Morning Musume. '17 13th Generation : Kaga Kaede & Yokoyama Reina

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: Morning Musume. '16 13th generation new member audition!

Postby Zunu » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:38 am

Personally I'd prefer 0 or 1 member. I feel like 12 gen are still finding their places and other than Miki, don't have well-established public personas so that they can be immediately identified as characters like "the dance-y one" or "the one who eats anything" or stuff like that. I'm sure a bit of that is me not paying close attention to them but the thing is if their personalities can only be differentiated by paying close attention then that's a fail. If some new girl comes in and she's super-charismatic that might be good for the overall short-term popularity of the group, so yay, but it will be bad for the girls who will get sidelined.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Denki » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:49 am

^^^ I still find it funny how the majority of her competition was weak in vocals.

Anyways, if this is a 1-member generation and they're mainly looking for an ace, I honestly don't see anyone from Kenshuusei. Even though we have girls that are potential main dancers and songstresses, none of them have the it-girl quality Riho had.
Denki

Favorite Idol: えりぽん

Postby BerryzCelebration » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:57 am

Chibs wrote:^Ogata is doing better than Miki, minus singing ability

Imo Ogata only exceeds Miki in looks/presence, and I think both are pretty cute. Miki's the better dancer and singer, but she needs to grow a lot more.
BerryzCelebration

Favorite Idol: Mikitty/Chinami

Postby Jessi » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:00 am

I feel this is another Koha situation. They are looking for an ace to fill Sayashi's void.

I also agree with everyone that the group is too big as is, which is why I can't imagine them adding another 4 person generation. It has to be one or two max.

Remember when everyone felt that the 11gen audition was just an excuse to add Sakura legitimately and that she had already been chosen long before the audition? I am kind of hoping this is the same situation just with Ruru lol

One KSS and One girl off the street could work too.
youtube.com/luciditi
Jessi

Favorite Idol: 佐藤 優樹

Postby 321BreakinOut » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:00 am

Yes Please add Ruru! Her and Riho are basically the same person :'(
321BreakinOut
Devotee

Postby Sohee » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:41 am

BerryzCelebration wrote:

Imo Ogata only exceeds Miki in looks/presence, and I think both are pretty cute. Miki's the better dancer and singer, but she needs to grow a lot more.

Ogata has way more personality, though. Miki speaks English... and that's it. Personality-wise I don't feel like I know her at all, meanwhile Ogata has been coming on strong since the beginning. Haga and Maria are even more bland, though.

For those saying it's too soon; the announcement of the auditions were yesterday. But take into account the time for 1st round, 2nd round, 3rd round etc? We'll probably not see the girls until maybe summer, but more likely fall.
Sohee
Hierophant

Favorite Idol: Kamei Eri

Postby TotallyUncool » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:44 am

Speaking of the Unlucky Seven, since this new gen will be the wicked, wicked 13th, I think they should go all-out metal and add 666 new girls. XD
And yes, that is the most intelligent thing I have to say on the subject. Sexcpt that I think that 4 new girls would be OK.
If madness made us strong, we would all be invincible.
TotallyUncool
#Member

Location: Gaslighting myself, but then again, I would do that, wouldn't I?
Favorite Idol: Siao Fongfong '66

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:12 pm

Zunu wrote:I'm sure a bit of that is me not paying close attention to them . . . .
Unfortunately I don't think you'd find too much even if you were paying closer attention.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Chibs » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:22 pm

when the 9th gen came out, they focused on them with ustreams, then 10th gen and they did stuff on hpt and had guest Maachan. Then Oda, who I don't think had much of anything done but that she came as a front singer. 12ki came and they put them on Music+ instead of Hello Station. I think Upfront has been getting lazy with building up new members.
ImageImage
Chibs

Favorite Idol: Eri Kamei

Postby Jessi » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:34 pm

Sohee wrote:
BerryzCelebration wrote:

Ogata has way more personality, though. Miki speaks English... and that's it. Personality-wise I don't feel like I know her at all, meanwhile Ogata has been coming on strong since the beginning. Haga and Maria are even more bland, though.

I really don't think you can say Ogata is doing better than Miki right now. English may be Miki's thing, but she has gotten a lot of attention because of it (she even hosted J-melo) and on top of that has been featured in the singles over the other girls in her gen. I mean she co-led an A-side with Maachan... None of the other girls have gotten that much attention.

What I will say though is hands down Ogata is #2. She was my least favorite of the 12th gen, but I find myself paying more attention to her because she has a lot of personality and isn't afraid to show it. (Reminds me of maachan a bit lol)

I honestly forget Maria and Akane are in the group most days. ...Even off the top of my head I can't remember any time recently when either of them stood out...
youtube.com/luciditi
Jessi

Favorite Idol: 佐藤 優樹

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project