Random Thread ~Usagi-Chan ☮ Tūsurī~

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Random Thread ~Usagi-Chan ☮ Tūsurī~

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:48 pm

I'm always curious about Aldi in other states/cities, because the one near us isn't even worth setting foot into. Prices too high, selection too small, product size too small, mediocre produce selection, feels like it needs a mopping.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Re: Random Thread ~The Duck Saga Pt. 17~

Postby Shoujo Q » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:30 pm

My Aldi experience is the same. We call it the bootleg store with cheap crap they bought off some guy who wanted to throw it away. I don’t see the appeal and neither did my mother. Maybe it’s different in other states though.
Shoujo Q
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Suu-san

Postby Celedam » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:16 pm

Aldi is just the budget version of Trader Joe’s. Same parent company, same supply chain, and mostly the same operating procedures including an emphasis on store brands. The only real difference is the limited selection of items, which is why it’s the budget version. (For example, Aldi doesn’t have twenty different varieties of sliced cheese, much less an entire aisle dedicated to wines and craft beers.) If you’re looking for name brands, you’re in the wrong place. But if you’re okay with shopping at Trader Joe’s, you should be okay with shopping at Aldi.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Moh » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:39 am

Every Aldi I've ever set foot in has been cheap (but good quality), well-stocked, and clean. Even the lone Aldi I used to hit in Tennessee was like that. :lol: So maybe it just depends on the state or region you're in.
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

Postby Shoujo Q » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:12 am

I always thought it felt like a Trader Joe’s. I was talking to my coworkers about it today, they both work at Dollar Stores and were talking about how one store is much cleaner than the other store a town over where my other coworkers works. Different management result in different forms of upkeep.
Shoujo Q
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Suu-san

Postby Denki » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:52 am

The closest one to me is in Bakersfield, which is a 10 hour roundtrip ride...

Sprouts is the budget farmers market in my area. I personally find it nice. Better selection that Trader Joe's.
Denki

Favorite Idol: えりぽん

Postby Zunu » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:33 pm

Celedam wrote:FYI, if you connect to this site via SSL (i.e., https://jplop.com instead of http://jplop.com), then videos embedded with the [video] tag do not work. As fas as I can tell, it's because you can't do SSL within SSL. Other videos embedded with the [y] tag still work, however.

https test for dm and vimeo tags
Format:

Code: Select all
[dm]x6sgffd[/dm]
[vimeo]224836567[/vimeo]

(Bonus: The full screen function now works for dailymotion.)

Seems to work for me, let me know if any issues.
I suggest people avoid using the old Video tag as it doesn't work with secure web browsing (https://)
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby erilaz » Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:26 pm

Denki wrote:Sprouts is the budget farmers market in my area. I personally find it nice. Better selection that Trader Joe's.

There's a Sprouts in my neighborhood, and I shop there on occasion. I really like their Arrabbiata pasta sauce, and it costs less than three bucks a jar. Sometimes I'm lucky enough to be there when they're having a super-cheap manager's special on green chile meatloaf.
"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby Celedam » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:47 am

Zunu wrote:I suggest people avoid using the old Video tag as it doesn't work with secure web browsing (https://)

Is it possible to do a find-and-replace on the database, to fix past uses of the video tag?
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Zunu » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:25 pm

Short answer, doubtful.

Long answer:
Spoiler: show
A few years back I thought I would take [youtube] out of the BBCode tag database and replace it with the improved [y] tag. For whatever reason I thought removing the tag wouldn't affect any posts that had already been posted, but of course, big mistake, all the existing [youtube] objects in all the past posts stopped working instantly. After a moment of panic I thought, ok, no big deal, I'll just put [youtube] back in the BBCode database, everything will go back to normal. But no, the existing posts, once broken, no longer functioned at all. Example: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=5894&start=480#p73009
On the other hand, if I were to make any minor edit to that post, upon hitting the Submit button the [youtube] tags will suddenly function again. (Yes, the [youtube] tag still exists, it's just not publicly visible, but it works if placed in new posts.)
Knowing next to nothing about programming, I have no idea what causes this, but if I had to completely guess, it would be something like this:

When you create a BBCode tag, you're adding it to a list of tags in phpBB, and my guess is that each new tag gets assigned an internal reference number, or function, or script, but we'll say number. So for example [youtube] is 25. [y] is 26.

Then when you post a message that has an video related tag, at the time you submit the message, internally the post itself is marked up with hidden codes that say something like, "use tag 25 in this location." phpBB reads that command when building the webpage and viola, a youtube clip is linked. But when I removed the [youtube] tag from the database, reference number 25 got nulled out. Yet all the existing posts still said, play video X with tag 25, but there was no tag 25 anymore, so they didn't work. Then I recreated the [youtube] tag, thinking that would just revert everything back. But even though it had the same name as before, it got a brand new tag number, say [youtube] = 27. So even though the old posts were in plaintext asking for [youtube] to be played, which seems like it should work, in their hidden codes they were still asking for the non-existent tag 25 to be played, which was no good. However, if we physically edit an old post, with any edit at all, it causes the post to be "recompiled" from scratch, and that updates the tag number to 27, causing the post to work again.

What I'm leading up to is saying that in our current scenario, [Video] is 40, [Vimeo] is 50, [dm] is 51 and so on. If I just do a search and replace on the text, it won't replace the tag number, and so the posts won't work any more. If I knew the internal tag number of each video tag (or whatever the probably much more complicated mechanism is), I could maybe do a search and replace on that, but it's not as simple as a straightforward text search. There would have to be conditional logic along the lines of:
Code: Select all
IF the text is [Video]Vimeo url[/Video] THEN replace that text with [vimeo]unique portion of url[/vimeo] AND replace "40" with "50" ELSEIF the text is [Video]dailymotion url[/Video] THEN replace that text with [dm]unique portion of url[/dm] AND replace "40" with "51" ELSEIF the text is [Video]youtube url[/Video] THEN replace that text with [y]unique portion of url[/y] AND replace "40" with "26".
Which is a little more complex than a plain find and replace, and me not being a programmer or knowing MySQL, I would with high probability completely destroy the underlying database.

But I'll think about it and see if there's some way for me to play around with it to get it to do what you want!
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Next

Return to Hello! Project