[11/11] ANGERME - Desugita kui wa utarenai / Dondengaeshi / Watashi (3rd (20th) Single)

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: [11/11] ANGERME - Desugita kui wa utarenai / Dondengaeshi / Watashi (3rd (20th) Single)

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:21 pm

This is gonna be the first single in YEARS to not pass 30k first week, at this rate. ;-;
(kinda sad this is Kanon's last single... what a way to go out o.o)
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

My apologies to those who are pedantic about music genres, I generalize genres a lot in this post

Postby Daisuki Daiiyo » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:02 am

I'm not terribly surprised by how this is doing? I think, since they've mainly been performing Desugita on shows so far (as far as I know anyway, I've only seen the one tv performance), that the general public is only perceiving this single as being 'metal'. And for the casual Angerme fan, metal/hard rock is probably a bit much for them-- especially after how fun and funky Gashin and Taiki were. So they feel a bit alienated by this release.

Then, the people who Desugita might have appealed to (such as fans of Babymetal and/or metalheads) probably view this as an insincere foray into the genre and not "real" metal, so they won't buy it either. I mean, even Babymetal had to work for some years doing non-stop metal songs to build enough street cred before they were able to be commercially successful lol. Since this is just a one off thing for Angerme (I hope anyway), those potential fans won't be enticed to purchase.

I normally enjoy most things metal too, but Desugita is just... not good lol. Top it off with weak performances, then it's just not good all around. Maybe if Desugita was the b-side, and they pushed hard with Dondengaeshi, it might be better. But even that song is just so so.

We're only two days in though, so it could make a huge leap later on in the week, who knows. As others have mentioned previously too, people are probably saving up for the album. This single isn't on it though, so idk. All that's left is to wait and see, really.
Daisuki Daiiyo
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Goto Maki

Re: [11/11] ANGERME - Desugita kui wa utarenai / Dondengaeshi / Watashi (3rd (20th) Single)

Postby Amped » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:31 pm

third day, down to #13 on Oricon.

#3 sold 1,843.

promotion

members solo signed posters at the Angerme concert tour in Saitama, 11/14
http://www.helloproject.com/news/3810/

Angerme handshake and autographed message card giveaway events at Tower Records Shinjuku, 11/15
http://www.helloproject.com/event/detai ... 372328f54e
Last edited by Amped on Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amped
High Priest

Postby otaku_blue » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:34 pm

i was going to wait till the end of the week but really 13? what the helll
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby Shoujo Q » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:35 pm

I am so upset this is bombing so bad. The album BETTER get a good first day sale to make up for this mess.
Shoujo Q
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Suu-san

Postby Menno » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:02 pm

I have a feeling that for whatever reason all the event sales of this single are not counted in the daily charts so far.

Either we'll see a super daily chart result this weekend with a #1 and unusual high daily sales. Or we get an Uchouten LOVE, have much higher weekly sales then what we could have expected from the daily numbers. The last option is that it does indeed bomb, but I will only believe that when I see the weekly numbers.

In the end of the day it doesn't matter what kind of songs they release, the major part of the sales are wota sales, mainly generated by events. These wota won't stop being fan if their group if they don't like the music from 1 single. Those handshakes are much more important and they have plenty of events for this single.
Menno
Minion

Favorite Idol: Ayacho

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:39 pm

Menno wrote:I have a feeling that for whatever reason all the event sales of this single are not counted in the daily charts so far.

Now why would that happen?
No Berryz, No Life.
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Postby AyuHikaru » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:24 pm

I actually have a feeling that's whats going on too, it really looks like the event numbers (and box set numbers) aren't being counted right now. It could be because UF hasn't turned them in yet.
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby BerryzCelebration » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:25 pm

I'm not surprised this bombed. Yeah I feel bad for Kanon, but the results are not surprising. Her final single, a new album, and her final concert all in one month. Not everyone can afford all three, especially since ANGERME has gathered a good amount of younger fans now, and most people are just waiting it out for the Budokan. I wouldn't be surprised if the new album flopped too.

I hope this single ends with atleast 27k-30k for the week and manages to chart longer so they can hit at least 40k. I hope Kanon and the others aren't to hard on themselves about this turnout.
BerryzCelebration

Favorite Idol: Mikitty/Chinami

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:41 pm

AyuHikaru wrote: It could be because UF hasn't turned them in yet.

What a marketing move, if that's what they're doing.
That would mean a huuuuge final day or mid-week sale date and that would look super awesome for them.
(let's hope it's true ;-;)
No Berryz, No Life.
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project