Random Thread ~Usagi-Chan ☮ Tūsurī~

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: Random Thread ~The Duck Saga Pt. 17~

Postby resop2 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:33 am

More tech whining:

It seems that my laptop's bottom section has developed a problem. The seal between it's top and bottom halves has split. I took it in and they were worried that my battery was expanding and that was forcing the top and bottom apart. Fun, fun.

In other whining, I was reminded this weekend of why living on the top floor of an apartment building has advantages (even if the temperature is 20 F higher compared to the bottom floor during the summer). Specifically, if there is a plumbing problem on a floor above you, these problems roll downhill.
resop2
Skeptic

Postby TotallyUncool » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:27 pm

I've been called for jury duty several times, but I've only been on a jury once, and it couldn't reach a verdict (split pretty much down the middle over a fairly simple DUI :blink: ). Lawyers usually ask whether prospective jurors have ever been part of a hung jury, and I've been been dismissed several times after answering that question. I kind of feel like I need to show up the next time with a button that says, "Don't blame me - I'm not a jury-hanger!" XD

Aaaaannnnd... I was pleased to discover that not only was there such a thing as a Jury of Annoyance, but it was apparently also a Leet Jury (or to give it its proper name, a 1337 ʃµЯλ).

Note the use of archaic 18th century leet in the word ʃµЯλ.
If madness made us strong, we would all be invincible.
TotallyUncool
#Member

Location: Gaslighting myself, but then again, I would do that, wouldn't I?
Favorite Idol: Siao Fongfong '66

Postby Moh » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:42 pm

Moh wrote:I voted for the youngest candidate running in the gubernatorial race. Poor dude won't get that nomination for a lot of reasons, but I wanted to support him anyway.

I'm eating my words, cause the aforementioned dude won the democratic primary for governor. :w00t:
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

Postby esm » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:08 am

I moved yesterday to live with my best friend here (plus another roommate that's been here for a year now), since it helps me save some money for now and they're looking for a 3rd roommate anyway. It's pretty exciting because the place is quite big, and I've been here like a million times already. It's crazy how much stuff I have now. I mean, some things are just going into storage because, for example, between the three of us there are way more plastic containers food containers than there will ever be food or kitchen space to put them into ever.
esm

Favorite Idol: Reina, Eripon, Nakky

Postby TotallyUncool » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:31 am

That sounds like a good move. If it's a good mix of people, living with friends can provide support in a lot of ways - and even be fun.
TotallyUncool
#Member

Postby resop2 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:53 am

Looks like I will be without my PC for another week or so. I am stuck on a tablet that won't access any of my peripherals and doesn't allow me to do anything that I was doing on my PC. The only thing it seems to do well is the Love Nikki RPG. Sigh.
resop2
Skeptic

Postby TotallyUncool » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:00 pm

Speaking of tablets, I decided to turn a 7-inch Azpen tablet that I had picked up at Salvation Army for about $8.00 into my official poetry-reading/writer's-critiquing-group device, so I copied a bunch of my creative writing files onto it. Of course, that involved looking through a lot of my old writing - a combination of emotionally-overboard stuff I wrote when I was in my 20s, semi-coherent unfinished pieces I wrote when I was in my 30s (and drinkng heavily), and things I've written more recently (which strike me as being either Deep and Serious, or ponderous, self-important gibberish, depending on the mood I'm in when I read them). Now I'm wondering whether anything I've ever written (or am writing now) makes any sense at all. Not that I'd let that stop me...
TotallyUncool
#Member

Re: From the "You might wanna 'Duck' before reading this thread"

Postby erilaz » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:51 am

Zunu wrote:If you just go to Shady Dollar Mart and pick up some off-brands, you know you're gambling with dubious quality with your "savings."

I got sucked into some "Dollar Store Fail" clickbait the other day, including these fine products:

"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby Celedam » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:22 am

From another thread…

Moh wrote:Don't make me turn this car around, kids!

Why do you do this?

I don't know what all you do behind the scenes with regards to approving new users and blocking spam and whatnot, but your public moderation seems to consist entirely of condescending one-liners like this. Why? They're not funny, and they're not particularly helpful either. When adults are angry or upset, for whatever reason, scolding them like children just makes them more angry or upset — not only because they cannot resolve whatever made them angry or upset in the first place, but also because they fear what you might to do them if they try.

If your justification is something like "If you didn't act like children, I wouldn't treat you like children," that's profoundly lazy and disrespectful. This isn't Twitter, after all. There are maybe a couple dozen regular users left on this site, and we all know each other fairly well after so many years together. That means sometimes, yes, we have arguments. And sometimes, yes, those arguments get a little heated. The entire site will not crash and burn just because one of us cussed at another. If you respected us, you would respect that.

Maintaining order is not the same as achieving peace. In fact, it's often the exact opposite.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Zunu » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:45 am

^^ I would totally buy and wear that Asia shirt.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project