[8/6] Tsubaki Factory 3rd DVD single : Hitorijime / Watashi ga Obasan ni natte mo .

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: [8/6] Tsubaki Factory indies 3rd DVD single : Hitorijime/Watashi ga Obaasan ni Natte mo.

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:04 pm

I don't know why you'd think Saki had that much power. We know she assisted in picking members, but that's all that was ever said as far as I remember. I have a hard time thinking she was given total freedom to lead the pack on creation of two brand new groups for the company and definitely don't think she was doing it all on her own.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Re: [8/6] Tsubaki Factory indies 3rd DVD single : Hitorijime/Watashi ga Obaasan ni Natte mo.

Postby Sohee » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:09 pm

otaku_blue wrote:it really just made me think that these girls are fine as an idol group from another company, but they aren't really up to our standards for HP idols.

Exactly. I don't care how "unfair" it might be, but they're in H!P and I expect a certain standard from group in H!P and they're not living up to it. Even if not comparing them to Kobushi who definitely came on very strong and polished, comparing them to early Country Girls still shows how lame and passive they are and it's not interesting. If they were a group from *46/48 this is exactly what I would expect, they have a tendency to look lifeless and bored on stage too, but I expect way more from H!P.
Sohee
Hierophant

Favorite Idol: Kamei Eri

Postby otaku_blue » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:17 pm

@Nayok
While that may be true, at the same time I doubt Murota Mizuki would've debuted if not for Angerme having some involvement in the choice. Captain has been given some role within UFP and from my impression she was involved in their selection and concept. She's obviously not doing it alone, but the ideas do seem to be her own given the responsibility and passion she's shown over the groups. Plus, everything has been so rushed and messy with their management it looks like an amateur's managing them. Everything with this group has been very uncharacteristic of past HP groups.
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby Starra » Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:56 pm

My problem with Tsubaki is that they don't feel like a group. They've definitely gotten better, sure, but I think they were debuted too early. I think another problem was putting experienced/talented girls with newbies like Risamaru and Ami (I like them both, though). Yumeno and Kiki are both good, Riko can be good depending on the song and Kisora is so quiet and shy but I assume she'll get better.

Another problem is that the music doesn't really suit them, save for Hitorijime which is a fantastic song. They should be covering old H!P songs and not old idol songs (at least not for singles, for something like their mini-album it's fine) because Watashi ga Obasan ni Natte mo and 17sai aren't exactly challenging. That said, I absolutely loved their cover of Cabbage Hakusho and thought the performance at Hina Fes (or whichever one they showed on H!S) was wonderful.

I know they can be good. I know they have the potential to do well. But they're not being handled correctly nor given the right opportunities to showcase themselves as an actual unit. If they had better management and better music maybe they'd've improved even more.

I dunno. I want to like them. But as it is, I just cannot care. I don't like Kobushi much either, but at least their music suits them and they feel like a proper unit.
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby Solarblade » Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:11 pm

I would actually say Kiki is more of a newbie than Risamaru, but that's just going by Risa's NGP history
Solarblade
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Aarii/Zukki

Postby Starra » Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:39 pm

I meant in terms of talent, really, I suppose. Kiki has less experience, sure, but she has a lot more charisma than Risamaru and is a pretty good performer for someone so new.
Starra
Prophet

Postby Starra » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:31 pm

Starra
Prophet

Postby Jessi » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:44 pm

Starra wrote:I meant in terms of talent, really, I suppose. Kiki has less experience, sure, but she has a lot more charisma than Risamaru and is a pretty good performer for someone so new.

I agree. Kiki and Yumeno have the most stage prescence and charisma. I've been surprised because Yumeno really shined during her time as KSS and I know she has a lot of potential, but the group really holds her back. Kiki has been really strong despite her being less experienced and had she been put in a different group I wonder if she would be a bit stronger of a performer.

And I can see how the music, despite being good music, maybe isn't working for them. I am not sure what the alternative would be though. What music would work for them??? Koboshi and CG seem more centered as a group because they really have found their niche.
youtube.com/luciditi
Jessi

Favorite Idol: 佐藤 優樹

Postby Starra » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:43 pm

I'm honestly not quite sure. Hitorijime is a step in the right direction though, I'd be okay if they stuck with this sound.

Not that Seishum Manmannaka! and Kedakaku Sakihokore! were bad songs, as such, but they were kind of messy. Of course, all groups do change sounds over time and it's still the indies period so it's not a big deal...

Maybe it's the association of the new song's name, but I'd be okay seeing them with songs similar to v-u-den's earlier stuff, such as Kurenai no Kisetsu or Koi no Nukegara. Minus v-u-den's sexy elements obviously, lol.

I dunno, I can see them doing more mature songs and even ballads somehow. That could just be me, though.
Starra
Prophet

Postby Amped » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:43 am

Hitorijime MV now up on Tsubaki Factory's new youtube channel

http://www.helloproject.com/news/5507/
ttps://www.youtube.com/c/tsubakifactory/
Amped
High Priest

Favorite Idol: 工どう由愛

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project