[2/22] Tsubaki Factory 1st Major Single "Hatsukoi Sunrise / Just Try! / Uruwashi no Camellia"

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: [2/22] Tsubaki Factory 1st Major Single "Hatsukoi Sunrise / Just Try! / Uruwashi no Camellia"

Postby Amped » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:51 pm

Promotion

display poster
Amped
High Priest

Re: [2/22] Tsubaki Factory 1st Major Single "Hatsukoi Sunrise / Just Try! / Uruwashi no Camellia"

Postby forgetmenots » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:31 pm

Riko's been more on it this single then I've seen her before. I'd always thought of her as just "coasting" but visually she's really bringing it in the music videos.

Also, Uruwashi no Camellia is not a song I"m into really at all, but I kind of adore the video concept.
forgetmenots
Queen of All Banners

Favorite Idol: Maachan, Nonaka, Oda

Postby Celedam » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:11 am

Amped wrote:Tsubaki Factory - Uruwashi no Camellia MV (Hello! Station Edit)
https://youtu.be/rkJXf6E7uso?t=42s

From their official channel…

Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Jessi » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:17 pm

I don't know how you guys feel but.

Uruwashi no Camellia is perfection. The PV is one of the best I've seen in H!P. It's everything I want from Tsubaki, as a first single and as a future direction for the group. The girls were adorable. I've never since they were formed felt as interested in them as I did as I was watching that PV.

Now I know that H!P has been going the more Hatsukoi Sunrise/Just Try direction with this group. And those songs are good. I like them. I'm not saying they are bad. But they just feel mismatched with the girls. And although the three new girls have really brought energy into their performance, the two singles just come across as boring because they aren't very different from what we've seen with other groups.

But Uruwashi really shows off the inviduality of this group and as a song it's very refreshing. I feel like it suits them better musically. Please please please Upfront more of this for Tsubaki.
youtube.com/luciditi
Jessi

Favorite Idol: 佐藤 優樹

Postby jeiwa42 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:48 pm

^ I agree that the song that has "Camellia" in its title is the most fitting style for the group xD The song is very cute and catchy, and even lyrically the song fits the girls really well. They're all trying to bloom into this magnificent Camellia, initially aiming to be exactly like this one perfect kind that everyone viewed in awe, fails at it, but then realize that blooming their own way and in their own time will result in something unique and special that even surpasses the perfect Camellia they previously envied. Oh hey, that kinda sounds like them with their other two A sides and finally getting around to this last A side haha

I'm happy that this single is coming out so much better than I initially thought when I just heard previews.
KAE-DID IT!!! I am proud to have kept her KSS photo as my avatar since Feb 2, 2014, three years ago!!!
jeiwa42
Minion

Favorite Idol: MuroMinaTaguKisoORisaKaedi

Postby Amped » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:57 pm

Denki wrote:"Hatsukoi Sunrise" will be the opening theme for the TV Asahi show Music-ru TV for February.
http://www.helloproject.com/news/6327/

TV promotion

Music-ru TV 2-7-17 - Tsubaki Factory comment and MV

Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:35 am

Tsubaki Factory will perform on Full Chorus, 2/21
http://natalie.mu/music/news/219890
Amped
High Priest

Postby koregaboku » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:42 am

Haven't formed an opinion about Tsubaki yet (mostly because my interest in H!P in general has kind of waned, I still check JPLOP and I'm up to date just not... actively?) but here's something that hasn't been pointed out yet...

Uruwashi no Camellia's English subs are using the way the words are being sung to be translated however the written Japanese is using a lot of uncommon words/kanji with uncommon pronunciations. There's likely quite a bit missing in the translation with regards to nuances and metaphors that non-Japanese fans won't catch.

Re: the songs-
Just Try!- It's interesting that Tsunku wrote and composed it because it seems the most forced
Hatsukoi Sunrise- Out of the three sounds most similar to what I associate with the past few years of H!P meaning that sexy/cool "we're idols who can perform" angle
Uruwashi no Camellia- Not really knowing anything about Tsubaki this does indeed to seem the most natural. It might be the PV but it also doesn't seem to actively cannibalize musical style from other H!P groups; its not bubblegummy Country Girls-pop, it's not polished Juice=Juice pop, it's not EDM/formation dance MM17 pop (although they've been seeming distancing themselves even from this), it's not super mature C-ute-pop.
koregaboku
Psychic

Favorite Idol: Airiiiiii <3

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:07 pm

????????
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Postby Amped » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:35 pm

Tsubaki Factory - Just Try! MV (Hello! Station Edit)
https://youtu.be/TiURorQYT3M?t=42s
Amped
High Priest

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project