Your List of H!P / Related Goods That You Bought This Year! ~'24 version~

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: What H!P goods have you bought this year?

Postby Amped » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:22 am

my MM box set arrived today. i got Ayumi (Kimi no Kawari), and Kudo (Egao no Kimi). i was hoping to get a Mizuki card.
Amped
High Priest

Favorite Idol: 工どう由愛

Postby Amped » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:38 am

got a Mizuki card in the mail from Boinsie. really cool of her. :grin:
Amped
High Priest

Favorite Idol: 工どう由愛

Postby esm » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:40 am

I got my Egao no Kimi/Kimi no Kawari CDs today. Got Eripon (Kimi no Kawari) :yahoo: and Mizuki (Egao) + posters.
esm

Favorite Idol: Reina, Eripon, Nakky

Postby erilaz » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:06 pm

I got mine today, as well. All six versions, plus CDJapan posters (Nov/Dec). As for photos, I got Sakura (Egao no Kimi) and Sayu (Kimi no Kawari).

Today I also got the Ichii Sayaka LOVE BASIC book. I need to post some pictures from it in the Cutest Thread, but there are too many to choose from! :love:

In the same shipment, from the opposing faction, I got Limited Type A of AKB48's Tsugi no Ashiato with a Yokoyama Yui poster and a Takamina photo.
"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby boinsie » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:41 am

There was a script for Sharan Q no Enka no Hanamichi (Sharan Q"s movie) for bids up on Yahoo! Auctions and, assuming that no one else would be interested in it, I placed a relatively low bid... and then at the last moment (while I was asleep) someone outbid me.
I've never seen a script for the movie before, and I imagine that they're exceptionally uncommon (to the point that I doubt I'll ever see one again)...
There go my potential hopes to have it subbed... T^T
boinsie
Guru

Postby iceymoon » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:56 am

^ sniper bid for the highest you're comfortable with paying (assuming you're using FJ). i've lost too many things by bidding only the starting price, it takes only 1 other person to bid to mess it up for you. especially if it's something you REALLY want, better do it that way. even bidding 100-200 yen above max makes a difference in case someone bid ahead of you.

i also sniper bid instead of bid straight-out because i feel like things with bids on them draw more attention. and considering auctions end at like 5am PST, i can't always get up in time to check on them (i tried for a while, and sometimes i still do for items i'm really desperate for), so yeah, sniper bid became my new best friend lol.

sorry to hear, though. hopefully you'll see one pop again.
iceymoon

Postby boinsie » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:41 am

Haha yeah, it's totally my fault--I should have bid higher. The starting bid was 1000yen, and I had bid 1500, but I was definitely willing to go higher--I just had another couple of bids open and didn't want to have so much yen tied up in FJ points. ^^;;
I hate the idea of using the sniping bid options, but I do see what you mean that an auction with bids on it draws more attention. Sigh.
Oh well, life goes on. :)
boinsie
Guru

Postby erilaz » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:37 am

I don't know whether you've ever seen this, but sometimes Yahoo! Auctions Japan will delay the closing of an auction to allow time for counter-bids against snipers. I've seen this happen when I was bidding through Juno for concert tickets and the competition was pretty fierce. I recall one auction ending about five minutes late because they kept delaying the end like this. I think it only happens when the sniper is going to beat a high bid that's already in place; I don't think they delay the closing if the opening bid comes in during the final seconds.
"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby iceymoon » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:23 am

yep, that's exactly right – if you sniper bid against someone else, they still have time to counter-bid you because the time is extended by 5 minutes or so (and doesn't close until 5 minutes has passed with no further bids). if the auction has no bids on it to begin with, the time will not extend after the sniper bid is placed. most of the time i will pass on an item if it already has bids on it, i'm not interested in bid wars unless it's the only one and it's something i really want/need.
iceymoon

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project