The Pointless *48 Musings/Rants Thread

Groups, Idols, AKB, Gossip, Pop culture

Moderator: Moh

Re: The Pointless *48 Musings/Rants Thread

Postby esm » Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:42 pm

I think they do different things well.

MM and other H!P groups have some pretty decent singer and I care more about individual girls, but we keep getting covers that aren't done well and PVs that could be much, much better; that's usually not the case for AKB (minus the bikini and lingerie stuff, mostly because the covers do show on my iPod but I'd rather have a cover there than not). Music-wise, I like H!P as a whole more, but AKB has very good singles too. H!P is at the top for me, but AKB is also well above other idol groups in my opinion. Well, I also liked Onyanko Club, but it's also Akimoto

Anyway, I don't really need to compare them because I like both and those that think they can only like one and not the other are missing out :/
esm

Favorite Idol: Reina, Eripon, Nakky

Postby esm » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:10 am

I'm too lazy to make a release thread, but here's the title track for their upcoming single:

[youtube]MDtSGp7-quE[/youtube]

lol @ that one girl in the audience clapping at 1:33

Kinda boring, but I like this type of song from them.
Last edited by esm on Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
esm

Postby sb » Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:58 am

Couple seconds in I knew it was basically the same crap that their past few singles have been.

I haven't like a song of theirs since the one that had the monster guy in the PV. And it sucks cause they a decent run where every other song was solid.

But honestly it doesn't matter, what sells is the brand. Akimoto could run out any old turd of a song out there and it'll sell.
sb
Minion

Postby Zunu » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:23 am

^ Wow, DO NOT WANT. That is the laziest piece of paint-by-numbers crap that they have put out yet. Also, I will probably be humming it incessantly for the next four weeks.

And totally unrelated, but I wanted to post this here instead of the other subforum, where it might cause amped to have a minor stroke...

Am I the only one who thinks that "DIY♡" is meant to sort of iconographically resemble "DIVA"?
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby esm » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:03 am

Yeah, a few lines in the chorus have been in my head since I listened to this. I don't necessarily like it. It's just stuck in my head.
esm

Postby Pavlova » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:39 pm

the other day at otakon i was just walking by this figure booth and i heard an unknown song but i just knew it had to be akb. all their songs sound the same. i mean most of their singles! i fucking love a lot of their stage songs. and that doesn't mean the singles are bad, just they have this.. really cohesive sound
Pavlova
Minion

Favorite Idol: Shimizu Saki

Postby Zunu » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:29 am

Pavlova wrote:they have this.. really cohesive sound

That is an incredibly diplomatic way of putting it. :notworthy:
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Rm88 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:31 am

Everything since Sakura no Ki ni Narou has been abysmal in my opinion. I just don't bother anymore with them, which sucks because they used to have fantastic songs and for a while I liked their a-sides better than Morning Musume's.
Rm88

Postby TotallyUncool » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:22 am

I just heard that Takamina's going to have a solo debut. (Shows how much I keep up with AKB - I'm sure all true AKwota have know about it for the past three years or whatever XD )
That's a good thing -- I actually want her to have good solo material (as opposed to AKB's releases, where I long ago slipped from mild interest down to utter indifference).
My first reaction even surprised me a little bit: "But of course -- she's the Kudo Shizuka of AKB!"
I had never thought of it that way, since Takamina doesn't look or sound anything like Shizuka, but Shizuka's career was by far the most interesting and long-lasting spinoff of the Onyanko Club...

And now that I think of it, I would like to hear Takamina cover Kindan no Telepathy...
If madness made us strong, we would all be invincible.
TotallyUncool
#Member

Location: Gaslighting myself, but then again, I would do that, wouldn't I?
Favorite Idol: Siao Fongfong '66

Postby randompasserby » Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:06 pm

So JKT48 has just opened their official theater yesterday and apparently Takajo Aki and Nakagawa Haruka was there too. Most of my friends who're into idols/jpop or j-culture in general camped outside the theater even if they don't have tickets lol....and they saw Harugon and Akicha :|

*takes a deep breath*

*exhale*

Okay i'm slightly regretting not being there...and a tiny bit envious of those who did :glare:
風のひとりごと、夢のその続き。。。
その先の空へ まだ見ぬ未来へ 胸に愛を 抱いて。。。 歩いてる
randompasserby
Devotee

Favorite Idol: ♥さゆ 一筋 ♥

PreviousNext

Return to JPOP: The Rest