[3/8] Morning Musume. '17 63rd single - BRAND NEW MORNING / Jealousy Jealousy

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: [3/8] Morning Musume. '17 : BRAND NEW MORNING / Jealousy Jealousy (63rd single)

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:05 am

Alright after watching these two mv's, go back and watch this
Spoiler: show
(if it didn't timestamp: 28:48)

I almost broke into tears, especially now that we have their first mv's
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Re: [3/8] Morning Musume. '17 : BRAND NEW MORNING / Jealousy Jealousy (63rd single)

Postby Zunu » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:32 pm

I feel the same as Jessi. The bit of PV we saw made me like the song better -- I was frustrated it was so short. Oda looked great.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby jeiwa42 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:28 pm

I think the PV is fine, and I still really love the song. One thing that's bothering me is the chorus choreo where the right team seems to be doing this domino/one after the other style dance and it looks a bit messy imo. However, the dance during the intro with Ayumi center is really nice, clean, and I love it!
KAE-DID IT!!! I am proud to have kept her KSS photo as my avatar since Feb 2, 2014, three years ago!!!
jeiwa42
Minion

Favorite Idol: MuroMinaTaguKisoORisaKaedi

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:47 pm

^ I'll wait for the full video but just from this glimpse I don't think that was a purposeful effect, I think they were just out of sync. The same thing happened in "Mukidashi" when they split into the two groups and had to do the arm circles and the hip thrusts. Both sides were out of sync there and I think they are here too (left can't get their body rolls together, right can't match arm timing).

If it was purposeful, I think it was a bad decision on the choreographer's part. I do like the PV though, I hope it's one that they decide to give to us before the weekend. :lol:
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby forgetmenots » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:32 pm

The out of sync-ness that happened quite a few times in the PV was the only thing that felt off to me, usually their dancing is really clean, so I do wonder it it's just that they moves they've got there is impossible to get unison because of different body types (that body roll moment that sticks out in particular to me). But really it just feels like they shot the dance before they were really ready to (maybe from rushing the single) Though I have to agree, while I don't think Maachan would really have been a lead voice in BNM at all, Jealousy Jealousy feels exactly the song she would have stood out in.

Also, theory, but I wonder if they rushed the single because they've got an album coming up and they want Maachan in the album, so they switched the order that they were going to do things in. They are VERY overdue for an album and with 13th Gen in now as well, added with the fact that there's a distinct feeling of "new era" now which means we need an album to cement it.
forgetmenots
Queen of All Banners

Favorite Idol: Maachan, Nonaka, Oda

Postby Amped » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:30 pm

Amped
High Priest

Postby otaku_blue » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:43 pm

looooove this single.

i do agree though with forgetmenots about the dancing.
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:54 pm

forgetmenots wrote:because they've got an album coming up

This is just speculation, correct? You're just saying "it's overdue therefore one is coming up"?
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Postby jeiwa42 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:00 am

^Yes she's speculating xD

---

I think you're right about the single being rushed, forgetmenots. I mean, let's consider the timeline: 13th gen were notified of their entry to the group in November, and then they were officially announced in December 12, and now their first single is March where the PV shooting, editing, recording, etc. all probably had to be completed by no later than last week of January since we started getting previews this month.

Compare this to 12th gen, who were announced officially in September 30, 2014 but had their debut single in April 2015, it's a much shorter time span to prepare for the new single, among other things, as MM.'17.
KAE-DID IT!!! I am proud to have kept her KSS photo as my avatar since Feb 2, 2014, three years ago!!!
jeiwa42
Minion

Favorite Idol: MuroMinaTaguKisoORisaKaedi

Postby Shoujo Q » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:35 am

Considering this is their 20th anniversary, you know for a fact they are going to release an album at some point this year. An album they can take into 2018 and leech off of into H!Ps 20th anniversary. Even Sayumi's comeback kind of falls into line with the anniversary. The signs are all there, you just need to know where to look.
Shoujo Q
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Suu-san

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project