[2/17] Kobushi Factory 2nd single [Sakura Night Fever/Chotto Guchoku ni! Chototsu Moushin/Osu! Kobushi Tamashii]

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: [2/17] Kobushi Factory 2nd single [Sakura Night Fever/Chotto Guchoku ni! Chototsu Moushin/Osu! Kobushi Tamashii]

Postby fwapacha » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:42 am

in addition to records, cassettes are making a "comeback." they provide lesser known artists with an inexpensive way to get their music out. tapes are cheap to produce and easy to diy. walkmen aren't at the same level of accessibility as record players at the moment, but download codes are simple to generate and include. bands are able to get a physical product/ art out into the world. bring on an angerme cassingle! haha

record stores also host a lot of shows for touring bands that aren't quite big enough to book larger venues. one of my local record stores has all-ages, donation-only shows 3 - 6 times a week, and it's been amazing for the music community.

i personally love that hello!project is starting to release vinyl, because a lot of the other collectible items associated with idol acts don't resonate with me.
fwapacha
Initiate

Re: [2/17] Kobushi Factory 2nd single [Sakura Night Fever/Chotto Guchoku ni! Chototsu Moushin/Osu! Kobushi Tamashii]

Postby Zunu » Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:22 pm

Cassettes, please no. They are a horrible technology. Maybe player piano rolls while we're at it. I feel that artists would be 100x better of with a cheapo USB stick and some standardized enclosure size that could fit artwork. At least there's a good chance that a person under 25 will be able to play it.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Denki » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:06 pm

Avex was trying to do that with Music Cards (except download code instead of usb), although they were pretty much useless for people outside Japan.
Last edited by Denki on Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Denki

Favorite Idol: えりぽん

Postby fwapacha » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:25 pm

musicians are aware of the accessibility of the formats they release. that's why, 99.9% of the time, free download codes are included. there isn't a total disillusion that someone is going to dig through thrift store stock of obsolete technology just to play their cassette.

i've seen usb options, and other formats as well. i think people would be surprised at the way that diy bands release their music today.

this isn't really relevant to a large jpop production company, but it is really nice for them to expand their offering of collectibles.

also, the cassingle mention was totes a joke. though, i'd prob buy it, tbh.
fwapacha
Initiate

Postby Amped » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:00 pm

Kobushi Factory - Chotto Guchoku ni! Chototsu Moushin MV

That was so much fun! It gets me pumped! :muscle:
Last edited by Amped on Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amped
High Priest

Postby AyuHikaru » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:27 pm

Dem some vocal fireworks in that song. UF is really banking on the fact Kobushi Factory has a lot of strong vocalists.
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby forgetmenots » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:30 pm

I'm personally quite fond of this video as well. And this song... it's like, it would be a Berryz song, but Kobushi does it so much better than Berryz would. The amount of talent and charisma in KFactory is overwhelming at times @_@ I feel like there are two-three aces in the group (Rei, Minami and Ayaka) while some other H!P group don't have anyone with that ace charisma at all. Than KFactory have amazing faces that can also sing (Hamachan especially) than there's Sakurako who's demure face hides the beast of a singer she can be. Then there are no truly weak/"root for" members at all, as the girls that are "back girls" wouldn't have been back girls if they had been any other groups. It almost derails the point of an H!P group, except they all have that uniqueness to them, Rei, Ayaka and even Rena somewhat not so much, but the rest are girls that feel very H!P to me.
forgetmenots
Queen of All Banners

Favorite Idol: Maachan, Nonaka, Oda

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:45 pm

Rei is just a freaking beast, she can belt out those lines like it's nothing and I love that, it's so wonderful!!!
KF rockin' out again! this is one of those songs you can put on while driving and totally rock out while other drivers think you're nuts at that red light...
Surprisingly enjoyable video, too!
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Postby Amped » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:03 am

radio promotion

Sakura Night Fever has selected as Date FM's (Sendai radio) "Mega Play" for February, it will play a lot on the station for 1 month.
http://www.helloproject.com/news/4271/

Also with FM Iwate, Sakura Night Fever is selected as the station's "Reputation Cut's" for February. Plays all month.
http://www.helloproject.com/news/4272/
Amped
High Priest

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project