and 2008, very boring imho, except of Shinku maybe. I just hope she stops playing the mature Ayaya game and goes back to her kickass upbeat, crossover or latino tunes. Those were the years! She's lucky Max Matsuura loves her like a bee loves honey, because her recent sales do not deserve a Best at all. I hope, however, the Best makes people reprise interest in her and that she uses that moment to release some awesome music again.

;)
Conan
Senior Initiate

Re: Hitomi Shimatani: Best Of and new single SMILES in 2009

Postby RpgN » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:05 am

I actually love her 2007-2008 material a lot :D But then again, I'm a noob with her :$
RpgN
Acolyte

Postby Starra » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:10 am

Her PRIMA ROSA album was great. I really love her voice. My favourite songs of hers (that I've heard) are Destiny -Taiyou no Hana-, ANGELUS (I want a Yuko/Miki version of this song!) and Dragonfly.
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby OKFunkyDOG » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:08 am

I've lately been getting into her early stuff, especially her Shanty cd. Her voice has matured for sure since those days, but she could reallly hit some high notes then since her voice was a bit higher pitched.
Two things I noticed concerning this album and Cpop:
1. The melodies & chord progressions for the song Shanty was ripped off and utilized as the title track for former Cpop sensations the TWINS's "The Missing Piece" album.
2. Amairo no Kami no Otome was covered by Cyndi Wang in a legit fashion since she's in Avex too. I'm now learning that Cydi Wang's greatest hits is nothing but mandarin covers of various Jpop & Kpop songs.
I'm diggin' this album. :y:
OKFunkyDOG
Initiate

Postby Kanako » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:19 am

I once wanted to give her a try but I kind of lost track to her again.
I love her 'Perseus', though. It's sad to read she turns into a Matsuura Aya #2...
Kanako
Senior Initiate

Postby Ahiko » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:23 am

I love all Singles and she's just a Great Singer! :inlove: But her last album lacks Music wise it wasn't that energetic like her last Album :( Hope her new SIngle is Great!
Ahiko
Senior Initiate

Return to JPOP: The Rest