Your List of H!P / Related Goods That You Bought This Year! ~'24 version~

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: List the H!P goods you have bought this year! (2015 edition)

Postby forgetmenots » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:02 pm

Bought Tsunku's autobiography. It taunted me in the bookstores for a while now.

I'm curious has anyone else actually made the physical purchase of the book here? I had a hard time deciding myself if I wanted to get it since I'm not sure I'd be able to get myself to read it even with the bit of Japanese I can understand, but I just felt like I owed it to all the happiness he's given me to get it.

In December sometime I'm going to try and attempt to list everything I've bought this year, CD-wise at least I've spent so much money @_@ It's probably a good thing for my wallet that Concert goods have gone down in desirability to me (I want another parka to be available so badly ;_; my Chance tour one is falling apart, but nooo~) because the combination of how many CDs I buy now and that might make me have to sit down and have an H!P intervention with myself.
forgetmenots
Queen of All Banners

Favorite Idol: Maachan, Nonaka, Oda

Postby Celedam » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:01 am

Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby erilaz » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:13 pm

"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby JonCC » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:12 am

I remember the days (2010-2013) when H!P was cheaping out on their CD packaging.
Singles were the worst, but albums were little better.

I just got Limited B of ANGERME's new album delivered and the improvement is clear.
They did the same as for Juice=Juice's last: beautiful cover, high quality digipak, a full bonus concert, both a song and photo booklet + a bonus clearfile.

We give UF crap for a lot things (mostly deserved), but in this area they've really gotten it together.

As for the new songs (across all editions): there's some really enjoyable tracks here. Namida wa Chou ni Kawaru in particular stands out for me.
Last edited by JonCC on Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
JonCC
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Sayashi Riho

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:26 am

Yeah, I remember not just the leaflets and the CD's being completely bland and shit, but i'm looking at my cd's from that period and like half of them are thinner than my finger and made of cheap, flimsy plastic, and then i look at the newer ones which are, much better.

The one thing they haven't fixed, though, is the fact that the little strip that's supposed to stick in the back so you can see which album it is.... doesn't work. xD
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Postby erilaz » Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:12 am

^ Obi strips are primarily intended to provide additional information for in-store use. They're not supposed to "stick". A lot of people just throw them away after purchase, though that will decrease the CD's value in the eyes of the serious collector.

More info here (note the H!P example!): https://wiki.musicbrainz.org/Obi_Strip
"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Postby Mixi » Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:21 am

My collection is very messy right now, but I've been thinking of taking pictures after moving and sorting it out. No one wants to see 300 CDs, tubed posters and merch shoved into one crowded shelf. :lol: I also have some autographs which are currently hidden between photobooks and deserve to be displayed properly.
Mixi
Minion

Favorite Idol: 和田彩花

Postby forgetmenots » Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:54 pm

Something amazing just happened.

My friend gave me what she thought of as a "quick, little Christmas present" that she found randomly at her local toy store (which is one of those toy shops that have been around for a long time and have a bunch of random things).

She was kinda shocked by my reaction which was: "OH MY GOD HOW DID YOU FIND THIS!? This is so old! It's like finding some kind of treasure, wow!"

lol

And I got Takahashi Ai, my favourite from this line-up. It's just so weird. This is leftover from the time where MM would get stuff like this made of them. That is an incredible amount of popularity you know @_@. Nowadays we freak out over the littlest things we can get, in the past toy stores had random stuff like this and people didn't give a second thought.

She said there was one more at that shop, so she might go and get it for me XD.
forgetmenots
Queen of All Banners

Favorite Idol: Maachan, Nonaka, Oda

Postby erilaz » Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:34 am

^ That reminds me of a little toy store in Asakusa, Tokyo, that I visited in 2010. I found this thing, which had been sitting on their shelf for eight years:

erilaz
Lazarus

Postby Celedam » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:41 am

CD Japan will be having their New Year's sale from Jan 1 to Jan 3. It includes only one item from H!P…

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/EPCE-7151

Lots of AKB48 and NMB48, however, which can be either a good thing or a bad thing depending on how you feel about them.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project