Takagi Sayuki left Juice=Juice and Hello! Project as of 02/13/2021

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: Takagi Sayuki left Juice=Juice and Hello! Project as of 02/13/2021

Postby Jessi » Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:58 pm

boinsie wrote:Sayuki has officially left Up Front.

http://www.up-front-promotion.co.jp/inf ... TEqsQzzAZM

910 Percent wrote: [ Takagi Sayuki has left from UpFront ]
Regarding the termination of Sayuki Takagi's contract
from UpFront Promotion
Sayuki Takagi's exclusive management contract has been terminated at the end of March.
During the discussion about her future activities, Takagi insisted from the beginning that she wanted to leave the company if she was not a member of Juice=Juice and that she wanted to try her best in her own way in her music activities.
We proposed that she continue her music career with us, that she would take a while to reconsider her future, and reiterated that the members and staff were concerned about her future, but her wish to leave the company and start her own music career remained unchanged.
As a result, we were unable to reach an agreement and have decided to respect her wishes.
Thank you very much for your support of Sayuki Takagi up until now.

https://www.facebook.com/910percent/pho ... 8134552195

So though the original report from H!P was that she left J=J and H!P of her own accord, it now sounds more like UF told her she would have to leave J=J and Sayubee said "screw that, I'm outta here", but then UF held onto her contract for until the end of the fiscal year.

Ok so I could be wrong, but I had interpreted it as she left J=J and H!P of her own accord and they tried to get her to stay in Upfront and do solo work, but she refused because she had said she didn’t want to be in Upfront if she was not in J=J so they respected her wishes and ended the contract.
youtube.com/luciditi
Jessi

Favorite Idol: 佐藤 優樹

Postby Shabranikuduu » Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:22 pm

I'm going to miss her in UF but all the best to her for her future endeavours!
Shabranikuduu
Acolyte

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:24 pm

Jessi wrote:Ok so I could be wrong, but I had interpreted it as she left J=J and H!P of her own accord and they tried to get her to stay in Upfront and do solo work, but she refused because she had said she didn’t want to be in Upfront if she was not in J=J so they respected her wishes and ended the contract.
This is more how it seemed to me too. Like she just wanted to go her own way and do her own thing. Didn't imply anything further to me.

Anyway, I would've liked it had she stayed, I'll definitely miss her in UF. But as long as she's happy, that's what matters most. I'll support whatever she ends up doing.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Previous

Return to Hello! Project