C-ute final concert at Saitama Super Arena, 6/12

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: C-ute to dissolve in June 2017 at SSA

Postby Amped » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:06 pm

Today in the first MC of the H!P Summer concert Sunshine Carnival at Nakano Sun Plaza, C-ute have officially announced to everyone they will dissolve next year in June. Nakky started crying and she hiccuped (shakkuri). Everyone laughed .

The discussion now is who is going to be the next Hello! Project leader next year, depending on who is still around.
Last edited by Amped on Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amped
High Priest

Postby Starra » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:34 pm

@forgetmenots: I'm not saying people shouldn't be surprised etc, just that I personally am not, given that they've been around for so long. At this point I'm surprised when idols last longer than 5-ish years, lol.

I much prefer groups actually breaking up and going "yeah we're done bye" than the wishy-washy "we're just going on hiatus we swear!!!!!". On one hand, I can understand it, since they probably care a lot about their group and want to "protect" it for lack of a better word. And I'm sure, at least in the case of some groups (solo artists/individual idols are different imo) that go on indefinite hiatus, not all of them want that outcome (this seems to be the case with Berryz, given how many of them have stuck around). But at the same time, part of me feels like it takes a lot of maturity to properly disband and move on. It, to me, says the members (or at least most of them) have accepted the decision.

If ℃-ute had continued on despite graduating from H!P or had gone on indefinite hiatus I wouldn't have been disappointed, don't get me wrong. I also don't think Berryz did the "wrong" thing by doing what they did. But I dunno, ℃-ute breaking up isn't surprising to me. I never really expected them to keep going if they ever left H!P for some reason. Of course this is just all in hindsight so it means nothing, lol.
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby Miekie » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:01 pm

I cried! ;( And I cried like a baby.
I knew this news would be coming one day, but it has hit me harder than I thought. I expected C-ute to disband in 2017, so this came as a real shock to me.

I feel proud for having been their fan for over 8 years and I will keep supporting them. They have brought me so much joy and comfort in times when I needed, I will be there for them untill the end.
Miekie
Senior Initiate

Postby Amped » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:22 am

Amped
High Priest

Postby 321BreakinOut » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:46 am

Those pictures...at work crying again :( ima stay off this thread for a while
321BreakinOut
Devotee

Postby BerryzCelebration » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:24 am

I'm not the biggest fan of her but Airi broke me :(.
BerryzCelebration

Favorite Idol: Mikitty/Chinami

Postby Amped » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:44 am

UFL was there to cover ℃-ute’s comments during one of the MC of today's Hello! Project performance at Nakano Sun Plaza after the announcement of their breakup.

Maimi Yajima: Today we, ℃-ute, have an announcement for everyone. Next year in June, a performance at Saitama Super Arena, for which we always dreamed of, has been decided. And after this performance we dreamed at, ℃-ute will break up. This year on February, when we all were at least 20 years old, we had talked a lot many times and we came to this conclusion. With such an sudden announcement which surprises everyone, we would like to apologize.

Chisato Okai: This year on September 10th, it will be the last ℃-ute no Hi ("℃-ute's day"). We wanted to say it to everyone so with this timing we made this announcement now.

Airi Suzuki: Since ℃-ute's formation in 2005, we received a lot of supports from many people so we would like to thank you from the bottom of our heart. Thank you so much.

Saki Nakajima: During a limited time, as much as possible, we, members, as ℃-ute, will participate together at our activities. In order to send all our gratitude to all the fans nationwide, ℃-ute will not take part of the Hello! Project Winter tour which will debut on January next year. This current Hello! Project tour is the final one we participate in. The performance at Hiroshima will be the last one.

Mai Hagiwara: They are currently many promising kouhai (“juniors”) in Hello! Project. We will follow for sure Hello! Project and we are convinced it will lead.

Maimi Yajima: Until June of next year, we will do our activities for ℃-ute with all our power, so please follow us until the end. We would like you to continue to support Hello! Project in ℃-ute in the future.

All the members bowed to the public. Each member tried to keep as much as possible the tears from their eyes. The public was silent during the speech of each member then, the fans acclaimed them at the end.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/up-front ... 5509182698
Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:56 am

Maa-chan's reaction to the news : It hasn't fully sunk in for her. She doesn't know what to say about it yet. Maa-chan hasn't blogged for almost an entire month.
http://ameblo.jp/morningmusume-10ki/ent ... 20901.html

Wada Ayaka's reaction : a very deep blog entry about C-ute and her love for Hello! Project
http://ameblo.jp/angerme-ayakawada/entr ... 01229.html
Amped
High Priest

Postby Chibs » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:13 am

Jacob translated a bunch of reactions to Cute disbanding, here are Maachan, Wada and Captain
http://blog-project.net/sato-masaki/250348
http://blog-project.net/wada-ayaka/250345
http://blog-project.net/shimizu-saki/250301
ImageImage
Chibs

Favorite Idol: Eri Kamei

Postby Starra » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:14 am

So... If one counts their H!P Kids days, ℃-ute will have been idols for 15 years. There are several H!P members who haven't even been alive for that long.

Kasahara Momona, Akiyama Mao, Ono Kotomi, Kodama Sakiko, Yonemura Kirara, Kiyono Momohime and all of the Hokkaido KSS (and Okamoto Honoka) were all born after ℃-ute joined H!P. Just to put that in perspective of how fucking long they've been around.
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project