Morning Musume。20th Anniversary thread

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: Morning Musume。20th Anniversary thread

Postby Sohee » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:33 pm

I personally would love it if they did. W reunion plz.
But that doesn’t change the fact that 11 years ago (or 12? Was it 2006 or 2007?) she broke the law and was caught. ^^;
Yaguchi broke many moral rules and whatever but Kago went against the actual law as well as morals and image. Twice. So I really wouldn’t say that it’s the same. BUT either way, it’s about time they bring her back and get over it. Especially with underage smoking and drinking not being the biggest law to break anymore, since everyone instead seems to be on weed and thankfully we have none of that in H!P history.
Yet.
Sohee
Hierophant

Favorite Idol: Kamei Eri

Postby vikitty » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:16 am

I agree. While it’s nice to think about, the fact is she broke the law and they handled it accordingly. It does seem like they have at least forgiven her in the respect that they showed her quite a bit in the anniversary special. I know she and Tsuji are still close which also makes me so happy.
vikitty
Senior Initiate

Postby AyuHikaru » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:54 am

They handled it fine back in the day, but it was back in the day. She was 16. She's got a kid now, been married, is an adult. After a while we gotta move on from the sins of the past. She shouldn't keep being punished for things she did as a child. Something that was probably brought on from the stress of being an idol ironically.
I agreed with her being kicked back then, but I'm not really for making that her defining characteristic for the rest of her life.

It was nice they weren't pretending she didn't exist so thats a nice step forward at least.
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby TotallyUncool » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:14 am

I agree - the court sealed my juvenile record a loooonnnnng time ago, and it'a about time that H!P did the same for Aibon.
If madness made us strong, we would all be invincible.
TotallyUncool
#Member

Location: Gaslighting myself, but then again, I would do that, wouldn't I?
Favorite Idol: Siao Fongfong '66

Postby Yattaruchan » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:18 am

Management (or whoever) hasn't really blocked anything Kago for a few years now, unlike the early day where they clearly edited Kago footage out of everything they could. I'm pretty sure members have talked about her over the past few years too. Not sure why people here are acting like it's only happened now.
Yattaruchan
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Eri Kamei

Postby AyuHikaru » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:29 am

I'm saying I want the full thing of her standing on the same stage a la Aya and Asuka. I don't really care how long they've been showing her on tv in old clips. I want them to go the full way.
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby Yattaruchan » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:51 am

For all we know it's Kago that doesn't want to or can't schedule it for whatever reason.

We all want to see Kago back, but people hear are acting like Kago's been totally blacklisted until the 20th Anniversary SP when that's not the case. That's all I'm saying

Asuka hasn't been around for like 18 years. Doesn't mean she was blacklisted for all that time. She had nothing to do with UF/H!P for all that time as far as I recall. It was awesome to see her standing together with the other 4 OGs, even though she's the member I'm least attached to. Because I've seen her the least. (I got into MM from RR21, just before Yuko's Graduation.)

I'd love to see Kamei back, but that probably won't happen anytime soon.

God only knows what's up with Ichi. One minute see seems to have hang ups about MM, then fine with them the next.

Yattaruchan
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Eri Kamei

Postby vikitty » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:35 pm

I know if it were me, it would definitely be hard to come back even after all these years. Being publicly outed doing something illegal, and then being publicly fired… and then of course all the scandal in her personal life – suicide attempts, her husband’s criminal activity, her messy divorce… I totally agree it might be Kago herself who just doesn’t want to jump back into anything even if she were asked.
vikitty
Senior Initiate

Postby Sohee » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:49 pm

It's most likely even harder to get people back when they're with other agencies. Ishiguro's have a long history of close working with Upfront and I think Fukuda was independent?
Goto is on good terms with UF but there's no collab there yet either. I know nothing of Kago's agency but that she has one, and for all we know it might be them not wanting her to be there for whatever reason, too.

I'd guess the only ones they're not even trying to bring back to interact with the members might be Ichi (such a whiny image, despite the I LOVE MM-campaign she seems to be running now) and Kusumi.
Sohee
Hierophant

Favorite Idol: Kamei Eri

Postby TotallyUncool » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:13 pm

I kind of want Koharu to walk in and cause all kinds of Koharu-style trouble. XD
If madness made us strong, we would all be invincible.
TotallyUncool
#Member

Location: Gaslighting myself, but then again, I would do that, wouldn't I?
Favorite Idol: Siao Fongfong '66

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project