The H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: The Pointless H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Postby kobushifactorylove » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:26 am

Jessi wrote:I don't think Kobushi is performing poorly rather than just staying the same while the other groups grow in sales. Tsubaki suddenly shot up, Angerme, J=J and MM are consistent. It just looks like they are doing poor because of the stagnation, but they are honestly all such strong singers and performers and I think that its just a temporary lag. Overall, they are still doing fine.

I think Kobushi are good at everything, and their music is good, but good isn't enough anymore. Look at Morning Musume '18, Juice=Juice, and Tsubaki Factory. When you watch them perform, you're instantly pulled in by their energy, care, and charm. Kobushi had that sparkle when they first debuted, but now that they're being given less than stellar music, and aren't that good at hyping up a crowd, it makes sense wota aren't drawn to them like they were at first. I see a lot of people blaming H!P for the whole "shiny new group" thing, but they're seriously redeeming themselves with Juice=Juice, which is already a 5-year-old group, not exactly new, so...Kobushi right now just seems too "safe" in everything they do. No excitement. I kind of don't want new members, either, though...1. because that would be unfair/insulting to the remaining five and 2. I definitely don't want Kobushi to turn into a cycling generational group like ANGERME did, because they're supposed to be modeled after Berryz Koubou, who had an unchanging lineup since debut, except for Maiha leaving.
kobushifactorylove
Senior Initiate

Favorite Idol: Fujii Rio

Postby Starra » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:35 am

Shoujo Q wrote:
Hirose Ayaka, I love the girl but she can sometimes look so miserable with her facial expressions. I don't know if that's just her normally or what. But it's like any time I see her it's like she's about to either burst into tears or flip a table. I guess she must feel like she's under a tremendous about of pressure to be the best leader she can under the circumstances. I feel bad for her. :(

She always looks sad in photos to me but I guess (hope) it's just her default expression and she's one of those people who can't force herself to smile easily. It is a bit worrying...
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:49 pm

There's a new girl that always looks sad in everything at least once a month, I wouldn't worry about it. :lol:
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Starra » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:39 pm

Nayoko-Kihara wrote:There's a new girl that always looks sad in everything at least once a month, I wouldn't worry about it. :lol:

True, but Hirose always looks sad. It's like a permanent thing that hasn't gone away yet. I'm not that worried about it, but it is something I've noticed.
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby otaku_blue » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:20 pm

I don't mind Yeah Yeah but it kinda sounds like every other slow electronic song Tsunku's given us.
Like its just a slower version of this.

Which is also a Tsunku song and I would've preferred this.
It's not that I hate it, but the arrangement just makes it a bit generic and not really memorable.
I would've liked the lead song to have more of an impactful feeling besides the nostalgia factor.

I miss songs like Bokura ga Ikiru my Asia and Ai Araba it's alright in HP now. Songs that have a fuller arrangement and not just a simple electronic beat.
I think the MV is probably going to be really refreshing but still I'm kinda over slow electronic songs.
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby JonCC » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:32 pm

Amped wrote:That is another way they moved on. Just let all their feelings out and shout. It feels good. Maybe Kobushi Factory fans should do the same. How many more times must they prove they moved on?

I maintain that the best thing for Kobushi Factory is to add a few new members before the year is out.
JonCC
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Sayashi Riho

Postby Celedam » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:03 am

From another thread…

Zunu wrote:FWIW, I didn't interpret that as an argument, just Amped expressing his feelings. And it didn't put me in a bad mood, to the contrary I appreciated his heartfelt thoughts. I'm not saying your personal annoyance isn't valid but tbh I'm not really understanding why what he said bugged you to begin with.

Think it through. Take your own reasoning a step further. Who said what that bugged Amped?

I can elaborate, but you probably don't want me to in a public thread.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Amped » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:29 am

Female H!P wota visit the Hello! Tribe fan bar in Akihabara
Amped
High Priest

Postby Chibs » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:34 am

https://twitter.com/ma0507d/status/1027822883534295040
Q.6: Which member do you want to join with in a special unit of Hello! Project?
Karin: This unit already exists but it can't be active for some reasons.
With Morning Musume.'18 Sato Masaki-chan and as a member of Jurin (an unit which consists of Sato & Miyamoto), I would like to do things like consulting and thinking about lyrics or songs with her as we both composing songs.

Yes please
ImageImage
Chibs

Favorite Idol: Eri Kamei

Postby Amped » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:48 pm

H!P wota from different H!P dance cover groups : cover dance to DA PUMP
Amped
High Priest

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project