Morning Musume. '17 13th Generation : Kaga Kaede & Yokoyama Reina

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: Morning Musume. '16 13th Generation Auditions Restart : 13th gen chosen from H!P Kenshuusei

Postby AyuHikaru » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:17 am

Jessi wrote:Yeah I think we basically have two different arguments and are talking past each other:

1) that people personally feel Momohime is too physically young

2) that UFA and H!P wouldn't care how young Momohime looks

I think Zunu hit it on the head. It's a huge cultural difference between the West and Japan.

Neither side is wrong here.

Yup.

I'm not really the biggest Momohime fan honestly, I mostly want her in because her name is Princess Peach.
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Re: Morning Musume. '16 13th Generation Auditions Restart : 13th gen chosen from H!P Kenshuusei

Postby Amped » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:00 am

Momohime would fit Sayumi's pink (Peach) image color

Kokoro fits red :heart:

Yokoyama Reina fits white

Takase Kurumi fits light blue
Amped
High Priest

Postby Celedam » Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:09 am

Zunu wrote:I think that the notion of what's "age appropriate" and "way too young" doesn't map identically across cultures. My impression is that in Japan, the idea of a young girl being play-flirtatious is less controversial than in say, the USA. I may have mentioned this before but several years back I went to see a Japanese play that was being shown in the US with cue card subtitles. One of the characters was young girl (played by an actual young girl maybe around 8 years old) who kept telling her old-man neighbor that they should be married, and he called her his "little girlfriend" or something similar. IN JAPANESE. There was nothing actually inappropriate going on, they were just innocently using terms of endearment and nothing else. But, meanwhile the English cue card subtitles were saying something entirely different, like e.g. "little sister" in place of "girlfriend." After the show the person I was with confirmed that I did not misunderstand, that the translation deliberately obscured the innuendo from the true dialog, which was entirely uncontroversial to her as a Japanese person. I even think the literal word-for-word translation would've been more misleading by making American audiences assume there was a pedo undertone, and the "wrong" translation was in fact more accurate in capturing the tone of the scene.

I get your point, but I don't think that's a comparable situation. You're describing a precocious child innocently playing with a friendly older neighbor. Neither of them are serious about it, and the audience knows it. In contrast, an idol in a fairly mature group like MM is expected to go much further, and many their fans' interest isn't so innocent.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Sohee » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:12 am

Please just make it one or two girls, UF. Not more. .__.
Kaga for red and some wildcard for green. 8D
Sohee
Hierophant

Favorite Idol: Kamei Eri

Postby sada* » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:44 am

I want all the kenshuusei. They are all adorable and deserve happiness.
sada*
Acolyte

Postby Chibs » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:11 pm

im betting it's going to be one or four. Most likely one.
ImageImage
Chibs

Favorite Idol: Eri Kamei

Postby Amped » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:59 pm

They at least 2 so they can fill in the gaps of the formation dances.
Amped
High Priest

Postby forgetmenots » Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:19 pm

sada* wrote:I want all the kenshuusei. They are all adorable and deserve happiness.

I feel this XD

On the Momohime debate, maybe I've been living here among kids her age too long, but Momohime looks her age MORE than Kudou did to me *shrugs*. She's "doll-like" in her cuteness, but that's about all my brain sees as being "different".
forgetmenots
Queen of All Banners

Favorite Idol: Maachan, Nonaka, Oda

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:43 pm

Assuming what I read was correct this audition overlapped with a couple of 48/45-family auditions. I'm not implying anything negative but I am really curious to know if people with more knowledge think the overlap would have had a signifigant impact on turnout for Musume? Or are the few stories I've heard of girls putting applications in all over the place generally true? :lol:
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby 321BreakinOut » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:15 am

I think it would have been cool to have the fans input like put a poll on the UF* site and vote for the kenshuusei they want in the group. Maybe add that girl with the highest votes along with the girl/girls management chose like a wild csrd
321BreakinOut
Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project