[11/17] Morning Musume in NYC @ AnisongWorldMatsuri

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

[11/17] Morning Musume in NYC @ AnisongWorldMatsuri

Postby Amped » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:28 am

Morning Musume. '18 is invited as a guest to perform at the Anime NYC's AnisongWorldMatsuri concert in New York's Hammerstein Ballroom on on 11/17

Luna Haruna
Fri, Nov 16
TRUE
Fri, Nov 16
Konomi Suzuki
Fri, Nov 16
Morning Musume。’18
Sat, Nov 17
Shoko Nakagawa
Sat, Nov 17
Hironobu Kageyama
Sat, Nov 17
Hiroshi Kitadani
Sat, Nov 17

#AnimeNYC presents #AnisongWorldMatsuri in the historic Hammerstein Ballroom on Nov 16-17! Luna Haruna, Shoko Nakagawa, Morning Musume。'18, TRUE, Hironobu Kageyama, Hiroshi Kitadani, Konomi Suzuki, and more! #anisongworldnyc @anisongworld http://bit.ly/anisongnyc

https://twitter.com/animenyc/status/1021424707604631552

ANISONG WORLD MATSURI

Anime NYC is proud to welcome the globally renowned Anisong World Matsuri concert series to New York City for the first time! Anisong World Matsuri brings together headlining Japanese pop stars for show-stopping concerts, and the inaugural Anisong World Matsuri NYC will feature major performances from Luna Haruna, Shoko Nakagawa, Morning Musume。’18, and more for two nights on November 16 and 17, 2018 in New York’s historic Hammerstein Ballroom.

Anisong World Matsuri NYC is a partnership between Anime NYC and leading Japanese entertainment companies including BANDAI NAMCO Arts, Inc., Amuse, Inc., and Sony Music Entertainment, Inc.

Anisong World Matsuri’s mission is to bring Japanese pop music popularized by anime (anisong) to new audiences around the world, and it has conducted major event concerts in cities including Los Angeles, Shanghai, and Washington DC since its launch in 2016. This November, Anime NYC and Anisong World Matsuri will host the largest Japanese pop concerts in the history of New York City!

MORE INFORMATION

Anisong World Matsuri’s Friday, November 16 event begins at 7 PM, and its Saturday, November 17 edition begins at 5 PM. Tickets for both nights go on sale in August. Anisong World Matsuri will be open to anime fans and music lovers across New York City, with no Anime NYC badge required to attend.

Those looking for more can meet Anisong World Matsuri’s performers at Anime NYC where multiple on-stage Q&As and autograph sessions will be held with the concert’s artists.

More artists and more details will be announced over the coming weeks, and Anime NYC couldn’t be more thrilled to welcome Anisong World Matsuri to the biggest celebration of Japanese pop culture in the biggest city in the USA!

http://animenyc.com/anisongworld2018/

I wonder if this is a standalone concert or a short showcase type mini live, because there are 3 other artists performing in the same night. The fans and anime fans seeing the artists performing will be crammed into the venue.
Amped
High Priest

Re: H!P/related Concerts and Stage Plays

Postby Jessi » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:57 am

I JUST MOVED FROM NYC TO LA 7 MONTHS AGO AND IM PISSED
youtube.com/luciditi
Jessi

Favorite Idol: 佐藤 優樹

Postby Shoujo Q » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:40 am

Guess I’m going to NYC now too. I’d love to see Shoko!
I wonder if the girls will just stay in the area all week instead of hauling themselves back to Japan. They can have a mini vacation.
Shoujo Q
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Suu-san

Postby Amped » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:11 am

They'll probably going to do the same thing Anisong World Matsuri at Anime Expo 2018 did. Each artist will perform a mini live (4~6 songs) and then next artist rushes up next on stage. At the end, all the artists gather and greet the audience.

Nakagawa Shoko only performed 6 anime songs. The anime groups performed 6 songs each.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2 ... -expo-2018

in 2017, the anime groups performed around 6 songs each
https://honeysanime.com/anisong-world-m ... rt-review/

unlike Anime Expo where you need an AX badge for the concert, Anime NYC doesn't require a badge to attend, but you may need for the autograph session. But this is the first year for Anime NYC to host Anisong World Matsuri, it might different from Anime Expo.
Amped
High Priest

Postby AyuHikaru » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:27 am

I'm on the fence. I'm don't really want to fly over to NYC and spend all that money on a minilive. None of the other artists I really care about.

This might be the first Momusu USA concert I miss, because of it.

We'll see though
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby koregaboku » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:26 am

If it helps, don't think of it as a concert?

It's just a mini-live :)
koregaboku
Psychic

Favorite Idol: Airiiiiii <3

Postby esm » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:40 am

I’m interested because Shokotan is also awesome but for now I’m broke. But a short trip to NYC can be pretty affordable from here so I’ll see.
esm

Favorite Idol: Reina, Eripon, Nakky

Postby Amped » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:11 pm

The H!P site makes it official, Morning Musume. '18 is going to New York
http://www.helloproject.com/event/detai ... d6f68cd0f/

panel and autograph signing inside AnimeNYC, meaning you have to get a badge.
Amped
High Priest

Re: [11/17] Morning Musume in NYC @ AnisongWorldMatsuri

Postby erilaz » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:22 pm

I think I'll just have to stick with Mexico City. I can't afford to go to both, especially since I want to attend a conference in Reykjavík next year.
"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Re: [11/17] Morning Musume in NYC @ AnisongWorldMatsuri

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:18 pm

I know it's not happening (or at the very least, very unlikely), but I'd love it if this meant I could expect a new anime-related release from them before November.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Next

Return to Hello! Project