JPlop's 2015 Secret Santa (Assignments sent 11/17, happy shopping!)

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

JPlop's 2015 Secret Santa (Assignments sent 11/17, happy shopping!)

Postby boinsie » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:57 pm

It's finally time to start our fifth annual Secret Santa!

"What's Secret Santa?"

A Secret Santa gift exchange works like this: Everyone that wants to participate is randomly assigned another person from the group to get a gift for. A cost ceiling is generally put in place (let's say $20). The identity of the person giving the gift is kept secret at least until the gift is given, though sometimes the sender never reveals him/herself.
In this case we will be mailing gifts, so do keep that in mind when shopping (perishables, fragile things, etc).

"How Do I Participate?"

1. Post in this thread with your likes/dislikes/allergies. This list should ideally include things outside of the H!P world because, let's face it, idol stuff is for the most part prohibitively expensive. ^^;
2. Send me a PM with your mailing address. Also let me know if you're willing to ship outside of your country. Foreign shipping costs can be expensive and I'll let you know if you can be accommodated.

The deadline to sign up is Nov. 15th. (a little over 2 weeks from now!) The morning of Nov 16th I'll have my husband match everyone's names up randomly with one another and he will PM everyone their Secret Santa's info. Please refer to this thread for their likes/dislikes!
Keep shipping time in mind. All packages should probably be mailed out no later than mid-December. :thumbs-up:

LET'S KEEP THIS FUN FOR EVERYBODY!
Please only sign up if you're able to participate! :xmas:

~Commited Participants~
boinsie
TotallyUncool
+Kyu
CaptainBerryz3705
forgetmenots
Sohee
erilaz
koregaboku
boinsie
Guru

Re: JPlop's 2015 Secret Santa (Sign-Up by Nov. 15th!)

Postby boinsie » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:59 pm

How could I possibly not participate??

Likes: Candy, snacks. The colors green, brown, white. Nature related-things, both plants and animals. Dinosaurs. Stuff about where you're from (especially if it's a different country... note, I collect foreign coins). Earrings (stainless steel). Needlessly cute things. Creepy & weird stuff. My favorite H!P girls are Airi (Erika), Yurina, Zukki/Haruka/Masaki (Tsuji/Kago), Dawa/Meimi/Murotan, Karin. Also Kikkawa Yuu, YuiKaori, StylipS. I'm a HUGE Tsunku/Sharan Q fan.

Dislikes: Sports, spicy foods. Disney. Coffee. Top 40 music. I don't really wear much jewelry... though, again, cute things are cute.

Allergies: I'm a vegetarian, so no meat or meat products. This includes obvious ingredients like meat, fish, or beef tallow/lard, but also other things you might otherwise think innocuous, such as gelatin, carmine, fish oil, etc. But milk/eggs/honey are fine. And I'm technically allergy-free. Bring on the peanuts! :hehe:
boinsie
Guru

Postby TotallyUncool » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:10 pm

OK -- I'm in!

Likes: Anything quirky, unusual, unique, or off-beat. Take a chance on something, and I'll probably like it.

Dislikes: Lime Jello with cottage cheese in it.

Allergies: I don't feel all that good if I eat chicken, so a truckload of KFC probably wouldn't be a good idea.
If madness made us strong, we would all be invincible.
TotallyUncool
#Member

Location: Gaslighting myself, but then again, I would do that, wouldn't I?
Favorite Idol: Siao Fongfong '66

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:20 pm

Gee, I gotta think about whether I can afford to participate this year or not. :/ I hope I'll be able to, so I'll have to check.
(If anyone knows the cheapest form of shipping, please tell me so I can look into it and see if I can participate or not)
Last edited by CaptainBerryzGiraffe on Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Postby Moh » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:28 pm

I always feel like my "can't afford it" excuse gets flimsy year after year. :fear:

But I hope everyone participating has fun! :lol:
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

Postby Shoujo Q » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:01 am

I'll be joining in!!!

I like : Plaid (I love pretty colored plaids!), monochrome, rainbows, red, pink, purple.
Sailor Saturn/Hotaru. (Sailor Saturn is my most favorite character in the history of the WORLD!!!!)
I also adore Chibimoon/Chibiusa.

Hello!Project - Oda Sakura, Zukki, Meimi are my top three favorites. Followed by Airi. Airi's Suusan is my favorite thing too. I follow all the groups except Tsubaki Factory. Meh.
The costume keychains are my newest obsession, but I'm only actively collecting my favorite members and unfortunately need to ignore the others because I'm not made of money. T_T

I like Alphonse Mucha and anything that has to do with art nouveau.

Cute and fluffy things make me the happiest. Arpakasso Alpaca would be a great example of this.

I like Disney. Pixar being a current favorite. Anything cute really. Doug the Dog from UP is my favorite.

Markers are my thing, I love markers especially Japanese Markers and pens.

I like Star Wars (Darth Vader!), Star Trek (TNG and Spock!), Doctor Who and Harry Potter (Hermione, Snape and Harry being favorites.)

I have a horrible bad sweet tooth. And I love trying new things from around the world when it comes to sweets. Japanese candy DIY kits are an obsession of mine.
Choco/Peanut Butter, Cinnamon, Coffee, marzipan (any almond flavored!) and black licorice (NOT salty) are my favorite things.

I like tea and coffee. Anything I don't have to put a lot of milk, or no milk at all. I don't like fruity teas, I prefer chai and spiced teas. Coffee, I try to drink black, so dark roasts are best roasts. I usually put cinnamon in my coffee as a flavoring. (Fun useless fact.)

Food Allergies : Raw tree nuts bother me. Though if they are roasted they are fine in small quantities. Nothing chewier or hard please. I also have a small dairy allergy that I'm actively trying to ignore.
Shoujo Q
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Suu-san

Postby boinsie » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:23 am

CaptainBerryz3705 wrote:Gee, I gotta think about whether I can afford to participate this year or not. :/ I hope I'll be able to, so I'll have to check.
(If anyone knows the cheapest form of shipping, please tell me so I can look into it and see if I can participate or not)

It depends on the end weight of your package, but USPS 1st Class Mail is relatively cheap.
boinsie
Guru

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:52 am

boinsie wrote:
CaptainBerryz3705 wrote:Gee, I gotta think about whether I can afford to participate this year or not. :/ I hope I'll be able to, so I'll have to check.

It depends on the end weight of your package, but USPS 1st Class Mail is relatively cheap.

*looks at prices* *looks at wallet* *throws up*
I'll get back to this by the 15th. ;-;
No Berryz, No Life.
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Postby Shoujo Q » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:03 am

Here is the 2015 Holiday Schedule for the USPS to give you a better idea of when you should be sending out your packages.
Shoujo Q
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Suu-san

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:26 am

Screw it, I might as well do it.
I'll update with my stuff later!
-edited-
Goods: H!P stuff, of course, preferably Berryz or KF or MM or ANG. I like anything that is really weirdly random and something that is useful, stuff that are insightful (like good thinky books or cool apparatuses). I like Manga, though I haven't read many at all. I like drawing. I love Nintendo, specifically Zelda and Mario. I like Phoenix Wright. Video games are great, in general. I like the colors yellow and orange. Really really, no matter what I receive, it'll be great. So don't go too in depth trying to figure out what to send. xD Languages, btw, are awesome if they're out-of-the-ordinary languages. Something different and cool.
Srsly though, send whatever you want, I'll like it. xD

Bads:Food. Please refrain from sending food!! I have dietary restrictions and won't be able to eat it, it'll just be a waste and'll probably go to one of my friends that CAN eat it. (so that way it won't go to waste, but won't go to me, either.)

Favorite H!P girls:
Captain Shimizu Saki, Aikawa Maho, Kananana, Daaishi, Duu, Uemura Akari, Maachan, Captain Shimizu Saki, Berryz, Shimizu Saki, and Maho. And maybe Sakurako or Meimi.
No Berryz, No Life.
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Next

Return to Hello! Project