Sato Masaki has graduated from Morning Musume. '21 and Hello! Project on December 13th @ Budokan

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Sato Masaki has graduated from Morning Musume. '21 and Hello! Project on December 13th @ Budokan

Postby Amped » Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:33 pm

statement from Upfront rep.

Thank you for your continued support of Morning Musume. '21 and Hello! Project

Sato Masaki will graduate from Morning Musume. '21 and Hello! Project at the Morning Musume '21 solo concert at Nippon Budokan on December 13th, 2021.

For the past six months, due to the effects of irritable bowel syndrome, she has not been able to participate in activities that she is satisfied with, especially concerts and events.

Under the guidance of the doctor, the frequency and intensity of the pain has been improved by reviewing her diet and taking medication, but it continues to interfere with the group's activities, and Sato has told me that it is difficult for her to continue her activities as Morning Musume because she has been causing trouble for the members and staff.

As a result of discussions with Sato, she decided to end her activities with the group in order to improve her condition first, rather than continue with the group activities under the situation where she can't make plans for the future.
She had a strong desire to graduate after the Morning Musume concert, and although she is not without concerns about her health, she has come to the conclusion that the solo concert at Nippon Budokan, which was originally planned, will be her graduation performance instead.

She has expressed her desire to continue her music career as a solo artist after graduation, so we will start with what we can do, such as distributing her singing videos, while monitoring her health.
We will continue to support Sato Masaki as she makes her new start.

By the end of this year, the last single for Sato Masaki with Morning Musume. '21 will be released.
Although there are only a few months left of her activities, I would like to ask for your continued support for Sato Masaki and Morning Musume. '21.

http://www.helloproject.com/news/13590/

Sato Masaki's statement

Hello everyone, It's Sato Masaki!

I'm sorry I've been absent for a long time, mainly for concerts.
And I'm sorry that I decided to graduate during this time apart from you.

I'm not very good at writing, so my comments are short.
Sorry.

But there are many things I want to tell you and talk about.

I've been a member of Morning Musume since I was 12 years old, and 10 years have passed since then, and I'm now 22 years old.

I thought about many things and came to the conclusion that I would graduate, but I don't really feel it at all right now.

However, I am slowly realizing that I still act like a child who causes trouble at my age.

I will continue to deal with my illness positively and consult with my health condition slowly, but I would like to continue my activities as a solo musician after graduation.

This is the last time I will be able to sing the songs written by all the members of Morning Musume and Tsunku-san, in front of all the fans who have been so kind to me.
There's not much time left until the concert on December 13th, but I'll do my best as Morning Musume Sato Masaki until the end.
Last edited by Amped on Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:32 am, edited 6 times in total.
Amped
High Priest

Re: Sato Masaki to graduate from Morning Musume. '21 and Hello! Project on December 13th @ Budokan

Postby Moh » Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:36 pm

From a quick online translation, they basically stated that her IBS problems, and lack of activities because of it, contributed to her decision. She still wants to do music after she graduates.

Man, part of me saw it coming, but my stomach dropped when I saw the announcement on Instagram. I hate when idols have to leave because of health issues. :(
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

Re: Sato Masaki to graduate from Morning Musume. '21 and Hello! Project on December 13th @ Budokan

Postby Tobo_Junny135 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:46 pm

I saw the announcement on Facebook and pretty much just screamed
Like I knew this was coming but for once I wanted my gut instinct to be wrong about this. It sucks :crying: :crying:
Tobo_Junny135
Acolyte

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:26 pm

I had fingers crossed she'd be able to hold out until it settled down more, but I totally understand her feelings and frustration. I'm really glad she still wants to continue with music, I still hope we get to see her write/produce a song for Morning Musume one day. I'm supremely mad that COVID is still preventing graduates from the full scale send-offs they deserve.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Amped » Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:03 pm

Morning Musume. '21's Budokan concert on December 13th is titled :

"Morning Musume. '21 Concert Teenage Solution ~Sato Masaki Sotsugyou Special~"

http://www.helloproject.com/event/detai ... 90ed5734f1

Not quite sure the meaning of "Teenage Solution"
Amped
High Priest

Postby TotallyUncool » Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:36 pm

I kind of expected it, but I'm really, really going to miss seeing her in Morning Musume. I hope that she turns out to be very active and high-profile as a solo performer (and that her health improves soon)!
If madness made us strong, we would all be invincible.
TotallyUncool
#Member

Location: Gaslighting myself, but then again, I would do that, wouldn't I?
Favorite Idol: Siao Fongfong '66

Postby JonCC » Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:42 pm

Well, when she transitions to M-line we'll still be able to see plenty of her, the way they've been pushing that recently
And it will probably be easier to balance her health with her work that way.

She's had a long and fruitful 10 year run as a Morning Musume member.
All the best.
JonCC
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Sayashi Riho

Postby Albalock » Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:20 pm

Honestly, I'm glad she announced it, since 2017 her voice at concerts has been terrible, and since 2019 she looks bored and listless at some events (Eripon too). The best thing is that it is for the good of her health and she will not go away completely, I'm looking forward for her solo career.

I hope her solo lines are taken by Miki, Rio and Kaede, who in my opinion should be the main voices in the future.
Albalock
Initiate

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:34 pm

Been bracing for this one for a while now..... And i saw the "Oshirase~" on instagram, and whenever I see those I go "oh shoot what happened now...?" and they tend to be like "WE HAVE A NEW CONCERT ANNOUNCEMENT!!!" but this time, I just knew. I don't know how or why, but I just knew it was gonna be about Maachan. Gonna miss you Sato!!
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Postby Zunu » Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:51 am

Poor Masaki-chan! IBS is no joke. I know someone whose life was basically ruined by that and chronic migraines, and was slowly transformed from an exuberant spontaneous outgoing woman into a gloomy recluse. It's tough to enjoy life and be fully productive when debilitating pain and embarrassing discomfort can overcome you at any moment, even in your sleep. I really hope Masaki can attend to her health and find a less stressful lifestyle that will ameliorate her condition. Her creative spirit, wild energy, and luminous smile, may she hold on to those precious things.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Next

Return to Hello! Project