Leader Uemura Akari to graduate from Juice=Juice & Hello! Project at the end of Spring 2024

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Leader Uemura Akari to graduate from Juice=Juice & Hello! Project at the end of Spring 2024

Postby Amped » Thu Aug 17, 2023 1:42 am

Thank you for supporting Hello! Project and Juice=Juice.

Juice=Juice Uemura Akari will graduate from Juice=Juice and Hello! Project after the Spring Tour in 2024.

Uemura has been a member of Juice=Juice since its formation and has been leading the group up to this point, but she would like to complete the group's 10th anniversary as a milestone and then move on to a new career path, and has decided to graduate after the concert tour next spring.

It has been 14 years since she was a Hello Pro trainee and 10 years with Juice=Juice,
She has said that she will continue to work as the leader of Juice=Juice and as an original member until her graduation so that she can lead the group into the next era in the best possible way.
We hope you will continue to warmly watch over her.

We will inform you of her post-graduation plans as soon as they are finalized.
We will continue to support her activities.
We look forward to your continued support for Uemura Akari and Juice=Juice.

Upfront Representative Director Nishiguchi Takeshi

Thank you for your warm support.

I have an announcement to make to you all.

I, Uemura Akari, will graduate from Juice=Juice and Hello! Project after the spring tour in 2024.

Juice=Juice was formed in February 2013, and thanks to all of you, we are celebrating our 10th anniversary this year.

As the youngest member of the group at the time of its formation, I have worked side by side with my peers, who are all full of individuality, to achieve many dreams.

And the moment when each one of them comes true,
Juice=Juice Family was always by our side, and we were able to aim even higher.

Thank you so much!

During those days, I began to think positively about graduation as the group expanded its scope and options with the addition of reliable junior members, and when I was entrusted with the leadership role, I began to think about my future and reached the decision that I wanted to pursue a new path.

At this time, I felt the importance of the moment when I could see you all again because of corona, and I was able to spend each opportunity carefully with a renewed sense of determination.

I have experienced many things in the past 10 years, and I will run through the remaining precious time with all Juice=Juice family members to the end so that I can express my utmost gratitude to them at the end of the concert.

As an original member, I will work even harder to connect with the next generation in the best possible way, and I look forward to your continued support!

Juice=Juice Leader
Uemura Akari

http://www.helloproject.com/news/16338/

There is more added on her blog

And in the short time between when I told the members of Juice=Juice that I was graduating and today, I have seen many different faces of the members.

Every day, I feel that they are sincerely devoted as Juice=Juice.

Thank you so much.

There is still time for more activities, so I am going to savor the moment in the present to the fullest.

Finally, I believe that there are still things left that I can tell you and that I want to convey to you because I have seen it with my own eyes at all times!

https://ameblo.jp/juicejuice-official/e ... 40400.html

She will turn 25 in December.
Last edited by Amped on Thu Aug 17, 2023 2:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
Amped
High Priest

Re: Leader Uemura Akari to graduate from Juice=Juice & Hello! Project at the end of Spring 2024

Postby Shabranikuduu » Thu Aug 17, 2023 1:44 am

I'm not surprised but I'm sad. :sad:
Shabranikuduu
Acolyte

Re: Leader Uemura Akari to graduate from Juice=Juice & Hello! Project at the end of Spring 2024

Postby Zunu » Thu Aug 17, 2023 2:27 am

Ugh, that hurts. I guess it's about time though. There's an over 4 year tenure gap between Uemuu and next-in-line Dambara. When you look at the top 10 longest debuted members in H!P now, you've got in order:

(Fuku-chan, Erina), Ishida, Sakura, Uemura
(Chel, Makino, Haga), Rikako, Reirei.

The top group consists of girls who have 10+ years seniority and are all at least 24 years old. Akari is the not quite the youngest of that bunch (that's Oda), but she'll still have reached 25 when she graduates. A good age to move on. I'll definitely miss her sweet, leporine smile and loopy, good-natured demeanor. In terms of seeming genuinely nice, she's right up there with Amichan. Losing her is certainly going to be a blow to J=J, but in my mind they are the most OP group in H!P right now, so I think they will carry on.

Spoiler: show
If you include KSS service in the tenure, you get a slightly different list:
The top tier
Fukuchan, Erina, Ishida, Sakura, Uemura
remains the same, albeit with no ties, but then you have:
Rikoriko, (Ichioka Reina, Kishimon, Makino) and finally Rikako. Reirei's not even in the top 15 by this reckoning.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Moh » Thu Aug 17, 2023 6:43 am

Ughhhh I knew it'd be coming eventually but I'm really sad. :(
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

Postby DJChisato1 » Thu Aug 17, 2023 2:54 pm

Here is the real question, Budokan or Yokohama Arena?
DJChisato1
Senior Initiate

Favorite Idol: YumeRiai

Postby Spaghetti-Western » Fri Aug 18, 2023 5:30 pm

Yup, sad but predictable announcement. Juice=Juice has been doing well under her leadership.

Here are some caps from Nechin's IG I took recently. The last one she posted a day or so ago.
I understand she mostly uses film cameras. It's an interesting effect, I'm not sure I can describe the difference from regular digital shots.

Spoiler: show

Spaghetti-Western
Acolyte

Postby Zunu » Sat Aug 19, 2023 2:58 am

^ Film has what they call a "grain" that comes from the texture of the emulsion they use. It gives it a kind of random noise on the microscopic level that can make film shots look smoother. Digital shots tend to be oversharpened compared to what a film camera will provide, and probably sharper than reality, which makes the images look crisp and detailed so that people feel they got their money's worth from their 50, 100, 200 mexapixel lenses. Having said all that, you might be talking about something entirely different so I'll shut my yap. XD
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Spaghetti-Western » Sat Aug 19, 2023 8:12 am

^ "Smoother", "grain", ... yes, thanks! :D
That got the ol' noggin joggin'!

I used to do some film photography, back in the aughts, and I remember people would go on about the qualities of Tri-X or whatever. My go-to was color, Fuji Reala 200, because a large camera place near me had a deal on pre-paid processing for it. I found 200 ISO okay for what I did. After a while I got tired of the inconveniences of film (half a roll sitting in the camera, etc, and my SLR had this clunky sounding shutter that really annoyed me) and moved on to some crappy digital cameras. The hobby kind of faded out for me for various reasons, but I think the withering of film (along with the rise of intrusive social media) was part of it. I take a few (digital) shots these days.

Now reading comments of this video.

Anyhow, thread hi-jacking is a talent of mine ... it's neat to see young idols getting excited about film, and Uemuu looks great. :heart:
Spaghetti-Western
Acolyte

Postby Amped » Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:14 pm

FM OSAKA and Juice=Juice will have a public recording event to commemorate Uemura Akari's graduation called "FM OSAKA x Juice=Juice ~U-story~"

FM Osaka will hold an event featuring Juice=Juice <FM OSAKA x Juice=Juice ~U-story~> at WW Hall (COOL JAPAN PARK OSAKA) on April 29th.

FM Osaka has hosted many Juice=Juice programs and events, including "52OSAKA~Girls Castle~" held at Osaka-jo Hall in 2023.

Uemura tweeted on her blog, "I want to perform live again with a view of Osaka Castle." This event was planned to realize her wish before her graduation. This will be a special event created by leader Uemura Akari, the members, listeners, and fans.

This will be the last time Uemura will appear in a public recording event with Juice=Juice.

We will deliver precious talks and a special live performance only for this event.

Please make requests for the songs you would like to hear on the day of the event!
This event will be created together with the members, listeners and fans. Please post your requests for songs you would like the members of Juice=Juice to sing, songs you would like to see Uemura perform, and other songs you would like to see the members of Juice=Juice sing for the last time under the current structure. Please post the song you want to hear with "#Ustory".

The members of Juice=Juice will announce the song that holds a special place in their hearts for Uemura!
Each member of Juice=Juice will present a video of their memorable song along with their memories of Uemura. Videos of the members will be posted on FM Osaka Official X from time to time. Please look forward to it.

Lastly, tell us - Uemu~!
We are looking for questions from everyone who would like to ask Uemura at the end of the event. The adopted messages will be presented at the open recording part to be held on the day of the event.

https://popnroll.tv/articles/38271

The open recording event will be a special event created by Uemura Akari, the members, listeners, and fans for her last performance.
You will get to hear a lot of precious talks and a VERY special live performance only at this event!
Let's spend a wonderful evening with the members and listeners with smiles and fun!

https://www.up-fc.jp/helloproject/news_ ... p?id=23336
Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:55 pm

Juice=Juice Uemura Akari video message promoting the public recording event "FM OSAKA x Juice=Juice ~U-story~"
Amped
High Priest

Next

Return to Hello! Project