[11/23] Morning Musume. ‘16 62nd single - Sexy Cat no Enzetsu / Mukidashi de Mukiatte / Sou ja nai

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: [11/23] Morning Musume. '16 62nd single "Sexy Cat no Enzetsu / Mukidashi de Mukiatte / Sou ja nai"

Postby Jessi » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:51 pm

I've decided that Sou ja nai sounds like a perfect.... B-side...

Since its currently third on the list of the three A-Sides, I'm hoping the other two songs are much more impressive.

Sexy Cat no Enzetsu is such an interesting name, I'm hoping its a really good song.
youtube.com/luciditi
Jessi

Favorite Idol: 佐藤 優樹

Re: [11/23] Morning Musume. '16 62nd single "Sexy Cat no Enzetsu / Mukidashi de Mukiatte / Sou ja nai"

Postby Amped » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:28 am

Today, Morning Musume. '16 taped performances of the 3 new songs on The Girls Live renewed show
http://ameblo.jp/morningmusume-9ki/entr ... 93732.html
http://ameblo.jp/morningmusume-10ki/ent ... 72582.html
Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:07 am

Tsunku's comments on writing Sexy Cat no Enzetsu and Sou ja nai

Tsunku the song has a musical touch and he used saxophone instrumentals. He says he has an image of Mizuki, Kudo, and Oda transforming into a sexy cat. Mizuki does a whisper voice during the interlude.

for Sou Ja nai, Upfront asked Tsunku to make a song for Makino Maria. Maria, Mizuki, Ayumi, Masaki and Oda all have solo parts.
http://ameblo.jp/tsunku-blog/entry-12209642559.html
Amped
High Priest

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:04 pm

Musical touch? I'm down. Seeing Ayaka and 2nd gen ANGERME perform "Smile Fantasy" for Meimi's graduation concert was one of the most memorable moments for me, and since it's unusual for numbers from musicals to show up in concerts I'd love to have more songs in the mix with that sort of feel to them - even if it's just slight.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Jessi » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:29 pm

So I'm guessing Upfront has been the ones who have been pushing Maria.

I wonder how small Tsunku's role is in Morning Musume now ... Or even hello project...
youtube.com/luciditi
Jessi

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:50 pm

It feels like it makes sense for Maria be the one to get a "song" out of the 12th gen girls. It very well could just be the way my mind has compiled events, but I remember things kicking up around her a little when they performed "Happy Summer Wedding" on that special this past summer. I know she was getting more of a push than the rest of her generation even before that, but ever since then I feel like something has changed and people pay more attention to her now.

Though she isn't my favorite from 12th gen, I'm glad one of them is finally getting a slightly larger push in a release. It's about time, hopefully it will help the generation as a whole.
Last edited by Nayoko-Kihara on Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby otaku_blue » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:10 pm

Jessi wrote:So I'm guessing Upfront has been the ones who have been pushing Maria.

I wonder how small Tsunku's role is in Morning Musume now ... Or even hello project...

this is a fun conspiracy and all but Tsunku once said "that if she joins Morning Musume, she could be at the front in no time" (from Kenshuusei evaluations) so I totally think this is why UFP added her.

Tsunku's always had a varied role in HP. An example of him having complete influence over something is his TNX stuff like Nice Girl Project.
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby Amped » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:09 am

Promotion event

Here is something new

Morning Musume. '16 is having an event to exclusively premiere their new single's music videos and members get to talk about it for the first time.

10/20
62nd single music video premiere event & talk @ Ginza Yamano Music Head Office 7F event space JamSpot. Pre-order the single at Yamano, get an invitation ticket.
1st event 5pm: Eripon, Harunan, Ayumi, Oda, Nonaka, Ogata
2nd event 7pm : Mizuki, Masaki, Kudo, Makino, Akane
http://www.helloproject.com/event/detai ... b3255a1a8a
Amped
High Priest

Postby Jessi » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:00 am

otaku_blue wrote:
Jessi wrote:So I'm guessing Upfront has been the ones who have been pushing Maria.

this is a fun conspiracy and all but Tsunku once said "that if she joins Morning Musume, she could be at the front in no time" (from Kenshuusei evaluations) so I totally think this is why UFP added her.

Tsunku's always had a varied role in HP. An example of him having complete influence over something is his TNX stuff like Nice Girl Project.

Its less a conspiracy and more an observation. I am aware that Upfront makes a lot of decisions independent of Tsunku and was merely surprised that it was Upfront who made the decision to push Maria rather than Tsunku.

I was also wondering if perhaps moving to Hawaii with him family meant that he relinquished some of his control over his other projects. Sure he didn't have 100%, but he had alot more creative control back before his health declined. I thought that in addition to writing the songs for all of the H!P groups, that he had some control over the image of the groups as well... at least Morning Musume. I could be wrong, but I had figured he also had some say in who would be added to the group and who would be pushed.
youtube.com/luciditi
Jessi

Postby boinsie » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:15 am

He absolutely used to have massive control over them, but as of two years ago he resigned as producer. At this point he's mostly a lyricist that composes sometimes. Obviously they're going to value and sometimes ask for his opinions on things, but he has far less default power and responsibility regarding their releases these days.
boinsie
Guru

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project