Tsugunaga Momoko has graduated from Country Girls & H!P (6/30)

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Tsugunaga Momoko has graduated from Country Girls & H!P (6/30)

Postby Amped » Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:17 pm

Announced today in an MC at Country Girls Live Tour 2016 Winter at Shinjuku ReNY, Momochi will graduate from Country Girls and H!P next year.

http://natalie.mu/music/news/208176
http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2081011/full/
Last edited by Amped on Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:42 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Amped
High Priest

Favorite Idol: 工どう由愛

Re: Tsugunaga Momoko to graduate from Country Girls and H!P on 6/30/2017

Postby Starra » Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:18 pm

You could post the official link...
http://www.helloproject.com/news/6012/

She's going to focus on becoming a kindergarten teacher.
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby Amped » Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:19 pm

official statement from Momochi and Upfront
http://www.helloproject.com/news/6012

after graduation, sounds like she wants to go into a field of teaching and getting an education license for elementary kindergarten school
Last edited by Amped on Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amped
High Priest

Postby AyuHikaru » Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:25 pm

Ah, we knew this day was coming, still - it's like the end of an era. Momochiiiiiii~
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby Amped » Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:26 pm

Concerning Momoko Tsugunaga
Thank you for your continued support towards Hello! Project and Country Girls.
On June 30th 2017, Momoko Tsugunaga, the Playing Manager of Country Girls will graduate from Hello! Project and Country Girls and she will thereafter refrain her activities in the public entertainment.
When the indefinite suspension of Berryz Kobo had been announced, there had been discussions about the career after this suspension, and Momoko wanted to continue to pursue a bit more as an idol, and she also indicated us she wanted someday a work related to the education.
Just for the formation of Country Girls (when Mai Satoda of Country Musume。 thought by her own that there was no more member to take over the activities, due to the fact she was in New York), during the selection of the members, knowing that Momoko had the motivation to continue as an idol (there was a worry about the choice of career), she had been added in the new group and sounded out about guiding the juniors (new members) during 2 or 3 years.
Momoko readily agreed. She did not become the leader but she participated as the "Playing Manager", her position in the group.
Until this point, of course, she dragged Country Girls members into the good path of Hello! Project, indicated them what is Hello! Project, what does it mean being professional, by being an example for them.
During those 2 years, the members have reliably grown especially with the lessons of Momoko (Tsugunaga lesson in Japanese).
Next time is Momoko herself's turn.
She expressed previously she aimed at studying education, and devoting particulary herself to studying early childhood education. She would like to make it her next stepping stone, and we would like to support her in this new challenge.
By taking advantage of her experience of her activities in the public entertainment she had so far, she will surely make it.
After this, concerning the full schedule and other details, it will be announced as soon as it will be determined.
Thank you for your support until now. We would like to express our gratitude to everyone who permit to raise her to this level.
We would like to ask you to continue to support Momoko Tsugunaga as well as Country Girls from now on as well.
UP-FRONT PROMOTION Representative Director Takeshi Nishiguchi

I have an announcement for everyone.
I, Momoko Tsugunaga, will graduate on the 30th June of 2017 from Country Girls as well as Hello! Project.
Since I succeeded the Hello! Project Kids Audition on the 30th June of 2002, it would make 15 years, and on this turning point, I have decided to continue further ahead on a new road.
I love idols. If I have to say it accurately, I love being an idol, I love spending everyday with all the fans, and I really enjoyed my activities until now from the bottom of my heart.
While having my idol activities, I wanted to study much more on parallel because I love children so I entered the university. In 2012, I had the experience on teaching practice and when I graduated from university, on the same time I get the teacher's license for elementary school and kindergarten.
On March 2014, Berryz Kobo stopped their activities indefinitely. Then I had been appointed as the Playing Manager of Country Girl and since the group's formation, my activities objective was "during 2~3 years to make the new members of Country Girls growing".
It was my first time having junior (kouhai) in the group and everyday was refreshing. I cherish every single day with the feeling of making them wanting to become a lovely idol. Once again when I spent my time with Country Girls members I thought "it was fun to teach something to people!".
By celebrating the 2nd anniversary of the formation, the members grew up a lot, and when I thought again at my future, it made me worrying at the end so I came to the conclusion that I always had in my mind for some time, the "education", especially the "early childhood education" path I wanted to get in.
From June 30th, I will devote myself once again in studying education for children, field for which I hope to work for.
Until the last day of my activities, there will be announcement when necessary. In order to not regret the remaining time, I would like to give my gratitude with all my strength.
Although it is quite a sudden announcement, please continue to support from now as well Country Girls.
Momoko Tsugunaga

https://www.facebook.com/notes/up-front ... 0165867565
Amped
High Priest

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:31 pm

I'll be really sad to see her go, but I'm happy she stayed for this long and there's always something nice about knowing a member has solid future goals. I'll be even more sad that she's leaving entertainment as a whole, since she has such a knack for it. I do hope she's happy as a teacher.

I'm curious to see if they'll end up adding one or two girls after she leaves. I expect they will, but maybe they'll let them run as a smaller unit for a little while. I also assume Risa will be named Leader, barring an Umeda situation.

This also means Buono! is probably officially disbanded post-June 2017.
Last edited by Nayoko-Kihara on Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Denki » Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:37 pm

Expected since she turns 25 next year (current H!P's age cap). At least she raised the members of Country Girls well enough before she retires from being an idol and start a new career she has passion about. Much respect for her.
Denki

Favorite Idol: えりぽん

Postby forgetmenots » Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:09 pm

I'll miss her, but I like graduations like this that truly feel like a "graduation" in that it's a celebration. She's had teaching on the back-burner for a while, and she wouldn't have gone to school for it if she hadn't wanted to do it in the long run.

I hope she gets hired by a good school that doesn't overwork her (like my schools do to their teachers), even though after being an idol for so long, she'd be able to handle it, I'd rather know that things are easier for her post-idoldom. Also, because I'm currently in the industry in Japan she's going into after graduation, it's a weird feeling, I want to give her so much advice even though I'm just a fan LOL and since she did her student teaching already she knows what's up, but I still want to say so many things to her about it XD
forgetmenots
Queen of All Banners

Favorite Idol: Maachan, Nonaka, Oda

Postby Menno » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:17 pm

So June 2017 will officially mean the end of the H!P Kids within Hello! Project. 15 years in H!P, that's a long run for any idol. With C-ute graduating just before her it means that she will have the longest run in H!P for all members ever until now.

I'm actually more surprised that she's retiring from show business altogether, instead of just graduating from H!P to become a "talent".

Anyway, I wish her a very grand happy graduation, and after that good luck for the future. I'm pretty sure that she won't be forgotten, she's one of those idols that will stay in our hearts and minds forever.
Menno
Minion

Favorite Idol: Ayacho

Postby aerosuffly » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:22 am

It will be a bitter sweet graduation. She has everything it will take to be a great idol and she has done it. Now she will be doing just that for her new goal. I feel gratitude for all that she has done as an idol.

There are many non-regular talents who are doctors, lawyers, chefs and so on. Momo could later establish herself as an education expert talent. That will have to come later.
aerosuffly
Minion

Next

Return to Hello! Project