[3/8] Morning Musume. '17 63rd single - BRAND NEW MORNING / Jealousy Jealousy

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: [3/8] Morning Musume. '17 : BRAND NEW MORNING / Jealousy Jealousy (63rd single)

Postby Amped » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:01 pm

BRAND NEW MORNING MV (Hello! Station Edit)
https://youtu.be/JgifpHf29yQ?t=44s

first solo line is all Yokoyama Reina's
Last edited by Amped on Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amped
High Priest

Favorite Idol: 工どう由愛

Re: [3/8] Morning Musume. '17 : BRAND NEW MORNING / Jealousy Jealousy (63rd single)

Postby otaku_blue » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:27 pm

shook shook shook shook shook shook shook shook shook shook shook shook shook shook shook shook shook shook

:yahoo: :w00t:
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby forgetmenots » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:34 pm

THIS IS WHAT A DEBUT SONG SHOULD BE. Ah, I'm so happy, it's such a powerful song.

Reina is a good singer! I remember hearing hints that she was, but it's so nice to see them adding two really stable vocals to the group. Also I loved hearing/seeing Fukuchan right after that, it was a really powerful moment.
forgetmenots
Queen of All Banners

Favorite Idol: Maachan, Nonaka, Oda

Postby 321BreakinOut » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:44 pm

Whoever he director of the video is UF needs to keep them around for a long time because that was superb !
321BreakinOut
Devotee

Postby Shoujo Q » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:13 pm

I'm going to give Reina a pass on that line, since she's a newbie. If it was anyone else I'd be very disappointed in the MM music staff for letting that through production.

I really like Military Musume so I'm all about this song. <3
Shoujo Q
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Suu-san

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:43 pm

>_>
can we all just remember when 12th gen debuted. I mean, what a difference. :3
Reina kinda looks like a skinnier Zukki (and sounds it too!!) anyone else hear it??
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Postby AyuHikaru » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:44 pm

^ Reina sounds just like Zukki toward the end. I made mention that the person who sung that line sounded like her which is why I thought it was Akane in another thread XD
Both Kaede and Reina have lower tones. It's so weird they aren't looking for squeaky squeaker-sons anymore.

Reina is definitely our "off the streets" girl here - voice untrained and can't do expressions haha. That's normal though for girls who haven't been through KSS training (Or only went through for a short time). Her voice isn't bad, it'll sound great once she gets it stabilized. She's a good dancer, too. Reina is pretty great overall.

Kaede just looked like she's been there the whole time if you weren't paying close attention. Dancing on point, expressions on point. Gonna need to hear her voice in this song to hear how she blends with Momusu (She always sounded good in the KSS songs though) - then you realize THAT'S KAEDE IN MORNING MUSUME and that realization that she made it dawns on you again XD

A strong gen. Has the potential to be too strong? As in, overshadowing 12ki pretty hardcore.
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby Celedam » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:54 pm

AyuHikaru wrote:A strong gen. Has the potential to be too strong? As in, overshadowing 12ki pretty hardcore.

As such, look for them to push Maria even harder.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Rysaria » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:19 am

Just so damn cool. I see why they're being so impatient to show off 13th gen and it's SO DAMN NICE to have newbies that are up to speed (and age) so that their intro single isn't slowing down or babying them, it's showcasing the hell out of them instead. I feel like they've done that on and off with each gen's introduction (that I've been in the fandom for); 9th was pretty shown off, 10th was Pyoko'd, Sakura was glorified, 12th was kinda just there, 13th is AHEM WE'RE HERE. Not just by song difficulty or screentime, as a weird dance junkie even the dances for the even gens were less taxing.

Side note, I keep trying to go back and listen to Reina's line to see how I feel about it (nobody would ever say that Zukki and Erina sound alike, but apparently this girl has absorbed a chunk of both souls for this line) and I can't help letting the rest of the video play after each listen because it's just so enjoyable to see MM with such confidence and attitude.
Kitagawa RioKawana RinArisawa IchikaYagi ShioriSatoyoshi UtanoSaito Madoka
Rysaria
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: KitagawaRio/YagiShiori

Postby Moh » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:28 am

Video looks cool so far. :thumbs-up:

I wish 12th gen's debut had been as well done as this seems to be, though. :lol:
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project