[10/28] ℃-ute : Arigatou ~Mugen no Yell~ / Arashi wo Okosunda Exciting Fight! (28th single)

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: [10/28] ℃-ute 28th single : Arigatou ~Mugen no Yell~ / Arashi wo Okosunda Exciting Fight!

Postby Zunu » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:01 pm

Hmm, so far I like Arashi wo Okosunda over Arigatou, but that could easily change if Arashi's production is exceptionally beautiful or Arigatou's is too cacophonous.

Meanwhile, I really never noticed before how in Ookina Ai de Motenashite the crowd sings "Nakky" when Nakky sings "naki-sou yo" :facepalm:
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Re: [10/28] ℃-ute 28th single : Arigatou ~Mugen no Yell~ / Arashi wo Okosunda Exciting Fight!

Postby Sohee » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:39 pm

^Really? They've done it for yeeears... xD
Sohee
Hierophant

Favorite Idol: Kamei Eri

Postby Zunu » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:46 pm

Hence the :facepalm: . I mean just from this clip the way the whole audience burst out in unison makes it obvious it's a long-standing tradition.
I'm unobservant, not stupid!! XD
Zunu
Pantaloon

Postby otaku_blue » Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:29 am

The white outfits keep reminding me of the Possible's recent single.

Arigatou ~ Mugen no Yell~ (Radio Rip)

https://soundcloud.com/okai-oshi/arigatou-mugen-no-yell

the ending is so nice~
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby Zunu » Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:59 am

Okay, having heard the whole thing, I feel both better and slightly worse about it. Better, because it's a well-done ballad, easy on the ears, easy to remember, the girls sound great, the production is fairly epic, etc.. etc. Buu~~~~utt. It's one of the most conventional-sounding songs H!P has ever put out. It could've easily been released by any female Jpop group. Whether you love H!P (as most of us here do, I hope) or hate 'em, one thing they've never been accused of in the past is of sounding generic, EVEN WHEN COVERING OTHER ARTISTS' SONGS. So, this has me a little bit concerned.

To end this on a positive note, it's definitely still on my must-buy list.
Zunu
Pantaloon

Postby otaku_blue » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:40 am

^
I posted that before but edited it out. Like honestly if you compare the quirky chic vibe they had in 2012 to now, it'd be hard to differentiate them from The Possible. I mean I enjoy the change of pace and the songs. But its a bit underwhelming from what had been to me a long wait in between their two singles, and probably the only two for the whole year and is lacking that little "extra" thats characteristic of usual HP releases.

I'm guessing Arashi wo Oksunda will probably balance out the single with a soft ballad/strong rock song.
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:06 am

Yeah, that's something I've felt from C-ute since around Kokoro no Sakebi... They sound much more generic...
I hope the other song sounds better in recording...
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Postby Moh » Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:14 am

It sounds nice. I like it.
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

Postby Shoujo Q » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:50 am

Arigatou ~Mugen no Yell~ better have one of those pretty scenic outdoor music videos with MAYBE a train ride. I like train rides. Watch them put like, 10 year worth of clips in it too like they did with Berryz and make you weep or something. It feels like THAT type of song.

I always liked C-ute slow songs because the weaker singers can handle them better so it sounds good overall. Not feeling Arashi (lol) wo Okosunda Exciting Fight yet though. I was expecting a bit more punch in it.
Shoujo Q
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Suu-san

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:00 pm

Zunu wrote:. . . it's a well-done ballad . . . . Buu~~~~utt. It's one of the most conventional-sounding songs H!P has ever put out. . . . this has me a little bit concerned.
Pretty much. Though I recognize that my feelings are being skewed slightly more toward disappointed because of allowing my own expectations/excitement to get too high, coupled with what felt like an unusually long wait for new material (even if it actually wasn't). How I feel about the song(s) might change once this fades away.

It won't top my lists right now, but it's fine. I think I like the general sound of the other more, so I have hopes for that one. I also hope °C-ute isn't singled out for these types of songs from here on out. As nice as they are, I'd like more variety instead of a "Kanashiki Heaven" / "Tsugi no Kado..." -esque song on every single. (It's bad enough that the last Country Girls and ANGERME singles both had songs (and dance elements) in a similar vein to the singles directly before them. I don't want that level of predictability.)
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project