[11/23] Morning Musume. ‘16 62nd single - Sexy Cat no Enzetsu / Mukidashi de Mukiatte / Sou ja nai

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: [11/23] MORNING MUSUME. ‘16 62nd single - Sexy Cat no Enzetsu / Mukidashi de Mukiatte / Sou ja nai

Postby resop2 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:34 am

I wonder if there is a clinical name for the malady of not being able to tell apart Haga Akane and Nonaka Miki?
resop2
Skeptic

Re: [11/23] MORNING MUSUME. ‘16 62nd single - Sexy Cat no Enzetsu / Mukidashi de Mukiatte / Sou ja nai

Postby AyuHikaru » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:12 am

Miki is such a good singer, a few years and she'll be rivaling Sakura.

Akane's tone and resonance really sounds like she's got this great voice dying to come out. Good thing she's so young, because once she gets older she's probably going to have a really nice lower voice for the group. I am honestly a little surprised how much potential as a singer she has. She really reminds me of early Zukki. I'm starting to believe Akane is the dark horse of 12th gen. She'll be the last to bloom, but she's gonna bloom hard.

Masaki is perfect as always. Her vibrato is something else now. I still see her as the rowdy 12 year old man, I keep forgetting she's this professional, somewhat rowdy 17 year old now.

Ogata... well, she gave it a good try.
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby Denki » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:34 am

The singing style they were making Miki sing reminds me so much of Riho. Except that Riho has a bit more control with it. :geek:
Denki

Favorite Idol: えりぽん

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:56 am

They probably just changed the pitch on the voices sliiightly.
Whatever they did, hell, it worked. So i dont' really care. LOL
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Postby resop2 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:16 am

^
While a lot of people make fun of using Autotune for its using in making robo-voices, it can also be used to micro-correct pitches for singers who don't have perfect pitch. And, since most singers do not have perfect pitch, Autotune is pretty universally used by producers, so it would not surprise me if some post-production tweaking was done.
resop2
Skeptic

Postby Amped » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:36 am

TV Promotion

Buzz Rhythm 11/18/16 - Sexy Cat no Enzetsu performance
Amped
High Priest

Favorite Idol: 工どう由愛

Postby Rysaria » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:58 am

Probably the only person that prefers Akane's tone over Miki's, can't wait for her to work that husk. Masaki is Masaki, no surprise. Ogata soooo struggles to hit high notes and her tone is so meh, but it ain't nothing compared to Eripon's Maji Desu Ka (and look where she is now) so I'm not worried about her sucking forever.
Kitagawa RioKawana RinArisawa IchikaYagi ShioriSatoyoshi UtanoSaito Madoka
Rysaria
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: KitagawaRio/YagiShiori

Postby Moh » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:56 am

Honestly, the pitch of the song in that recording session sounds different (to my untrained ears) than the final product. :lol:
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

Postby forgetmenots » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:26 am

I kind of love the fact that from the recording it seems very obvious that Akane got the line because they liked her delivery best and that makes me happy that it wasn't just given to her because they wanted to push 12th Gen in some way. I wouldn't mind her becoming the go-to for that.

The Sexy Cat live performances makes me smile if only because I remember the initial reaction that the only ones with solo lines were the cats, but it seems that it's just that the vocal backing chorus track is just very loud during the verses XD Live sounds so different because of it. It's pretty cool that Harunan and Eripon now pretty consistently a solo line in the singles.

EDIT: Also rewatching the MV again, I don't think they changed the pitch of the singing? I think the version that Maachan recorded and probably one other of the girls (Mizuki perhaps?) was layered over it, toning the sharpness of that upswing in the muki part down, making it just sound interesting instead of painful.
Last edited by forgetmenots on Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
forgetmenots
Queen of All Banners

Favorite Idol: Maachan, Nonaka, Oda

Postby Sohee » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:20 pm

Rysaria wrote:Probably the only person that prefers Akane's tone over Miki's, can't wait for her to work that husk.

Me too. Nonaka's good and all, we know that, but so horribly boring. Akane's got some interesting stuff going on in her voice <3

Also proud over Ogata for having gotten so far. She's not good in any way but man, she's gotten so much better. Especially with volume, girl used to basically whisper after all lol.
Sohee
Hierophant

Favorite Idol: Kamei Eri

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project