Yoshizawa Situation

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Yoshizawa Situation

Postby Shoujo Q » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:50 pm

It's being reported on the news this morning that Yoshizawa Hitomi was arrested for driving drunk and causing an accident and leaving the scene of an accident. There are reports that two people were injured.

She was supposed to appear with Yasuda Kei for an upcoming campaign event for McDonalds but was absent.

There are no words, considering her own brother died in a traffic accident back in 2007.

Update:
Here's a written news source.
Last edited by Zunu on Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: This is a very emotional subject and I'm sure we all want to weigh in, so I've broken it off into its own topic so it doesn't continue to overwhelm discussion of the ongoing accomplishments of other OGs.
Shoujo Q
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Suu-san

Re: OG (Graduated Members) Thread

Postby JonCC » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:10 pm

Well, guess we know who will be avoiding public life for a year or so.
Depending on the legal consequences of course.
JonCC
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Sayashi Riho

Postby Starra » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:14 pm

No excuses for driving drunk, especially when you're fully aware of the consequences and have been directly affected by them.
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby Shoujo Q » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:19 pm

It all depends on what Up-Front will do. Drop her or keep her.

I’m wondering if they will do anything about the H!P concert since it was filmed on the day she was there with Kago and Yasuda. They dropped the whole concert after Kago had her scandal and that was nowhere near as bad as this is.

I can’t see her going to jail either.

The best situation is, she pays up the nose in fines, disappears for awhile and then comes back doing some community work and drunk driving awareness.
Shoujo Q
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Suu-san

Postby JonCC » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:23 pm

I saw someone mention Japan is one of the strictest countries when it comes to drunk driving.

Quick Google search and holy crap they weren't kidding.

But in Japan, things are somewhat different. The country of Kirin and Asahi beer is one of the strictest countries in the world when it comes to drink-driving prosecution.

The law refers to a figure of 0.03 blood-alcohol content, but for all intents and purposes, this country has a zero-tolerance policy towards drink-driving. So basically, one beer and you’re gone.

If you get caught with even a hint of alcohol on your breath, you will be tested and most probably fined. But if you are over that 0.03 limit then you could be sentenced to up to five years in prison or subject to a fine of up to $10,000.

But that’s only half the story. If you had passengers in the car with you when you got pulled over, they too will be prosecuted and fined for being so irresponsible as to let you drink and drive.

And there’s more! The bar that poured your beers and then let you drive can be fined too! We’re not joking. In a country where group harmony is more important than the individual, joint responsibility is taken to the extreme. So as you might imagine, nobody drinks and drives anymore in Japan.

In a land where ‘sake’ rice wine is a favourite beverage, drink-driving is seen as a serious crime that can lead to horrendous accidents. If you’re a company employee and you get caught for drink-driving, almost half of all companies will fire you on the spot.

https://www.motoring.com.au/drink-drivi ... ess-50586/

------------------

Ah the early generations of Morning Musume: the scandal machine that never seems to run out of steam.
JonCC
Devotee

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:02 pm

Starra wrote:No excuses for driving drunk, especially when you're fully aware of the consequences and have been directly affected by them.
My thoughts exactly.

What an idiotic, stupid decision, and a huge disappointment from someone I've admired for such a long time.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Shabranikuduu » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:12 pm

I am so disappointed. She should have known better.

If 18yo Kago was expected to have known better for a crime that didn't hurt anyone (though I guess you could mention second-hand smoke), 33yo Yossy should be held to even higher standards.
Shabranikuduu
Acolyte

Postby JonCC » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:56 pm

In English with image of her arrest at the link.
Hitomi Yoshizawa, a former member of the J-pop all-girl idol group Morning Musume, was arrested Thursday for injuring two people while driving under the influence of alcohol in an alleged hit-and-run incident, investigative sources said.

The 33-year-old ran a red light at around 7 a.m. in Tokyo's Nakano Ward and hit a female bicyclist in her 20s with her vehicle, injuring a male pedestrian in his 40s nearby as well.

Yoshizawa left the scene but called police about 15 minutes later, saying she hit a bicycle with her car. She then returned to the accident site, according to the sources.

She was quoted by the sources as telling the police, "I couldn't stop because traffic was busy at the site."

A 14-year-old junior high school student who witnessed the accident on her way to school told Kyodo News, "The car did not seem to apply brakes. I was surprised as a bicycle was thrown several meters and the car ran away."

https://english.kyodonews.net/news/2018 ... ident.html

NHK has video: https://twitter.com/nhk_news/status/1037681176440434689
JonCC
Devotee

Postby downfrontguy » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:32 am

Welp, MM gen 1-4 gen lineup reunion was a mere fleeting dream after all... it only took like 18+ (Fukuda and Ichii) and 12+ years (kago) to bring around every individual involved.
DUI/Hit n' run is quite serious offense (evident on the serious tone of the arrest footage), Yoshizawa probably won't be active any time soon - if ever as older these ex-idol talent is, harder to come back after a scandal.

At least original MM lineup for Love Machine is still in the card for UF.
downfrontguy
Senior Initiate

Postby JonCC » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:34 am

The press will no doubt be asking about her to every current H!P member at any H!P press event for the foreseeable future.
JonCC
Devotee

Next

Return to Hello! Project