Secret Santa 2016 ~Sign up by Nov 20th~

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Secret Santa 2016 ~Sign up by Nov 20th~

Postby boinsie » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:44 pm

It's finally time to start our SIXTH annual Secret Santa!

"What's Secret Santa?"

A Secret Santa gift exchange works like this: Everyone that wants to participate is randomly assigned another person from the group to get a gift for. A cost ceiling is generally put in place (let's say $20). The identity of the person giving the gift is kept secret at least until the gift is given, though sometimes the sender never reveals him/herself.
In this case we will be mailing gifts, so do keep that in mind when shopping (perishables, fragile things, etc).

"How Do I Participate?"

1. Post in this thread with your likes/dislikes/allergies. This list should ideally include things outside of the H!P world because, let's face it, idol stuff is for the most part prohibitively expensive. ^^;
2. Send me a PM with your mailing address. Also let me know if you're willing to ship outside of your country. Foreign shipping costs can be expensive and I'll let you know if you can be accommodated.

The deadline to sign up is Nov. 20th (2 weeks from now!). The morning of Nov. 21st I'll have my husband match everyone's names up randomly with one another and he will PM everyone their Secret Santa's info. Please refer to this thread for their likes/dislikes!
Keep shipping time in mind. All packages should probably be mailed out no later than mid-December. :thumbs-up:

LET'S KEEP THIS FUN FOR EVERYBODY!
Please only sign up if you're able to participate! :xmas:

~Commited Participants~
boinsie
TotallyUncool
Shoujo Q
forgetmenots
Jessi
boinsie
Guru

Re: Secret Santa 2016 ~Sign up by Nov 20th~

Postby boinsie » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:48 pm

Likes: Candy, snacks. Macha/green tea flavored things.The colors green, brown, white. Nature related-things, both plants and animals. Dinosaurs. Stuff about where you're from (especially if it's a different country... note, I collect foreign coins). Earrings (stainless steel). Needlessly cute things. Creepy & weird stuff. My favorite H!P girls are Airi (Erika), (Yurina), Kudo (Tsuji/Kago), Rikako (Murotan), Karin. Also Kikkawa Yuu, YuiKaori, StylipS. I'm a HUGE Tsunku/Sharan Q fan.

Dislikes: Sports, spicy foods. Disney. Coffee. Top 40 music. I don't really wear much jewelry... though, again, cute things are cute.

Allergies: I'm a vegetarian, so no meat or meat products. This includes obvious ingredients like meat, fish, or beef tallow/lard, but also other things you might otherwise think innocuous, such as gelatin, carmine, fish oil, etc. But milk/eggs/honey are fine. And I'm technically allergy-free. Bring on the peanuts! :hehe:
boinsie
Guru

Postby TotallyUncool » Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:25 pm

I'm in!

Likes: Anything with style and character -- art, good design, unique, quirky, surprising, or just plain weird things. Send me a fresh durian; let the postal service figure out how to deal with it. XD

Dislikes: I'm too lazy to maintain any strong dislikes when it comes to matters of taste, and besides, I trust the taste and judgement of anyone who hangs out here.

Allergies: I'm off alcohol (and anything else that has a high potential for addiction). And I've developed a not-very-good reaction to chicken. But I'm pretty much Ok with anything else.
If madness made us strong, we would all be invincible.
TotallyUncool
#Member

Location: Gaslighting myself, but then again, I would do that, wouldn't I?
Favorite Idol: Siao Fongfong '66

Postby Shoujo Q » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:33 am

I'm in.

Info Add In.

Likes : Hello!Project stuff is great. My favorites are Suzuki Airi, and Oda Sakura. Lifetime Morning Musume fan! I also adore Country Girls and Kobush Factory. Angerme was great, till Kanon and Meimi flew the coop. Now it just makes me sad. I love OGs too. Mainly Kago, Miki and Sayumi. I'm a big collector of H!P keychains, mainly the costume keychains they make. Though I haven't collected them in a while since I've been saving my money. I also collect the CDs but haven't really picked up in the 2nd half of the year. (Money~) For non H!P info. I like fairies, alpaca, owls, pandas, cute fluffy things, quirky things that keep my attention because I have a slight attention problem. I'm an artist by trade and hobby, my weapon of choice is marker and pen. I love collecting Japanese erasers, pens and anything quirky that I can use in my daily life. I'm a super big fan of Alphonse Mucha's work and anything in that style would be awesome. As for food, I love DIY Japanese candy kits and candy and sweets from around the world. I'm one of the few people in this world that loves black licorices and I adore marzipan and anything with almond flavoring in it.

My #1 favorite characters of all time is, Sailor Saturn, Suzuki Airi's Suu-san, Severus Snape, Hermione Granger, Darth Vader, Spock, Dug from UP, and just about any Ghibli Character.

Dislikes : Floral Smelling things. (Rose, Lily, Lavender Etc.) Chewy and hard candies. (My teeth are tender things.). I have a slight allergy to tree nuts in their raw form. I can eat them, but they make me itchy. But I love pecans and almonds. D: I hate Chocolate and Citrus together, and artificial strawberry is an icky thing. No herbal teas.
Last edited by Shoujo Q on Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Shoujo Q
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Suu-san

Postby forgetmenots » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:12 pm

I always have to send out my family's stuff anyway so might as well sign up as well. Though if I get boinsie again I'll laugh so hard.

Likes: Candy, Snacks, Socks, Souvenir Knickknacks, Pokemon stuff, Hair ties/clips/etc, Cups, art supplies, crystal/stones, nail stuff, Disney. H!P - Morning Musume (Satou, Nonaka, Oda)

Dislike: Any kind of jewelry. I can't think of anything else really...

Allergies: ない~! Not allergic to anything.
forgetmenots
Queen of All Banners

Favorite Idol: Maachan, Nonaka, Oda

Postby boinsie » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:05 pm

Hahaha, yeah, depending on who else signs up, I might have Kai try to arrange it in a not-so-random way, so-as to assign the least duplicates from past years as possible... ^^;;
boinsie
Guru

Postby Jessi » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:16 am

How do we sign up again? Do I just say I'm in!?

I would like to participate this year.

What do I like? Morning Musume is my all time favorite group but anything H!P I would love. I like candy and chocolate, but not chocolate with nuts or fruit or anything like that. (If your in Japan I would love you forever for anything melon soda flavored.) I also like cute things like beanie babies (or other stuffed animals). Basically anything a 7 year old girl would like. I'm a fan of stationary. Video-game characters particularly Nintendo or Final Fantasy. Astronomy and things related to Space. I have a cat who I am obsessed with. (Not sure if that inspires anything) I play neko astume.. oh and the sims. Im a walking dead fan! I also like alternative rock music, which is why BabyMetal is one of my fav groups outside H!P. I got my degree in US-Japanese history and I'm still learning Japanese so Japanese language history and culture things are cool. (Jeez its so hard for me to think of what I like) Any creative combination of this would probably work!

Dislike - Jewlery, make up, lotion, perfume ...things typically considered feminine. Please nothing that reminds me of the US election. :(
youtube.com/luciditi
Jessi

Favorite Idol: 佐藤 優樹

Postby boinsie » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:56 am

Reminder that today is the 16th! Four more days to sign up~~ :xmas:
boinsie
Guru

Postby boinsie » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:51 pm

ASSIGNMENTS WILL GO OUT TOMORROW!
(You still have a few hours to sign up, if you wwwaaanntt... :hehe: )

Has anyone's address changed since the last time you participated? ^^
boinsie
Guru

Postby forgetmenots » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:53 pm

Oh mannn the list is small this year XD
forgetmenots
Queen of All Banners

Favorite Idol: Maachan, Nonaka, Oda

Next

Return to Hello! Project