ANGERME Leader Takeuchi Akari graduated on June 21st at Yokohama Arena! (ANGERME first arena concert)

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

ANGERME Leader Takeuchi Akari graduated on June 21st at Yokohama Arena! (ANGERME first arena concert)

Postby Amped » Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:56 am

Takeuchi Akari will graduate from ANGERME and H!P to pursue her calligraphy dreams, while continuing entertainment activities. She made this decision after seeing younger members of ANGERME grow. She is confident in them.

Upfront statement

Thank you for always supporting Hello! Project and ANGERME

Takeuchi Akari will graduate from ANGERME and Hello! Project at the end of the Spring tour scheduled in 2023.

Takeuchi has been certified as a "Shihan," a fifth-degree associate in calligraphy, and is currently working to become a fifth-degree professor, a rank that allows her to teach calligraphy skills to all people.

In the midst of all this, she has seen the growth of the younger members, and now would like to spend more time than ever before on mastering calligraphy while continuing her entertainment activities. So we have been searching for the right time and have come to the conclusion that she will graduate after the concert tour next Spring.
We will announce the specific timing as soon as it is decided.

It has been 15 years since she has started her activities with Hello Pro Egg, and 12 years since she started with S/mileage.
Now, as the leader, she is leading the group in her typical Takeuchi style.
I would like to commend her for her achievements.

She is also planning a private calligraphy exhibition next Spring.
We will continue to support her activities.
We look forward to your continued support for Takeuchi Akari and ANGERME!

Takeuchi Akari statement

Thank you for your warm support.

I have something to report to you all.

I, Takeuchi Akari, will graduate from ANGERME and Hello! Project after next year's Spring tour.

I have been a member of the group for 12 years, and 15 years if you include Hello Pro Egg.

I have had many experiences, both sweet and sour.
It wasn't all fun and games, but looking back, it all seemed like a dream and a happy time.

In the course of my activities, I have been able to create a dream for myself for the first time.

I want to travel the world with calligraphy.
This is what I want to do.

At the time, I was not very confident in my handwriting, but many people praised my calligraphy and were pleased to see my works.
Before I knew it, calligraphy had become something I could be proud of.

After graduation, I would like to pursue calligraphy further.
I am currently preparing for a private exhibition, which has always been my goal.

Of course, I love my work in the entertainment industry, and I will continue to do so.

To be honest, I had never thought about my own future because I had only been thinking about the group.

However, I have a new dream that I want to achieve.

You may laugh at me for dreaming too big, but I have a dream this big!
I am so proud of myself!

Soon after I became leader, there were many members graduating and joining the group.
I could not forget the anxious faces and words and actions of the younger members.

At that time, I made up my mind to make the group a place where each one of us can work confidently again.

This year, I could feel the growth of the younger members and was surprised many times by the strong presence of each and every one of them.
At the recent Nippon Budokan concert, I was saved a lot by their dependability.

I decided to graduate at this time, when I felt strongly confident about my future and the growth of my reliable juniors.

I love ANGERME as a group!
This time that I have been able to work with such an important and beloved group will be a treasure for decades to come.

Although we have only about six months left, I would like to express my gratitude to all of you.
I will do my best until the end.

I will be responsible for this group until the end, and I will make this group even better and stronger.
Please look forward to it!

http://www.helloproject.com/news/15466/
Last edited by Amped on Wed Jun 21, 2023 10:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Amped
High Priest

Re: ANGERME Leader Takeuchi Akari will graduate at the end of the Spring 2023 tour.

Postby Moh » Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:26 am

:(
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

Re: ANGERME Leader Takeuchi Akari will graduate at the end of the Spring 2023 tour.

Postby Zunu » Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:33 am

Wow, I'm stunned. I really thought she and Mizuki, who started together, might've been planning to graduate together. Anyway, depending on the exact date of her graduation, it may be possible for her to equal or surpass Momochi, the current leader in total H!P tenure at 15 years.

Anyway, I'll miss her. She's one of the few members I immediately disliked for being too loud and too goofy-looking, yet who managed to grow on me over time.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Idol Tenshoku Ondo » Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:01 am

She's the last member who was in S/mileage and one of the last 4 who joined before I got into H!P. I'd been hoping to see her as H!P leader at least for a little while.

I have had many experiences, both sweet and sour.
It wasn't all fun and games, but looking back, it all seemed like a dream and a happy time.

That gives me some feels thinking back on the 6-nin S/mileage days I loved so much. Gonna have to listen to them at work tonight.
Idol Tenshoku Ondo
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: KIKI-Tsubaki-Berryz

Postby Shabranikuduu » Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:22 pm

Oh no! :( I'll miss her!
Shabranikuduu
Acolyte

Postby Celedam » Fri Dec 23, 2022 4:22 am

Hello AI shares her thoughts…

As always, make sure you have CC turned on.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Sat Dec 24, 2022 6:30 am

This is gonna be another one that hurts pretty bad, but I'm really proud of her and I'm looking forward to seeing more of her calligraphy. It's also not too terribly shocking, given her tenure, even if it is sad.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Celedam » Wed Dec 28, 2022 2:38 am

Zunu wrote:I really thought she and Mizuki, who started together, might've been planning to graduate together.

Well, the other shoe has dropped.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Amped » Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:25 am

After graduation, I would like to pursue calligraphy further.
I am currently preparing for a private exhibition, which has always been my goal.

First solo exhibition of calligraphy by Takeuchi Akari, "KouKou Buyou." (Dazzling Dance)

Takeuchi Akari's first exhibition.

It will be held at the Meiji Jingu Memorial Picture Gallery in Meiji Jingu Gaien Park, an important center of Japanese culture.
More than 50 works will be exhibited, including newly written works, past works, and works from her childhood that will be exhibited for the first time.
Future exhibitions are scheduled to be held throughout Japan.

Please enjoy the world of "Dazzling Dance," a solo exhibition filled with works that shimmer and dance.

Takeuchi Akari comments
The first solo exhibition "Koukou Buyou", which has been a dream of mine for a long time, will be held at last!

I am very happy and honored to be able to hold this exhibition in such a wonderful place, the Meiji Jingu Memorial Picture Gallery.

In addition to more than 50 newly written works, the exhibition will also feature works that I have written in the past, serialized in magazines, and works from my childhood that will be on display for the first time.

I want to make calligraphy more accessible to people of all ages and genders.
That is what I am trying to express in my works.

For years, I had mentioned that I wanted to have a solo exhibition, but I thought it would be a distant dream, but I continued to do calligraphy, believing that one day I would be able to do it.
I am so happy that I will be able to fulfill the dream while I am in the group before I graduate!
I hope many people will see my works, which I am able to express only because I am the person I am today!

And not only in Tokyo, but I also plan to visit other places in Japan in the future.
I will give you more details at a later date, but I am very happy and excited to be able to travel around the country and have the opportunity to show my work to so many people through calligraphy!

The first step to my dream.
Come and experience my true spirit now!

Takeuchi Akari

"KouKou Buyou" Exhibition Scheduled for April 15th ~ April 23rd from 10am to 5pm.

http://www.helloproject.com/event/detai ... 99f56f5231
Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:29 am

official flier for Takeuchi Akari's exhibition "KouKou Buyou."
https://twitter.com/trashyumi/status/16 ... 0667484160
Amped
High Priest

Next

Return to Hello! Project