Ogata Haruna graduated from Morning Musume。'18/H!P on 6/20 at Nippon Budoukan

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: Ogata Haruna to graduate from Morning Musume。'18/H!P on 6/20 at Nippon Budoukan

Postby Jessi » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:47 am

Yeah it gets tricky when thinking of other names. I think the Haruna thing is based purely off of her age, but honestly I don’t think she’s going anywhere unless she decides she wants to get into modeling or something, but I doubt it. Haruna is in for the long haul. When she was in High School and had to say what she planned on doing after graduation, she answered join Morning Musume... that was before there was even an audition. She literally has no other plans. She mentioned more recently in an interview that if she wasn’t in Morning Musume she’d be professionally unemployed. That to me is a girl who plans on staying until her mid 20s and only leaving to become a housewife or something.

Akane looks up to KonKon. She may leave for college one day, but I think she wants to juggle both and stay in Morning Musume until graduation my guess.

Sakura (who better not graduate) could potentially graduate for a solo career, but like Airi is probably in it for the long haul.

Mizuki is an HP superfan who I can’t see leaving earlier than 10 years like Risa, everyone says Erina probably will leave because she’s been notoriously unhappy and unconfident which comes across as her not giving 100% but really she doesn’t have much else to fall back on so I don’t see her leaving. (Unless she just wants to leave entertainment altogether and go back into everyday life?)

Misaki might leave because of a flare up of her injury (which is why I think she’s been looking upset tbh)

Ayumi ??? She’s like a professional idol. I don’t see her leaving. Unless she pulls a Riho and wants to dance abroad or whatever.

13 Ki just joined so they have a while, but Kaede took so long to get in the group I think she will stay until the last possible moment.

Too early to call for Yokoyan and Chiichan but my gut says they will stay a while
youtube.com/luciditi
Jessi

Favorite Idol: 佐藤 優樹

Re: Ogata Haruna to graduate from Morning Musume。'18/H!P on 6/20 at Nippon Budoukan

Postby resop2 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:20 am

My opinion (which probably won't be true) is that the next to leave will be Morito Chisaki. When Yamaki Risa graduates college and Mai graduates high school H!P will want Country Girls to go back to being full time.
resop2
Skeptic

Postby Denki » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:16 am

I remember reading on twitter that there is speculation that Harunan might graduate in the near future because she has found something to do and has talked to Ayacho about it. This was around the time Ikoma Rina announced her graduation.

I personally don't like the idea of kicking off members because they are useless. Just focus on training your current girls better or have less focus on dance formations. If you're going to keep pushing this Makino-Morito-Yokoyama trio, you can release for "fun" songs that doesn't have a hard choreo... (It's just me, but I haven't really cared about their dance ever since Riho left.)
Denki

Favorite Idol: えりぽん

Postby JonCC » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:41 am

Denki wrote:I personally don't like the idea of kicking off members because they are useless.

I wouldn't worry.
If H!P was in the business of getting rid of members that are somehow perceived to be 'useless' we'd have seen a lot more departures in the past. :giggle:

I've said it before and will say it again: if H!P was adamant to retain Mitsui Aika despite her unpopularity and her complete inability to function in her last few years as part of H!P proper, then whoever you might be worrying about is more than safe.

As for Ogata: Best of luck to her, but on the purely practical side of things her departure poses little issue.
Few lines will have to be redistributed. The choreography will have to be adjusted slightly, but they've done that enough times before for it to hardly matter.

Celedam wrote:Being an idol was a fun after-school job for her and nothing more.

Seems like idols can really be divided in two categories: those who will stick to the entertainment world until the end, and those who see it as a fun side-activity until something more crucial comes along.
All the more respect to the likes of Momoko and Ayaka who manage to balance both their idol and personal commitments.
JonCC
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Sayashi Riho

Postby Amped » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:15 am

Ogata Haruna's first blog entry since the announcement

a cheerful Hacchin
https://ameblo.jp/mm-12ki/entry-12363943975.html
Amped
High Priest

Favorite Idol: 工どう由愛

Postby AyuHikaru » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:57 am

Denki wrote:I remember reading on twitter that there is speculation that Harunan might graduate in the near future because she has found something to do and has talked to Ayacho about it. This was around the time Ikoma Rina announced her graduation.

I personally don't like the idea of kicking off members because they are useless. Just focus on training your current girls better or have less focus on dance formations. If you're going to keep pushing this Makino-Morito-Yokoyama trio, you can release for "fun" songs that doesn't have a hard choreo... (It's just me, but I haven't really cared about their dance ever since Riho left.)

I don't think H!P has ever kicked a girl out for being useless. There were a lot of girls who seemed useless for awhile that they just let them hang out for as long as they needed to. Most notable examples are Aichan and Sayu, we kinda forget both of them were practically useless till Platinum Era. I'd argue Sayu was till 2010. Imagine if H!P gave em the boot early lol. I do think UF gives them the chance to become successful, even if they never do. I think the only girls they've like.. actively forced out (Not like "Heeyy maybe you should think about graduating soonish...") was Kago and Tsuji for W.
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby resop2 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:16 am

^
I think that they kicked Kusumi Koharu out for not progressing, but she was anything but useless.
resop2
Skeptic

Postby Jessi » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:56 am

^
My impression was that Koharu actually hated being in the group just as much as the rest of the group hated her. I mean hate may be a strong word. I think there was a mutual respect as being a member of the same team, but no one seemed too upset to see her go. I mean, did you guys watch the graduation? Everyone was basically saying how frustrated they were with her the whole way through.

AyuHikaru wrote:I don't think H!P has ever kicked a girl out for being useless. There were a lot of girls who seemed useless for awhile that they just let them hang out for as long as they needed to. Most notable examples are Aichan and Sayu, we kinda forget both of them were practically useless till Platinum Era. I'd argue Sayu was till 2010. Imagine if H!P gave em the boot early lol. .

This has pretty much been my view on 12ki. I think girls are brought into the group for their potential. Sometimes that potential becomes apparent, and sometimes they fail to materialize into anything. I think Mitsui was added because Tsunku thought she could end up being more than she ended up to be, but she didn't. And then you have Sayu, who didn't come into her own until years after she joined. I think the other three 12ki will be invaluable down the road, even if it doesn't seem like it just yet.
youtube.com/luciditi
Jessi

Favorite Idol: 佐藤 優樹

Postby Celedam » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:42 am

I'm not worried about the remaining 12th Gen members. They've all found places for themselves: Maria is the new princess character and photobook champ; Miki sings fairly well and has an interesting talent; and Akane is a natural comedian and MC.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Amped » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:31 pm

Ogata Haruna wrote:To all of you.

This was announced just now on the official homepage

But I, Ogata Haruna,
Will be graduating from Morning Musume。 as well as Hello! Project as of the last show of the currently ongoing spring tour, on the 20th of June.

I will be going on to a 2-year college in April,

And considering the difficulty of balancing activities with a lifestyle where I spend my weekdays in classes from morning to night,

And my goal to ultimately enter a 4-year university through my studies at college,

I would like to devote myself to my studies.

Because I was still waiting for my university exam results, the tour had started, and I am truly sorry to be making this sudden announcement at such a time.

This is my decision, after putting a lot of thought and worry into it.

This completely ordinary senior high school girl, Ogata Haruna,
Entered Morning Musume。 and learned a lot from this new world.

I had many wonderful experiences and encounters.

Amongst those,
The presence of all of you constantly supportive fans made me develop and made me strong.

I’m really full of gratitude!!!

There’s a bit of time remaining while I’m still active, until the 20th of June,

But I’ll give my utmost best

In hopes that I’ll at least be able to deliver energy and smiles to all you supportive fans.

I asked for your continued kindness
Towards Morning Musume。’18 and Ogata Haruna.

Morning Musume。’18
Ogata Haruna

http://blog-project.net/ogata-haruna/263960

Kaga Kaede wrote:Ogata-san.

As announced just now on the official homepage

As of the last show of
「Morning Musume。 Tanjou 20shuunen Kinen Concert Tour
2018 Haru 〜We are MORNING MUSUME。〜」

Ogata Haruna-san will be graduating.

I’ve seen her studying for her university exams, all the time.

I was amazed when she went for university interviews
And came to work without changing clothes, dressed just like that.

It’s really cool how Ogata-san
Seriously gave consideration towards her own life,
Made her big decision
And is moving forward.

There’s still a bit more time left,
And I’d be glad if, until the very end,
The 13 of us can properly see her off.

Kaga Kaede

http://blog-project.net/kaga-kaede/263947

Morito Chisaki wrote:
Good evening.

Today,
Our member Ogata Haruna-chan announced that
As of the end of 「Morning Musume。 Tanjou 20shuunen Kinen
Concert Tour 2018 Spring ~We are MORNING MUSUME。~」
She will graduate from Morning Musume。’18 as well as Hello! Project.

To tell you the truth、、、

It’s reallllly sad to say goodbye.

Haachin and I entered Hello! Project at roughly the same time,

We became close friends instantly when I joined Morning Musume。 Whenever we had free time, we’d go for a meal, so to me, Haachin’s presence was huge.

It’s too early to express my gratitude, so I won’t. lol

Because I knew that Haachin worked really hard on her university exams、、、 I’m glad that her dreams have come true and I pray that she’ll enjoy her new lifestyle!!

It’s a reminder to me that the current situation isn’t something that I should take for granted, even for myself as a member.

I hope that all of you remember that too…

I’d like to treasure the precious remaining 「now」 that I have with Haachin,
As well as my time as the 13-member Morning Musume。’18!

The 13 of us will keep on running until the last leg of the spring tour.

Morito Chisaki

http://blog-project.net/morito-chisaki/263943
Amped
High Priest

Favorite Idol: 工どう由愛

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project