The H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: The H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Postby Amped » Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:26 am

The Hello! Project logo on the H!P site (mobile only) has changed back to normal, as well as Morning Musume. '24 (It will update for PC viewers soon)

Amped
High Priest

Postby Zunu » Mon Jan 01, 2024 7:34 am

Hmm...I think I preferred the font in the "25 Years" logo :||:
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby DJChisato1 » Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:20 am

Zunu wrote:Hmm...I think I preferred the font in the "25 Years" logo :||:

"Simple is Best."
DJChisato1
Senior Initiate

Favorite Idol: YumeRiai

Postby Amped » Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:22 pm

Amped wrote:Actress and Model Tsubasa Honda stars in a new CM for ZOZOTOWN online fashion store and goes back in time to the year 2000 for the campaign "ZOZO MUSIC SHOW Y2K", wearing clothes from the year 2000 and hair in a bun.

In the "ZOZO MUSIC SHOW Y2K" episode, Tsubasa Honda and dancers appear in "Y2K" fashion, which incorporates trends from the 2000s.
The commercial introduces ZOZOTOWN's campaign to save money on shopping to the tune of Morning Musume's famous song "Renai Revolution 21" released in 2000.

A new CM this year for ZOZOTOWN online fashion store starring Tsubasa Honda, promoting ZOZO week again with Y2K fashion, and using Renai Revolution 21 as the melody

Same dancers too.
Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:28 pm

Today is January 28th.

Search モーニング娘。on Yahoo JP and you get to see lots of congratulatory hearts pop up on screen for Morning Musume's 26th Anniversary of their debut with the headline "Happy Morning Musume. Day"

tweet it out with hashtag #Happyモーニング娘Day

https://search.yahoo.co.jp/search?p=%E3 ... hare_anniv

Too cute :heart:
Amped
High Priest

Postby Shoujo Q » Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:43 pm

https://hipchocolate.com/
Something humorous. It’s Hip chocolate but is it not also H!P chocolate?
Shoujo Q
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Suu-san

Postby erilaz » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:16 am

^ Apropos of that, just yesterday I clicked on a folder that I thought was labeled "H!P" and momentarily freaked out because it contained only one image file. WHERE DID ALL MY STUFF GO?! But then I realized it was actually labeled "HiP" — a Horipro idol unit whose members included Fukada Kyōko and Ayase Haruka. XD (The H!P folder is of course labeled "Hello! Project", duh.)
"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby Shoujo Q » Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:23 am

I was on the Hello!Project website looking for the Berryz Discography and noticed that the majority of it was removed from the website. They still have some Berryz related things, but it's pretty bare bones. On the other hang, C-ute is still on there as well as BeriKyuu.

I had to eventually work my way over to the Up-Front Works page to find the discography. It just seems strange they are picking and choosing what OG stuff to keep on the H!P page.

And I need to ask, is Piccolo Town still active or are they defunct now? I noticed Bitter & Sweet's latest release wasn't on Piccolo Town, but their others were. And they were the last active group still affiliated with them after Berryz and Ciao Bella Cinquetti disbanded.
Shoujo Q
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Suu-san

Postby erilaz » Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:57 am

^ Interesting question. According to MusicBrainz, Piccolo Town's most recent release was Bitter & Sweet's Love Story wa Hajimaranai on 6 April 2022. It could very well be defunct.
"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby Amped » Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:30 am

PICCOLO TOWN was merged with UPFRONT WORKS indie label after it was inactive.

As of March 2023, Bitter & Sweet was the only artist belonging to the label, and since the various omnibus releases from the label had been inactive for some time, the label was eventually integrated into the aforementioned HACHAMA and UP-FRONT WORKS

https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%82%A2 ... F%E3%82%B9

According to Pony Canyon's Japanese wiki, PICCOLO TOWN was a consignment source to Pony Canyon. It mentions the Piccolo Town label was discontinued

These companies that have been entrusted with projects in the past are as follows.

Upfront Works

PICCOLO TOWN - One of the company's in-house labels that once existed, the company began consignment sales with Pony Canyon from September 2013 until December 2022, when the label was discontinued.

Prior to August 2013, King Records consigned sales.

https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%83%9D ... A%E3%83%B3
Amped
High Priest

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project