[11/10] Morning Musume '18 Concert in Mexico City

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: [11/10] Morning Musume '18 Concert in Mexico City

Postby erilaz » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:20 pm

It would seem that the times that I passed by the Benito Juarez monument and the day I spent at Teotihuacan were poorly scheduled. XD

Amped wrote:fans like erilaz standing in line, talking to a Mizuki fan

The Mizuki fan in question is Slack from JPHiP. He showed me pics of some amazing gifts he made for her.

Amped wrote:fan reports say during the Encore, Morito had to sit in a chair. She was feeling a little queasy or gasped maybe, probably because of the oxygen level in Mexico is thin.

Ah, I didn't catch the explanation of why she was sitting down during the encore. I thought it was an injury of some sort. It was apparent from her expression that she felt really bad (and embarrassed) about it.

I often get winded while walking uphill at home (near sea level), but oddly enough, I didn't have that problem for most of the time I was in Mexico City, or even while climbing the pyramids at Teotihuacan (where my aching legs were the problem). After a big lunch with some other fans after the handshake event on Sunday, I did have some trouble breathing, however. Maybe my overly full stomach was interfering with my lung capacity?

I just got home about 90 minutes ago, it's already after 1 a.m. PST, and I've been up since 8 a.m. CST, so it'll be a bit before I can make any more comments or post any pics.
"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby Shoujo Q » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:19 pm

I was having issues breath as well but it was the air quality that was the problem. Mexico City is one of the MOST polluted cities in the world. I thought something was strange when I got off the plane but it really didn’t hit me till my group were walking around the city. My throat was scratchy and sinuses were on fire. At first I thought it was the plane ride making me sick. But the symptoms would go away when I was inside. Leaving yesterday on the plane you can see the haze clear as day coming from the city. So couple that with high altitudes and it’s like you’re gonna die.
Shoujo Q
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Suu-san

Postby rikkikow » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:08 am

erilaz wrote:I often get winded while walking uphill at home (near sea level), but oddly enough, I didn't have that problem for most of the time I was in Mexico City, or even while climbing the pyramids at Teotihuacan (where my aching legs were the problem).

Dude, you are amazing if you climbed the Pyramid of the Moon and climbed the Pyramid of the Sun and came away with only sore legs! That Berkeley hill climbing is keeping you in pretty good shape. My being out of shape, and my common sense allowed me only to go about a third of the way up the Moon pyramid and live to tell about it. XD
Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.
Panda-san! Panda-san Power! Panda -san!
rikkikow

Postby erilaz » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:30 pm

I'm amazed by how much I walked that day! I went all the way to the top of the Pyramid of the Sun, getting that done in the early morning, then walked to the Pyramid of the Moon and went as far up it as was allowed. From there I walked to the Museo de Murales Teotihuacanos Beatriz de la Fuente. Then I went back to the site and walked to the Museo de Sitio Teotihuacan near the Pyramid of the Sun, then further down the Calle de los Muertos all the way to the Temple of Quetzalcoatl, which I climbed as well — not all the way to the top, but far enough to see the sculptures. Then, rather than having to go through the ups and downs of the Calle de los Muertos again to get to my bus stop, I left the site and walked from Puerta 1 to Puerta 2 down a sidewalk lined with signs (in Spanish and dodgy English) explaining what UNESCO World Heritage Sites are. So that must have been well over two miles, even without all the ups and downs. After I got back into the city, I walked another mile and a half from the Hidalgo Metro station, down the Paseo de la Reforma, to El Plaza Condesa.

As I mentioned before, people already started lining up on Thursday for a concert that started at 8 p.m. on Saturday. The woman at the front of the line was given the task of keeping a numbered list of the people in line. When I finally got in line at 7:10 a.m. on Saturday, I was #112 on the VIP list. I was told to stick around until they gave out the lanyards. The lanyards ended up being cards, and since some people had left, I got #103 — see the photo below, which includes my ticket and gifts from other fans: two Chisaki photo cards and the "Furari Ginza" single, which also contained a Chisaki photo card!

Speaking of gifts, the Mexican fans gave out yellow glowsticks, yellow bandannas, and special buttons to wear in honor of Haruna's birthday (three days before) and upcoming graduation.

Anyway, back to the VIP line. After we got our place cards, we were free to leave until roll call at 11 a.m., so I went to a café and had breakfast with seven other fans, mostly Americans from JPHiP. The Japanese guy sitting next to me asked where I was from. It turned out that he lives in Berkeley, only eight blocks from where I work! XD

After the 11 a.m. roll call, we were supposed to come back for roll call at 1 and 4 p.m. But at 1:00, things went haywire, because it became clear that they would be selling goods from the window at the front of the venue. I was focused on figuring out where the next day's fan event would be and how to get there, so I didn't notice the mass migration right away and wound up pretty far back in line. The photo below shows the goods line; I'm beyond the left edge of the picture.

Amped wrote:Image

So 1:00 VIP roll call was scrapped, as we waited until around 2:30 for them to start selling goods. But at about the same time as the goods window opened, we found out that VIPs needed to go back to their line for roll call. So it was a choice between the VIP line or the goods line. I gave up my place in the goods line to go back for roll call. By the time they got me checked off, I was probably after three, so I didn't think I could get through the goods line before they closed it. (People who were in line near me proved me wrong.)

It was a gigantic clusterf***. When I saw Morning Musume。’14 in NYC and ℃-ute in Mexico City, merch was only sold inside the venue. VIPs went in first, and they could choose at that point whether to buy goods or go straight to the stage. In Japan, H!P concert goods usually go on sale early, and even people without tickets can buy them, but seating for the concert is reserved, NOT GENERAL ADMISSION. Nobody is forced to choose between a line for seating and a line for goods. :x

When they moved the VIP line into position in front of the doors around 5:00, I was luckily close enough to the goods window to make my purchase. But by that time, they were already sold out of XL t-shirts (my preferred size), photobooks, photo sets, and keychain figures. But I did manage to get a large t-shirt (which will still fit me) and a towel.

The fan meeting the next day was not nearly as insane with regard to lining up early. I arrived about an hour before the doors opened and got #73. There were issues with the numbers, though; just ask the people who got numbers with decimal points written on their hands with a Sharpie.

Assorted grumbles aside, I had a wonderful time. The show was a lot of fun, of course, and I got to say what I wanted to say to the girls, within the extreme time constraints of the handshake event format. And it's always great to meet other fans and see friends that I haven't seen for years.
"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby Amped » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:21 am

Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:01 am

Another pic of Morning Musume. '18 at the Red Cross in Mexico

https://scontent-nrt1-1.cdninstagram.co ... 1680_n.mp4

more concert fan pics
https://www.instagram.com/p/BqH8iuYhICE/
Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:00 am

from New York, Morito Chisaki says good morning to everyone in Japan.

Shopping in Mexico, Morito was so excited to find lots of her favorite cereals. She bought them and brought them home.

2-shot at the top

https://ameblo.jp/morningm-13ki/entry-12419340092.html

https://ameblo.jp/morningm-13ki/entry-12419447540.html
Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:27 am

starting in January, elineupmall taking pre-orders for the FC DVD release of MORNING MUSUME. ’18 Fall Concert Tour ~GET SET, GO!~ in Mexico City. 2 discs : concert (80 minutes), making (40 minutes). Ship date is March.

bonus video includes off shot pictures in Mexico and offshot pictures in New York for "Anisong World Matsuri at Anime NYC 2018" on November 17.

https://www.elineupmall.com/c720/c1272/ ... xico-city/

There will probably be a general release soon.
Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:27 pm

general release for "MORNING MUSUME. ’18 Fall Concert Tour ~GET SET, GO!~ in Mexico City" DVD is April 3rd
http://www.helloproject.com/release/detail/UFBW-1622/
Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:32 pm

Amped
High Priest

Previous

Return to Hello! Project