Ogata Risa Thread: 1st album "montage" [6/19]

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: The H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Postby B8067HC » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:53 am

yumepin wrote:
Unfortunate, sad and disappointing. My hope is that actions are made for Tsubaki Factory, especially Risa to properly heal and grow from the events that occurred. I want to see them perform as a 9 member group again if possible. Her stepping away was the right thing, especially if she's suffering mentally. I wish them all the best (with lots of love)

Sorta impossible from now on maybe in next half-year (considering Oota is not yet back after 6-month passed). This is the best situation to calm things down, like members give their positive impression of Risamaru. Only Kiki-chan's blog seemed "unusual" than others (cold, maybe). And Ami is not yet post about it.
B8067HC
Senior Initiate

Re: H!P/related Concerts and Stage Plays

Postby Yattaruchan » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:00 am

Any other details of Risa's Suspension other than the official statement?
http://www.helloproject.com/news/12450/
(Parts read kinda weird machine translated)

I haven't noticed it mentioned in any other threads.
Spoiler: show
Last edited by Zunu on Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: (Moved your post to where the topic is being discussed)
Yattaruchan
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Eri Kamei

Postby Yattaruchan » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:25 am

And I thought 2020 was going well for H!P by canceling/postponing graduations (Karin/Funaki and to a some extent, Fuku/Ikuta).

A sucky situation for all, but I hope her break isn't as long as Ootas.

Swaaa!
Yattaruchan
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Eri Kamei

Postby Zunu » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:59 am

As far as scandals go, this is small potatoes. Not an illness or physical issue, nobody's pregnant, no drunk driving accidents, no incriminating photos, no talking sh*t about the fans, nothing horrible revealed about Up Front. Let's hope this is the end of it more or less.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby forgetmenots » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:57 pm

I could be wrong but my understanding it, she was basically making private blog posts that absolutely no one was ever meant to see? I remember back in the day making Livejournal posts like that, set to private so only I could see them and then I delete them a month or so later. So someone hacked her account then I wonder? And then basically was trying to get her fired I guess.

I hope it doesn't succeed. It feels like the scandals recently are people taking advantage of the girls, and though they are clearly the victims of it they're the ones taking the blame. I personally find Ogata is one of the most engaging members of Tsubaki to watch in MVs too...
forgetmenots
Queen of All Banners

Favorite Idol: Maachan, Nonaka, Oda

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:27 pm

It was relatively private, but it wasn't actually private. She allowed around 30 followers. I assume people she thought she could trust (she was clearly mistaken about at least one).
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby B8067HC » Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:37 pm

Just saw the last leaked info, man that was terrible, she call other members as a negative “adjective”. Does she want to make others as a enemy? Ok I’m done with her.
B8067HC
Senior Initiate

Postby Celedam » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:01 pm

^ Seriously, please leave that crap on H!O (or Twitter, or whatever). Those details are irrelevant to what will actually happen going forward, and indulging in them inevitably shifts the discussion to their veracity. It’s gross and unnecessary.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby koregaboku » Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:41 am

I actually disagree.

The the point that HP haa formally recognized that they exist, they're part of the conversation. By avoiding discussing them we're just beating around the bush.

And I'm not saying that we are per se but our approach right now comes across as self-righteous. Right now it comes across as we can talk about Risa's suspension but not why. I've actually felt that it was quite odd that a separate thread hasn't been created for this topic. These aren't our typical Musings or Rants and right now this thread is very much focused on this one topic.

I get that it's uncomfortable and distasteful to an extent but this isn't your run of the mill gossip- the gossip itself is gossip, sure, but it's gossip that HP and Risa acknowledge that the latter perpetuated. As an HP forum, wanting to discuss what she posted about is totally reasonable.

Also, from another slightly different perspective, telling them to leave it at H!O is also to an extent telling others to participate (in what I assume to be) in a more active forum. And no tea, no shade but jplop can't really afford that. It's not like we've been super high traffic for awhile as it is.

At least within the confines of jplop we can try and steer the discussion on what was written to be at least respectful and less salacious.
koregaboku
Psychic

Favorite Idol: Airiiiiii <3

Postby Celedam » Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:04 am

koregaboku wrote:the gossip itself is gossip, sure

And right there you disproved your entire point. Even you don't really care about the content of the gossip, you're just arguing for the freedom to discuss it. Which I respect in most cases, but not in this case.

Why? Because everyone who matters has already acknowledged that the gossip was salacious and hurtful. Everyone who matters has already expressed a desire to move on. We can only guess whether Ogata will return to the group some day, and in the meantime we will deal with the situation as it is.

So, please explain to me why we must look backwards and dig through that gossip, post by post by post.

koregaboku wrote:Also, from another slightly different perspective, telling them to leave it at H!O is also to an extent telling others to participate (in what I assume to be) in a more active forum.

No, it's really not.

It's a good place to follow specific members because it has a separate thread for each member, and there's always at least one dedicated (bordering on obsessive) fan in each of those threads who collects and posts every scrap of information about the member. But outside of those member threads, there's much less real content on H!O than there is here. And a lot of what they do have there, they get from here.

koregaboku wrote:And no tea, no shade but jplop can't really afford that. It's not like we've been super high traffic for awhile as it is.

That's not a matter of JPLOP versus H!O. That's a matter of older forums versus newer social media (e.g., Twitter, Facebook).
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project