[2/8] Country Girls 5th single - Good Boy Bad Girl / Peanut Butter Jelly Love (Momochi's last single)

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: [2/8] Country Girls 5th single - Good Boy Bad Girl / Peanut Butter Jelly Love (Momochi's last single)

Postby Amped » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:53 pm

Good Boy Bad Girl (Promotional Edit)

TV promotion

HOT WAVE 1-29-17 - guests Yamaki Risa, Morito Chisaki

https://twitter.com/music_teletama/stat ... 4261822464
Amped
High Priest

Re: [2/8] Country Girls 5th single - Good Boy Bad Girl / Peanut Butter Jelly Love (Momochi's last single)

Postby AyuHikaru » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:44 am

Man I'm super impressed with that, it's super clever and well executed.
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby Zunu » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:22 pm

Instead of being super-depressed about the upcoming departure of the remaining H!P Kids, I'm really hopeful for the future of Hello!Project, thanks in large part to Country Girls.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:25 pm

I love when they double up on choruses like that every so often~ at the end
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Postby Amped » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:58 pm

Promotion

Billboard spotted in Shibuya

giant vision screen in Shibuya
Last edited by Amped on Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:06 am

Sho Hoshibe's notes for "Good Boy Bad Girl"

[EN] Liner Notes translation of Sho Hoshibe for "Good Boy Bad Girl"

Here are what the composer Sho Hoshibe of "Good Boy Bad Girl" said about the song in his website:

After around one year ago with "Boogie Woogie LOVE", I got to write a song for Country Girls.
In the riff of the rock guitar, I put a A melody which is like a dialogue.
With a 7th blues seventh chord (Note from UFL: a set of three notes, a triad, added to a note forming an interval of seventh above the chord's root), I have stuck a B melody in the main part.
Then I have developed the chorus in minor key with a tone of the rock songs from the 70's and 80's.
With this old style melody, Ameko Kodama, by her talent, wrote the lyrics of this song and came with the theme of an inexperienced and comical lover's quarrel.
In the phrase of the second chorus "Even if he memorizes the guitar chords, he can't think of lyrics", it is really stuck deeply in the juvenile heart of the former-guitarist (laughing) (Note from UFL: he is talking about himself)
The little different tones of the lyrics and the melody are well associated together, which completed this cute and cool song.

By saying "cool", I actually have been able to see and feel it during a live performance of Country Girls.
Even by showing them in a lovely way with cute songs they have like "Itooshikutte Gomenne", as professional I felt they were cool.
If you think intensely at cuteness, I experienced the fact it can become coolness.
Country Girls is an extremely interesting group, composed chemically of cuteness and coolness.

I hope this song will be like a spice which will support the cuteness of Country Girls.

Sho Hoshibe

http://www.hoshibe.com/linernotes/m19.html
https://www.facebook.com/upfrontlink/po ... 2173658030
Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:15 am

Promotion

Weekly PB gravure magazine's Funaki Musubu interview and pics
http://wpb.shueisha.co.jp/2017/01/31/79373/

Amped
High Priest

Postby jeiwa42 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:35 pm

Zunu wrote:Instead of being super-depressed about the upcoming departure of the remaining H!P Kids, I'm really hopeful for the future of Hello!Project, thanks in large part to Country Girls.

Short ver: I love this group, this single, and I am no longer worried about the group even when Momoko leaves.

Long ver: I was a bit worried for Country Girls when Momochi announced she would be leaving, especially since Manaka left. They played a big part in the group, whether it's in performance or variety appearances, and I wasn't sure how the 5 were going to do without them. However, with the latest single, I'm more confident, and thus relieved, that they'll continue to do well even when Momoko graduates.

Just the other day I saw a video of them appearing in a show and their teamwork in poking fun with one another and getting everyone involved was outstanding. There weren't any members who just sat there or weren't in the spotlight for a decent amount of time.
I was also watching their recording sessions and they have improved quite a bit vocally, which is apparent while listening to these two songs. I actually used to dislike Nanami's voice, but now I find it quite pleasant and clear, and while we already knew about Funaki being talented, it's simply astonishing to see her impressive versatility. Being able to pull off cute and cool both vocally and expressions wise, she's really quite something, and because of that she is now hands-down my favorite member of Country Girls.

About the songs themselves, they are so GOOD and I LOVE them. I really don't have any complaints about this single and it's a wonderful final single for Momoko, who I'm glad got a proper, well-deserved and well executed spotlight intro and final solo line in PBJ Love.
Good Boy Bad Girl is cool yet comical and that in itself is charmingly cute in it's own way, which fits the group's image/theme, and it's really catchy from start to end. I particularly liked how they changed up the second verse a bit rather than just straight up sounding like the first verse and how they ended on a high note (literally).
KAE-DID IT!!! I am proud to have kept her KSS photo as my avatar since Feb 2, 2014, three years ago!!!
jeiwa42
Minion

Favorite Idol: MuroMinaTaguKisoORisaKaedi

Postby Amped » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:47 am

Promotion event

Talk and Handshake event in Sapporo 2-3-17 - Momochi, Morito Chisaki
https://twitter.com/HMV_Sapporo/status/ ... 6201755654

local Sapporo radio show Carnavi 2-3-17 - Momochi, Morito Chisaki

local Sapporo radio show Entame Station 2-3-17 - Momochi, Morito Chisaki

local Sapporo radio show Pop'nRoll 2-3-17 - Momochi, Morito Chisaki

Last edited by Amped on Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:42 pm

TV promotion

local Sapporo morning TV show 2-4-17 - Momochi, Morito Chisaki
Amped
High Priest

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project