C-ute final concert at Saitama Super Arena, 6/12

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: C-ute to dissolve in June 2017 at SSA

Postby erilaz » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:55 am

Shoujo Q wrote:I wish I was in a better financial position to be able to prepare for this. I hope they at least venture out of the country and have a few concerts overseas before leaving. I feel like I'll regret it if I don't do that.

Part of the reason why I went to see them in Mexico City was that I felt it would probably be my last opportunity. I'd love to go to Japan for the finale next June, but the way things stand at present, I don't see that happening.
"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Re: C-ute to call it quits on June of 2017 at SSA

Postby otaku_blue » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:07 pm

one of the wrestlers changed their profile photo on twitter to a picture of her carrying Airi.
https://twitter.com/sao_sao53
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby forgetmenots » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:43 pm

C-ute leaving feels like girls graduating from their childhood/college. Maybe because Maimai especially was so young... H!P was their childhood, their schooling pretty much, and now they're going off to go do their own things as adults.

Because Berryz there were obviously girls who weren't ready and girls that were more than ready it felt really messy, but for C-ute, it just feels like they're taking the next step in their lives.
forgetmenots
Queen of All Banners

Favorite Idol: Maachan, Nonaka, Oda

Postby AyuHikaru » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:16 pm

I found out about this on Takahashi's instagram and ran over here. Like, I keep tearing up. I'm really upset about this.

I watched C-ute train, watched them do their indie singles, watched them debut, watched them struggle, then watched them become the 2nd highest selling H!P group. I've spent so long watching over them, buying their goods, supporting them, that watching them disband will be extremely hard.

I'm glad we still have so much time with them, but when June 2017 comes, I'm probably going to be a wreck.

CUUTTEE NOOOO
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby Starra » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:21 pm

So I was talking to my mum about this (since she knows that I like Maimai, she doesn't really care about idols though) and she asked me if I wanted to go to their last concert...

I've been wanting to go to Japan for like, 10 years at this point and my mum is pretty keen on going too. We've just never had the money. But we just sold the house we've been living in for ages and are moving in about a month. House prices in NZ are ridiculous and stupid so once my mum gets the money we'll have more than enough left over to travel after we find a new place (we've decided on the city and everything, we just need the house itself).

We were talking about going to Japan after moving anyway, so this seems like a good excuse. I'm not sure if I'll be able to cope with a concert, though, given the noise and the amount of people (SSA is smaller than I expected, though). But... seeing my oshi off would be the best thing possible.

I have no idea if June's a good time to visit Japan nor do I have any idea what the fuck to do about purchasing tickets. But it's a possibility rather than simply a dream at this point and it still hasn't sunk in yet, really.
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby bisuketto » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:57 pm

I guess we all saw it coming though. What upsets me is that I finally got into their music and started liking some of the members and then they're just disbanding :(
bisuketto
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Chinami,KanaTomo,Koha,Duu

Postby Shoujo Q » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:13 pm

^
June weather isn't bad if it's early June. Late June it starts to get hot. So it shouldn't be bad weather at all.
Shoujo Q
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Suu-san

Postby Starra » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:30 pm

So long as I'm not there in 35℃+...

I'm probably gonna sweat buckets no matter what the weather, though :lol:.
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby Shoujo Q » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:39 pm

Oh, I also forgot it's also Rainy season. First time I went to Japan was late June/July and It was the end of rainy season. Then it got muggy and gross. So an umbrella (preferably a strong one or one you don't care about and can leave there) is necessary. Which in the long run ,may be a good thing because it's not a very good time to visit the country so plane tickets may be cheaper. :D
Shoujo Q
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Suu-san

Postby Zunu » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:46 pm

Starra, that's great news! :yahoo: :yahoo:

Amped, about that "calling it quits" thread title...coincidence or private joke? XD http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/20/world ... eakup.html
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project