[2/22] Tsubaki Factory 1st Major Single "Hatsukoi Sunrise / Just Try! / Uruwashi no Camellia"

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: [2/22] Tsubaki Factory 1st Major Single "Hatsukoi Sunrise / Just Try! / Uruwashi no Camellia"

Postby forgetmenots » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:04 pm

I know I'm in the minority here, but I frickin' LOVE Just Try! It's been my jam since I first heard the rip of it (it was my brain theme song for a month).

I also really love it because it feels like Tsunku wrote it FOR Tsubaki in the way he used to write for H!P groups from time to time. The song seems directed towards the group itself.

Taking the videos into account I think my ranking is

Just Try!
Uruwashi no Camellia
Hatsukoi Sunrise

Videos switched the bottom two, Camellia's video is my favourite out of all of them for sure and seeing the lyrics written out also brought it more to my attention.
forgetmenots
Queen of All Banners

Favorite Idol: Maachan, Nonaka, Oda

Re: [2/22] Tsubaki Factory 1st Major Single "Hatsukoi Sunrise / Just Try! / Uruwashi no Camellia"

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:14 pm

I dont' like the beginning part of Just Try, but the second half of the verses before the chorus through the end of the chorus is really really good!
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Postby jeiwa42 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:15 am

Just Try is definitely one of those "try and put parts of songs together and see how it works" kind of Tsunku song haha
The intro sounds really cool, and has a dance-able beat to it.
Going into the verse, it starts off with slow chanting, then suddenly steps it up into some sort of Cute's The Power-esque melody.
It dials it down a bit into the pre-chorus, which is another chant but not as slow, has more suspense, and sounds like Berryz' Ai wa Itsumo xD
Then it goes into the chorus which is not too high and not too low in terms of hype/energy (if that makes any sense hehe) and, in my opinion, falls a tiny bit short.

My theory is that the verse was essentially the verse and pre-chorus of one song, and then the pre-chorus was the pre-chorus, or maybe the bridge, of another song, and the chorus might be from the same song as one of those two or maybe just a completely different song, with a decent chance that the intro/outro and the chorus being from the same song xD

Overall, the song is such a rollercoaster to listen to lol I'm not exactly sure if I like it or not, but I definitely don't dislike it. I'll see when the PV comes out.
KAE-DID IT!!! I am proud to have kept her KSS photo as my avatar since Feb 2, 2014, three years ago!!!
jeiwa42
Minion

Favorite Idol: MuroMinaTaguKisoORisaKaedi

Postby AyuHikaru » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:41 am

That's the most Berryz Kobo song I've heard since Berryz Kobo left.

I like it
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby Zunu » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:59 pm

CaptainBerryzGiraffe wrote:Image
????????

From googling, I'd say it's a retro thing, in keeping with the old-fashioned style in that portion of the PV.

Ari Flynn wrote:Supposedly, modern Japanese spelling -- kanji aside -- was dragged back in line with modern Japanese pronunciation in about 1900, and then beaten completely into submission after WWII. To be fair, it's a lot better than it used to be. There were a lot of cases like verb endings that were spelled ーませう -maseu and pronounced ーましょう -mashou.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Shoujo Q » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:05 pm

The outfits they are wearing are roughly from the early 1900's. This is why I kept getting the Sakura Wars vibe from the song, and it carried over into the outfits and theme of the PV. (And now the lyrics) If anyone has ever watched the anime, played the games or seen a musical, you'd totally get the same feeling I've been getting. The series was set in the same time period.
Shoujo Q
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Suu-san

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:31 pm

Zunu wrote:
CaptainBerryzGiraffe wrote:Image
????????

From googling, I'd say it's a retro thing, in keeping with the old-fashioned style in that portion of the PV.

Ari Flynn wrote:Supposedly, modern Japanese spelling -- kanji aside -- was dragged back in line with modern Japanese pronunciation in about 1900, and then beaten completely into submission after WWII. To be fair, it's a lot better than it used to be. There were a lot of cases like verb endings that were spelled ーませう -maseu and pronounced ーましょう -mashou.

this would also definitely explain the use of ゐ which appears in there, too!
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Postby Amped » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:41 am

from Upcoming #54

Tsubaki Factory "Uruwashi no Camellia" MV behind the scenes
https://youtu.be/7V-XvieSorc?t=4m6s

Tsubaki Factory "Just Try!" (vocal recordings : Ono Mizuho, Yamagishi Riko, Niinuma Kisora)
https://youtu.be/7V-XvieSorc?t=32m31s
Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:04 am

Amped wrote:Promotion

official site for Tsubaki Factory's Major debut single is now open
http://r.helloproject.com/tsubakifactory/debut/
http://www.helloproject.com/news/6383/

Tsubaki Factory interview
http://r.helloproject.com/tsubakifactor ... rview.html

Tsubaki Factory's official site for the new single started a countdown for how many days till their major debut

12 days

11 Days
Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:25 pm

Promotion

Tsubaki Factory getting promotion work started in Hiroshima

https://twitter.com/TOWER_Hiroshima/sta ... 0830544897
Amped
High Priest

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project