Morning Musume. '17 13th Generation : Kaga Kaede & Yokoyama Reina

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: Morning Musume. '16 13th generation audition! - Result : No winners. Plans to restart same auditions soon

Postby teth » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:16 am

I just wish that Tsunku was still involved in the process

Correct me if I'm wrong but it just seems like he wasn't a part of 12th gen's
And look where that got us...
teth
Acolyte

Re: Morning Musume. '16 13th generation audition! - Result : No winners. Plans to restart same auditions soon

Postby Moh » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:54 am

Some of y'all are being so dramatic about this. :lol:
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

Postby boinsie » Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:26 am

I'm glad we don't have any new members being added just yet--11 is more than enough for me. But all these failed auditions aren't outwardly satisfying for anyone involved.
boinsie
Guru

Postby sukibeam » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:41 am

I can't help wondering if they didn't chose anyone because of a sudden change in musical style coming up. They may have started with looking for a "cool" image ace-type to go with what we've had the last couple years (a literal Riho replacement) but, with how well Utakata was received, thought they would need more bubbly energetic girls to gear toward a more genki MoMusu.

Thoughts?
sukibeam
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Dambara Ruru

Postby Zunu » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:37 am

I for one am glad they're not choosing substandard members just for the sake of picking someone. Ideally they want to have at least three or four girls who are definitely good enough to join, so that they would feel comfortable picking any of them, even if they only wind up picking one. If they can't even find one girl definitely good enough then I disagree they should just "take a chance." There are costs to hiring people. If she can't sing or dance, she'll just be a drain on resources. If she's not cute, she'll draw away fans. If she has a bad attitude, she'll cause division in the ranks. If she's too (???) she'll have scandals, she'll have meddling parents, she'll be quick to jump ship, etc., and so on. Hire any ol body and hope for the best doesn't tend to work well even of the job is for an office assistant, much less an insta-celeb who will take millions of yen just to train.

(Not ignoring your comment, sukibeam, I just don't have a good response.)
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Denki » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:03 am

Yeah... All I wanted from this audition was an ace. They already have all the other roles filled and are already quite big in size. I rather them take their time to find their star(s), since the other girls are doing just fine for now. I personally don't mind if they add a filler member if they do add an ace as will, but yet again, it's depressing seeing all the negativity towards Akanechin, who probably won't shine until a couple of more seniors graduate. :(

For now, I'm not pissed about no winner. I would have been pissed if they announced it during Zukki's graduation. XD

@Sukibeam: After I saw that the first A-side changed to Utakata Saturday Night!, my initial thought was that "they must want to change their musical style if they're using a song not witten by Tsunku." And seeing how well received the song turned out to be, I can totally see that they might want their new ace to fit a more cheerful concept.
Denki

Favorite Idol: えりぽん

Postby Obsidian » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:30 pm

sukibeam wrote:I can't help wondering if they didn't chose anyone because of a sudden change in musical style coming up. They may have started with looking for a "cool" image ace-type to go with what we've had the last couple years (a literal Riho replacement) but, with how well Utakata was received, thought they would need more bubbly energetic girls to gear toward a more genki MoMusu.

Thoughts?

They're definitely in one of those transitional phases. Whether Utakata is completely the direction they go in though, who knows? It certainly does make sense because of its reception. Back in January though they would've still had questions about whether Oda and Masaki etc. could cover the loss of Sayashi, so they anticipated the possibility of needing back up. But I think they've proven themselves capable enough along with the other main vocals, so maybe the entire emphasis has changed from replacing vocals to personality/media.

But I think a lot of the opinion about this is completely led by two factors. What your opinion is of the 12ki and what you want MM is to be. Personally I think there's still enough potential in all areas to believe 12ki will be a successful generation. Also I'm not someone who needs MM to be full of top vocals (it often seems a waste) so I don't think they need a pro-level vocalist right now or will die (is this really a major priority for most Wota either?). So I'm fine with them staying a group that has people with potential grow into, rather than a PE-style top skills from everyone group.

But even if you do think the 12ki is a dead loss, is throwing more random numbers going solve anything? and if they didn't find an amazing generation of Matsuda Seikos hiding out there this time around then people should really welcome they'll wait until a new miracle girl actually turns up.

tl:dr You could be right :lol:
Obsidian
Acolyte

Postby Shoujo Q » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:06 pm

They use to say 5th gen was a useless generation. Coming after the great 4th gen it's hard to not be overshadowed. But, despite the fact it took YEARS to see it, Takasahi and Niigaki proved their worth.

I hope the same can be said of the 12th gen. 9th and 10th and the vocal powerhouse of Sakura 11, those are big shoes to fill and be relevant.
Shoujo Q
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Suu-san

Postby AyuHikaru » Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:39 pm

12th Gen is just in the same position 5th/6th Gen was back in the day (save for Miki and a little Reina... though she stopped being super relevant after Shabondama), there's so many popular, well rounded members that came before them and are still in the group it's really hard for them to actually stand out. Eventually, once more of 9th and 10th gen graduate, they'll be skilled enough to fill the holes they leave.
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby Starra » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:01 pm

Aaaand here we go...
http://www.helloproject.com/news/5244/

Auditions close 8/7.
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project