Tsugunaga Momoko has graduated from Country Girls & H!P (6/30)

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: Tsugunaga Momoko to graduate from Country Girls & H!P (6/30) / Country Girls new system

Postby Zunu » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:27 am

OK this could just be a translation ambiguity but Starra's early announcement made it sound as though the three girls are going to be placed in one single group, whereas Amped quote of Momoko's comment directly above seems clear that each of the three girls will go into a different group. Particularly here: "and I want them to be the most outstanding members in each of their groups." Which kind of makes me sad. I'd prefer to seem them stick together, especially considering the chemistry of Nanami and Musubu.

My overall impression is that CG are being Buono!ized. And by that I mean, unfortunately, the Zetima-era Buono!, when their activities as "Buono!" became increasingly minimal.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Re: Tsugunaga Momoko to graduate from Country Girls & H!P (6/30) / Country Girls new system

Postby Rysaria » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:33 am

It's just gross. It reminds me of the feeling I had when Berryz/Kobushi were chosen and the "leftovers" made up C-ute/Tsubaki. It'll take months and months for my brain to integrate them properly into whatever group(s) they're "tacked onto the end of" unless they go into a new group with the debuted KSS. It's better than them disbanding but barely.

I'm not annoyed because I'll have to get used to it, I hate it because it makes them feel like extras who weren't good for a group until they had nowhere better to go.

*sigh*...... Well, my hope is on Chisaki going to MM and Musubu/Nanami staying together.
Kitagawa RioKawana RinArisawa IchikaYagi ShioriSatoyoshi UtanoSaito Madoka
Rysaria
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: KitagawaRio/YagiShiori

Postby Amped » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:15 pm

Country Girls posted their full statements and feelings on their blogs about their decisions

Funaki Musubu tries to keep positive after she chose to decide to transfer (だから私は移籍という道を選びました。). She loves Hello! Project too much. She does feel worried that it might be rude for fans of the other groups.
http://ameblo.jp/countrygirls/entry-12282422069.html

Chisaki's decision.
http://ameblo.jp/countrygirls/entry-12282423628.html

Yanagawa's decision
http://ameblo.jp/countrygirls/entry-12282422411.html

Yamaki's decision
http://ameblo.jp/countrygirls/entry-12282424636.html

Ozeki's decision
http://ameblo.jp/countrygirls/entry-12282423408.html

The system will start this Summer. They said Country Girls will not disappear. It has not been decided which group they will be transferred to yet. Yamaki and Ozeki both are determined keep up with Country Girls activities and studying.
Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:06 pm

after blogging about it yesterday, new H!P leader Wada Ayaka has blogged again and has given this Country Girls thing some more thought. She wonders what will happen to Angerme or the fans if Country Girls participated in her group. She feels more concerned about Country Girls than Angerme. She goes deep in thought about how she will inherit Momochi's kouhai.
http://ameblo.jp/angerme-ayakawada/entr ... 44275.html
Amped
High Priest

Postby aerosuffly » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:27 pm

Based on all of the member blogs, it looks like UF approaches them first with the transfer idea for their Hello! Project 20th celebration plan.

Risa has a promise with her family and herself to prioritize study. She consulted UF that she won't be able to keep up with both the increasing workload from her study and the challenges after transfer, so UF suggested the holding position idea.

Mai has been struggle with keeping up with studying ever since she has been in Country Girls. She first thought about quiting school and doing the transfer but later realized that graduating from high school is more important for her life, so she took the holding position route like Risa.

Funakki loves Hello! Project and chose to do the transfer hoping that she could contribute something to Hello! Project as a whole.

Yangawa felt similar to Funakki and chose to transfer.

Chisaki's blog is a bit vague. I read it as she accepted the proposal from management and will take the transfer as a challenge for herself and for the sake of Country Girls and Hello! Project. She will look for new goal while doing the transfer activity.

Momo was pissed when she heard the proposal from UF. But she will think about this transfer in a positive way, keep cheering on her kohai, and she is proud of her kohai.

Regardless of their decisions, all members clearly say that they love Country Girls and that being able to participate in the group is the most important, fulfilling, experience in their life. And they promise that Country Girls will not be gone and will keep regular activities and keepimproving despite the uncertain future.

----

I'm proud of the decision that each member have chosen, really. They were handed with a challenge that they do not need, put a lot of thought on to it, and chose the best possible option for themselves and the groups. Their thoughts really show that they care about the groups, the fans and Hello! Project.

P.S. UF, if you read this forum, your damn plan had better be good!
aerosuffly
Minion

Postby Starra » Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:33 pm

Zunu wrote:OK this could just be a translation ambiguity but Starra's early announcement made it sound as though the three girls are going to be placed in one single group, whereas Amped quote of Momoko's comment directly above seems clear that each of the three girls will go into a different group. Particularly here: "and I want them to be the most outstanding members in each of their groups." Which kind of makes me sad. I'd prefer to seem them stick together, especially considering the chemistry of Nanami and Musubu.

My overall impression is that CG are being Buono!ized. And by that I mean, unfortunately, the Zetima-era Buono!, when their activities as "Buono!" became increasingly minimal.

To be fair I was doing a quick translation late at night when I was tired and the original announcement didn't really clarify.

I think putting them in different groups makes the most sense, since none of the current units need 3 more members :lol:.

Anyway, this sucks, but at the same time it looks like they're changing things up for the 20th anniversary stuff and I'm pretty excited to see what other things they have in mind. I feel like we're going to get some interesting announcements at the H!P summer cons in just over a month...
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:01 pm

AyuHikaru wrote:I dunno... this seems like to me "We really wanted to disband it but we have a bunch of popular idols in it who are all still pretty young and now we're not sure what to do."
Pretty much. Country Girls is a part-time unit now. I don't think it's far fetched to think the group might disband or silently ease off on activity in the next couple of years. I can't imagine any girls will be clamoring to join the group that's only active for a few weeks each year.
---- ---- ---- ----

This largely feels like a waste. I can think of at least a few other methods that would have had essentially the same outcome for Risa and Mai but been more stable for the group as an entity, but I suppose that's also assuming a different end goal.

Long-term If this member moving thing ends up going deeper, I see myself being pushed away as a fan. In this particular instance I'll simply hope none of them end up in Morning Musume or Juice=Juice. Spare me those two groups. I'd be fine with them being in a new group with the set-to-debut Kenshuusei, but I think Chisaki is the only one that doesn't look entirely out of place/silly next to those particular Kenshuusei.

Edit: Having read Yamaki's blog post, it's unfortunate that the decision was just thrust upon them.
Last edited by Nayoko-Kihara on Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:03 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby JonCC » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:26 pm

https://twitter.com/realskoban/status/8 ... 6970316800

----------------------------------------------------

I'm all for adding them to Juice=Juice though.
JonCC
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Sayashi Riho

Postby erin » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:14 pm

Ehh, I'm really not sure how I feel about this. But, I'd rather have the girls added to a new group with the KSS that are debuting instead of current groups.
| tumblr |
erin
Acolyte

Postby RpgN » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:08 pm

Poor girls. They weren't lucky since the start with all the massive graduations. I respect that 2 of them want to focus on their studies. This is probably the best decision to take in order to keep the other girls active and relevant to H!P as a whole. Management has been on point for years. So I am guessing that they will know how to handle this once it becomes clear what will happen.

Also, I think it helps that H!P has been shown often together through shows on YouTube, performing in concert, or stage plays. I think it has become clear that the girls do have a bond being part of H!P. They are more worried how fans will take it than how the girls will integrate in a different group.
RpgN
Acolyte

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project