C-ute final concert at Saitama Super Arena, 6/12

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: C-ute to dissolve in June 2017 at SSA

Postby Amped » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:30 am

Shimizu Saki reacts to the news on her blog
http://ameblo.jp/shimizu--saki/entry-12191926783.html
Amped
High Priest

Favorite Idol: 工どう由愛

Postby Celedam » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:43 am

otaku_blue wrote:C-ute have been trending on twitter for a while now this morning under "ute解散". Currently trending at 1st place with 31.6k tweets.

It's actually kinda sad to read. Most of those tweets are from casual fans who aren't as tuned in as we are and didn't see this coming, so there is lots of SHOCK!
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby otaku_blue » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:22 am

I know. Its pretty disappointing. But like I was telling my friend, C-ute announcing their disbanding is probably the momentum/impact they need to actually have a concert at Saitama Super Arena. Hopefully, all those casual fans will come and fill up some more seats.

I'm still pretty upset about this, but I'm really proud of the group and how far they've come. I'm glad they're deciding to end things nicely like this.
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby BerryzCelebration » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:00 pm

Man.... No wonder Buono! just came back.

But I'm confused. C-ute said they have three options, and the second one was "suspension of activities"? I don't get it. Isn't it essentially the same as disbandment, except being under management's decision instead of the girls?
BerryzCelebration

Favorite Idol: Mikitty/Chinami

Postby Denki » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:04 pm

The second option is like Berryz Kobo, where they suspended activities and went on an indefinite hiatus. Berryz Kobo never really graduated from H!P, even though the members did.
Denki

Favorite Idol: えりぽん

Postby Chibs » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:13 pm

Maachan is definitely devastated!
ImageImage
Chibs

Favorite Idol: Eri Kamei

Postby Rysaria » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:40 pm

I'm happy for them, and also very thankful that they're being 100% honest about their reasons why. Shows their respect for the fans... or perhaps UF realized that all hell won't break loose if an older group ends, so it's alright to say 'disband' instead of 'indefinite hiatus'.

Now I have to deal with another 'Love Together' type song and cry while they cry, don't I? :unsure:
Kitagawa RioKawana RinArisawa IchikaYagi ShioriSatoyoshi UtanoSaito Madoka
Rysaria
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: KitagawaRio/YagiShiori

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:02 pm

I probably feel just as bad as I did when I got online and saw Kanon's graduation announcement. Though the amount of time they've been around does help in comparison to something like an individual Musume graduation.

This is still a bummer though, and it's unfortunate that it had to top off an already crappy day for me. More disappointing than the disbandment is that none of them want to continue on doing music in some way. I wonder how long it'll take to find another H!P voice I enjoy as much as I do Chisato.

Edit: Feeling a lot of this too.
aerosuffly wrote:But their desire to leave C-ute legacy in Hello! Project because C-ute starts in Hello! Project, I give them all my respect for that.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Starra » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:16 pm

Meh. I'm okay with this and not really sad at all. They've been idols for so long so I don't blame them.

I've been kind of expecting it for a while. While it sucks that I'll be losing Maimai, I'm surprised she's stuck around this long. Come June 2017 I'll finally have a new H!P oshi after 8 years (and if things continue the way they are, that's Ogata).

I'm ready for them to move on, I think. Not that I want them to disband, don't get me wrong, but they feel out of place amongst H!P's current lineup in that they're just that much older than most of the other members.

I thought I'd be sadder since, y'know, I've been a huge fan of Maimai since 2006 but I suppose it's time. They've had a good run as a group and watching them grow from their debut until their disbandment has been fun, even if I'm not a big fan of them (apart from Maimai).
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby forgetmenots » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:30 pm

I think a lot of shock might come from the thought that many talked about even here, that they would graduate, but continue activities. And to be honest, it almost sounds like that's what management had expected to happen as well. The idea of them completely breaking up and moving on is sounding like something they came up with on their own. I have to really respect C-ute. They've always done things cleanly. They are continuing activities as a group until they reach their ultimate goal and have pretty much created the perfect ending for an idol group, one that feels satisfying, and then they are breaking off cleanly. There will be no "oh they might come back" or "they're going to disappear but they might return" but a clear: we're not beating around the bush, C-ute is finished, we will forever remember them as a group but the members are going on to follow their own dreams that they've never had a chance to fulfill because of their childhood careers.

And the most interesting thing about this is that with C-ute graduating, Momoko will be the only active piece of H!P's past.
forgetmenots
Queen of All Banners

Favorite Idol: Maachan, Nonaka, Oda

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project