Lets Subtitle Hello! Project

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Lets Subtitle Hello! Project

Postby ashley5 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:56 am

Intro
Hi guys. I wanted to let you guys know of a subtitling platform that'll allow you to translate official youtube clips of japanese idol groups without having to re-upload them to a separate channel. For people who are familiar with subtitling lingo, it's basically a softsub focused platform as opposed to hardsubs. There are already a few translators who are subtitling idol content (i.e morning musume, akb48, momoiro clover z) in the site so I thought I'd reach out to other people here in this forum since they might also find the website useful.

Link
http://www.yasub.com

Features
  • Translation Channel where you can track viewership/comments/shares
  • No need to download, re-encode, and re-upload.
  • Ability to correct other People's Translations
  • All the traffic that goes to your subtitles also goes to the original youtube video - thus supporting the original video owner
  • Groups - collaborate with other subbers
  • Video owners can add back subtitles to the original youtube video
  • Online Subtitle Editor

Side Notes
One thing I've added recently to the site is the ability to suggest changes/fixes to a single line of translation. It's a good way to contribute without having to subtitle a whole video. Also, since translators are not perfect and mistakes happen, suggesting improvements can help them become a better translator and feel more appreciated :)

Conclusion
Leave some comments and let me know what you guys think!
ashley5
Initiate

Re: Lets Subtitle Hello! Project

Postby sukibeam » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:21 am

Sounds great for technology-impaired people like me who would like to sub but suck at the whole encoding process. I'll have to take a look at it when I get home :) thanks for sharing.
sukibeam
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Dambara Ruru

Postby AyuHikaru » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:41 am

This is super cool O.O It could really change the way subtitles are done since it takes away all the harder stuff and makes it easier to do (Except the translating of course). Like... now someone could translate something and ANYONE could input that onto a video, eliminating the need to find dedicated hard subbers and editors AND making it so translators can just focus on translating! This is such a good idea. If people were willing to translate, I'd be willing to input all the words and stuff. Or even run around editing grammatical mistakes or something.

Too cool

I hope someone does the rest of the series of the Mizuki video :3
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:20 am

......Hello stations, anyone? :D
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Postby otaku_blue » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:05 pm

^

someone is already subbing them. but even then I don't watch them because the conversations are quite simple and uninteresting.

I'm surprised there's actually a lot of Hello Project on there. I knew skoban was doing translations but not full episodes of Hello Station wow.
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby ashley5 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:25 am

Hi guys, thanks for the comments. Definitely encouraging to hear that you guys think its useful.

I've also created a topic specifically for Hello Project which you can see here (https://www.yasub.com/topics/helloproject). Basically, it will host all of H!P related subs and anyone can contribute or subscribe to it (if they want to get notified of new releases).
ashley5
Initiate

Postby JonCC » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:03 am

For those who lost track of the Viki initiative UF launched a while ago.
A full episode each of Music+ & H!S are now up with subtitles.

http://www.viki.com/videos/1080611v-hel ... pisode-135
http://www.viki.com/videos/1080794v-music-episode-71

If you can make it through the large amount of incredibly intrusive ads and inferior (to Youtube) video quality it may be worth checking out.
I had to disable Ghostery to even get the videos to start playing. Adblock+ seems to work fine though.

Can't speak to the quality of the subtitles, I'll leave that to those who are fluent in Japanese.
I'm assuming they're based off of the captions also provided on Youtube.
When it comes to the English itself though, there are a few errors here and there.
JonCC
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Sayashi Riho

Return to Hello! Project