The H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: The H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Postby Idol Tenshoku Ondo » Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:19 am

^That's what I think, but I haven't heard she specifically took the title. Just lines like "Ikuta Erina succeeded Morning Musume leadership" with no mention of who's H!P leader.
Idol Tenshoku Ondo
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: KIKI-Tsubaki-Berryz

Postby Amped » Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:37 am

They could announce it at the year-end concert.

I like to see them compete who is suited to be H!P leader : Eripon vs. Kamikokuryo vs. Uemura vs. Niinuma

If they pick an H!P leader now, they won't have a chance to fully exercise it until Spring, because the Winter 2023 concert tour is called "THREE OF US". The H!P leader will only be leading half the groups.
Amped
High Priest

Postby boinsie » Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:48 am

Unless she decides to make a point of staying after 28 years old (doubtful really?), Ikuta will be gone within a year and a half. Given that, they might give it to Kamiko instead?

It does feel weird that they haven't made an announcement yet, though. Is there no one at the H!P helm right now?? :twisted: :mikihead:
boinsie
Guru

Postby Tobo_Junny135 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:04 am

I think potentially… it could be given to Nonaka Miki or Odango. Putting in hypotheticals Colourful Era members are on their way out. Sakura could potentially play leader or manager for a year give or take unless she announces graduation next year before Eripon/Ayumi. Otherwise it may be passed down to Nonaka. I don’t see Kamiko becoming H!P leader because of the hierarchy, Eripon>Ayumi>Odango>Uemuu>Nonaka/Maaki/Chin>Rikako>Rei>Niinuma/Tanimoto>Kamiko
Tobo_Junny135
Acolyte

Postby Zunu » Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:30 am

Wikipedia has Eripon as new HP leader on her page, although I don't know where they've got that information from.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Spaghetti-Western » Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:52 am

Amped wrote:They could announce it at the year-end concert.

I like to see them compete who is suited to be H!P leader : Eripon vs. Kamikokuryo vs. Uemura vs. Niinuma

If they pick an H!P leader now, they won't have a chance to fully exercise it until Spring, because the Winter 2023 concert tour is called "THREE OF US". The H!P leader will only be leading half the groups.

Oh, I see :D ...everyone is going to be left in a state of uncertainty until winter thaws and there is a full gathering. I guess the position goes to whomever seems like they are going to stick around for a while.

Don't forget that Kawamuu is also 24歳. She has some significant ... assets :geek: ... such as knowing how to butcher a sumo-sized tuna :hehe:

I think any of the girls would do fine. How are Eripon's speaking skills these days? I thought Oda and Ishida had better speaking skills.
Spaghetti-Western
Acolyte

Postby Idol Tenshoku Ondo » Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:42 am

H!PKU is going to have stiff competition for the Best Newcomer Award in 2024. There's a new Kawaii Lab (Fruits Zipper, Candy Tune, Idolater (disbanded)) group supposedly starting next year according to the audition page, and the Produce 101 Japan group is probably gonna debut in 2024 as well.
There's others out there I'm sure, I just sort of realized I'm waiting for 3 groups to debut next year. Crazy.
Idol Tenshoku Ondo
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: KIKI-Tsubaki-Berryz

Postby sukibeam » Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:42 am

RE: H!P Leadership

Let's not forget Niigaki was only leader for 7.5 months, so the prospect of a short tenure honestly means nothing. Ikuta technically is the most senior member in H!P right now. OTOH, Ishida is the eldest H!P member. It would make sense for H!P leadership to go to either of them over Uemura (who we know is graduating but is 2nd in tenure and 3rd in age). Anyone else is too far down the totem pole to justify at this point in time. Seniority is a very big deal in MM and H!P, so I fully expect Ikuta to be the presumptive H!P leader.
sukibeam
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Dambara Ruru

Postby Amped » Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:26 am

Put this in the history books, Hello! Project is the one that started the "Figure Stand Keyholder" (or AcuStand / Acrylic Stand) Boom in 2014. Also, it was put out as a keychain first from the beginning, and it was supposed to be portable from the Hello! Project official Shop's point of view, but making it handheld and taking it everywhere didn't go viral until Miyazaki Yuka took a picture holding it and made a post with it.

Miyazaki Yuka comments about the show mentioning that she was the one who started it all.

In Weekly Nai Nai Music
I was mentioned as the "originator of the AcuStand Outing System"

I didn't think it would become such a big boom, but I am very happy that it is still one of the ways to enjoy being with your Oshi
Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:29 pm

Imagining if Morning Musume. '23 12th~17th gen covered "Sozoijo" from Produce 101 Japan The Girls finale song

Kasahara Momona (Main Vocal) - Yamazaki Mei
Sakurai Miu (Sub-Vocal 1) - Kitagawa Rio
Aita Rin (Sub-Vocal 2) - Okamura Homare
Tanaka Yuki (Sub-Vocal 3) - Inoue Haruka
Sasaki Kokona (Sub-Vocal 4) - Makino Maria
Murakami Rinon (Rapper 1) - Nonaka Miki
Sakaguchi Rino (Rapper 2) - Yumigeta Ako
Kenmotsu Nano (Rapper 3) - Yokoyama Reina
Takabatake Momoka (Center ; Rapper 4) - Sakurai Rio
Kitazato Rio (Rapper 5) - Haga Akane
Amped
High Priest