Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more
Post a reply

From the "You might wanna 'Duck' before reading this thread"

Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:58 am

I don't think anybody's saying that Aldi is literally worse. Actually the fact that it's not worse is what makes it odd. If you just go to Shady Dollar Mart and pick up some off-brands, you know you're gambling with dubious quality with your "savings." But with Aldi it's like a pocket universe of major brand equivalent goods that seemingly don't exist anywhere else, and the brands that exist everywhere else don't exist at Aldi. It just gives me a Twilight Zone-ish feel, not saying that you or anyone else ought to feel similarly.

About the sunglasses, I am deeply deeply disappointed. One might even say that's a extra large C 8) C A -sized erilapse in judgment.

malapropos of nothing: http://kyoto.wjr-isetan.co.jp.e.do.hp.t ... 70713.html

Re: Random Thread ~The Duck Saga Pt. 17~

Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:27 am

Now I'm imagining Up Up Girls (仮) dancing through the aisles of Aldi singing "Party People Aliens" while wearing Caca-Cola sunglasses. If that doesn't happen the next time I go int an Aldi, I'm afraid I'm going to be quite disappointed. XD

Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:57 am

I thought I must be living in some sort of Twlight Zone, since I've never heard of this store you're all discussing at length... but then I looked at their coverage map and it all made sense to my Pacific northwestern self. :hehe:

Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:54 pm

Made it to 28 before receiving my first jury summon. :lol:

Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:24 pm

That's a good run! I only made it to 23, I think. But I still haven't had to serve on a jury, knock on wood.

Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:31 pm

I don't even think NZ has any Aldi stores. Or if we do they're only in like, Auckland. I've seen them in Australia though.

Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:39 pm

erilaz wrote:That's a good run! I only made it to 23, I think. But I still haven't had to serve on a jury, knock on wood.

You strike me as exactly the type of person who ought to be on a jury! It's kind of boring but that's mitigated by the thought of hopefully giving someone a fair chance at justice.

Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:42 am

Zunu wrote:it actually calls a separate video.php script

This script appears to be hanging sometimes. It manifests as a pause in the HTML page rendering, right at the point where the script is called.

Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:43 am

I see. I'll look into it, for whatever dubious good that might do.

Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:46 am

^ Moving forward, I will keep using the [y] tag. It just seems better all around.

---

My random thought of the day…

I just installed Windows 10 April 2018 Update (a.k.a. Version 1803) on my work VM, and it resolved several of the outstanding issues I had with Windows 10. My work VM is still burdened with all of the crap that comes with being a work VM (e.g., VPN, security requirements, device control), but if I look past that and imagine having my own setup, then I can finally see Windows 10 as a possible replacement for macOS.

It all depends on what happens with macOS Mojave and the next generation of MacBook Pro. I don't like what Tim Cook has been doing at Apple — he's been directing the company even further away from professionals and prosumers (I consider myself a prosumer) and toward simple consumers, with an aggravating emphasis on social media integration. I appreciate his uncompromising position on user privacy, especially after Sacramento and more recently with specific changes in iOS to thwart decryption tools, but other than that… meh.

This is pretty significant for me because I've been a diehard Mac guy since 1992. Even during the dark days of the mid-90s, before Steve Jobs returned to Apple. I'm not so diehard anymore.
Post a reply