MORNING MUSUME. 25th ANNIVERSARY AUDITION ~Asu wo Tsukuru no wa Kimi~ : Winners Announced!

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: MORNING MUSUME. 25th ANNIVERSARY AUDITION ~Asu wo Tsukuru no wa Kimi~ : Winners Announced!

Postby Celedam » Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:51 pm

Amped wrote:Next week on Upcoming

footage of Morning Musume. '23 new members' lessons

~~~~~

According to many reports on twitter, Voice trainer Sugai-sensei mentioned on his TikTok live that he was the teacher in charge of Inoue Haruka and Yumigeta Ako's voice training for the training camp round of the audition. They may show it on Upcoming.

And they did…

viewtopic.php?p=274466#p274466
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Re: MORNING MUSUME. 25th ANNIVERSARY AUDITION ~Asu wo Tsukuru no wa Kimi~ : Winners Announced!

Postby Amped » Fri Jun 02, 2023 12:49 am

next week on Upcoming, Inoue Haruka and Yumigeta Ako's dance lessons

https://youtu.be/2btbVIXt4rw?t=2370
Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:36 pm

Morning Musume. '23's artist profile photo updated
http://www.helloproject.com/morningmusume/profile/
Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:47 pm

In Ishida Ayumi's Tokyo Sports column, she wrote about the new members joining (her column is behind a subscription paywall).

in one of part of the article, Ayumi boldly said : "I wanted Goto Hana to join Morning Musume."
https://note.tokyo-sports.co.jp/n/n51fe90fc9811
Amped
High Priest

Postby KakureW » Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:13 pm

Amped wrote:In Ishida Ayumi's Tokyo Sports column, she wrote about the new members joining (her column is behind a subscription paywall).

in one of part of the article, Ayumi boldly said : "I wanted Goto Hana to join Morning Musume."
https://note.tokyo-sports.co.jp/n/n51fe90fc9811

So apparently some 2ch'ers are somewhat agitated that Ishida said this out loud after they announced the winners. Some fans are worried that it might discourage the newbies, knowing that their seniors wanted someone else to join (though not necessarily join instead of them).
The comment section on that summary site is even more rough. Some people arguing that Ishida has a point, and that MM hasn't received top Kenshuusei (Kaga Kaede being the last notable one) who have all gone to other groups, such as Murota, Sasaki, Kamikokuryo, Kawamura going to Angerme, Kudo and Matsunaga going to J=J, and all the other top Kenshuusei going to Beyooooonds and Ocha Norma. They point out that MM is the flagship group of H!P, and therefore deserves some more top Kenshuusei. A few fans of other H!P groups are grouching about how some MM fans look down on other H!P groups, and that of course all H!P groups will want the top talent but ultimately it is at the front office's disposal.
A couple of fans disagree with Ishida from another perspective, which is that newbies won't get much of a chance to shine in MM as long as the more senior members are still around, and so it's better for Gocchin to be in Angerme than MM.

My personal opinion is that while I understand why some people are not sold on Yumigeta and Inoue (they are complete unknowns), it is also silly to count them out without seeing what they can do and allowing them some time to grow. Of course every group wanted Goto and Mifu. But just like Runo going to TF instead of J=J, it might turn out to be a great decision. Not to mention, getting newbies in MM means H!P auditions will have more appeal, since the last five out of six girls to debut in MM have been from regular auditionees.
That being said, I also do think MM should get some good Kenshuusei next time around. In that sense, I think the 15th gen was a great balance. Hopefully we see more of that next time.
Last edited by KakureW on Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KakureW
Senior Initiate

Favorite Idol: Shimakura Rika

Postby sukibeam » Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:33 pm

I also do think MM should get some good Kenshuusei next time around.

My only thing with that is 7/10 current KSS are set to debut next year from KSS Unit. The remaining 3 have only been KSS for 2 months, and among them only Niina is really stand out but still very much a diamond in the rough. There are no "good Kenshuusei" ready to be added in the sense Hana or Mifu were. The likely thing I can see happening is another audition in a year or two where they add Niina and a couple unknowns because 9/10/11 gens are out the door.

I have to admit, while I appreciate the older girls in MM, having more than half the group over 21 years old and tenured at least 6 years feels pretty stale. Majority of them are still background girls for the most part because Fukumura, Ishida, and Oda are still there. Colorful Era breaking all sorts of age and tenure records is interesting, but not good for the long-term health of the group.
sukibeam
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Dambara Ruru

Postby KakureW » Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:27 pm

sukibeam wrote:
I also do think MM should get some good Kenshuusei next time around.

My only thing with that is 7/10 current KSS are set to debut next year from KSS Unit. The remaining 3 have only been KSS for 2 months, and among them only Niina is really stand out but still very much a diamond in the rough. There are no "good Kenshuusei" ready to be added in the sense Hana or Mifu were. The likely thing I can see happening is another audition in a year or two where they add Niina and a couple unknowns because 9/10/11 gens are out the door.

Agreed.

sukibeam wrote:I have to admit, while I appreciate the older girls in MM, having more than half the group over 21 years old and tenured at least 6 years feels pretty stale. Majority of them are still background girls for the most part because Fukumura, Ishida, and Oda are still there. Colorful Era breaking all sorts of age and tenure records is interesting, but not good for the long-term health of the group.

Yes, this is the major point of argument amongst Japanese H!P and MM fans from what I can gather online (of course online conversations count as limited data points and I am not suggesting in any way that the majority of the fans feel this way). Some fans online feel the group is becoming a bit stale, that no matter how hard the newer members work and how much talented they are they won't even get a chance to showcase it. Some go so far as to say that the group is not fresh or fun, and they are losing interest because of it.

I have written this elsewhere, but I strongly believe that now that the Coronavirus restrictions are over, we might see a rush of graduations in the next year and a half. I predict that due to the amount of grads, UFP will have difficulty giving each graduating member their own grad concert, and might even do one grad concert for multiple members a la Tsubaki with Riko and Kishimon.
KakureW
Senior Initiate

Favorite Idol: Shimakura Rika

Postby Idol Tenshoku Ondo » Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:59 am

Morning Musume has been stale and boring to me for a few years, if you're not particularly a fan of the current leads why bother following the group. I can understand why members and fans want the top Kenshuusei but I usually end up liking management's placement decisions, Runo being the best example. Those top Kenshuusei would rot on the bench in Morning Musume like Kaede did.

In my humble opinion Morning Musume's grad rush needs to be sped up. The group needs a revamp and stringing out graduations at the current rate is maddening. Have a 3 member multi grad and a Maji Desu ka Ska-tier music whiplash and get it over with.
Idol Tenshoku Ondo
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: KIKI-Tsubaki-Berryz

Postby Amped » Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:02 am

Amped wrote:next week on Upcoming, Inoue Haruka and Yumigeta Ako's dance lessons

From Upcoming

Inoue Haruka and Yumigeta Ako's first dance lessons to Teenage Solution

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqW4fhqepko&t=181s

Their teacher is choreographer Kinoshita Natsuko and her assistant. They taught the Teenage Solution dance.

Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Fri Jun 16, 2023 7:36 am

From Upcoming

Morning Musume. ’23 new members lessons part 3 : Their final voice training lesson with Sugai-sensei

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOqlSXJqjig&t=697s

Lessons they will never forget for the rest of their lives
Amped
High Priest

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project