[9/2] Kobushi Factory - Dosukoi! Kenkyo ni Daitan/Ramen Daisuki Koizumi-san no Uta/Nen ni wa nen : Weekly #3

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: [9/2] Kobushi Factory Major Debut : Dosukoi! Kenkyo ni Daitan/Ramen Daisuki Koizumi-san no Uta/Nen ni wa nen

Postby Jessi » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:36 am

Im really excited for this. I am glad Nen ni wa nen is included in the single. Its an amazing song and now it will get a proper PV! I'm really crossing my fingers that we don't end up losing a member before or after debut. I just lost Uta and I can't imagine finding out that Hamachan is leaving the group D:
youtube.com/luciditi
Jessi

Favorite Idol: 佐藤 優樹

Re: [9/2] Kobushi Factory Major Debut : Dosukoi! Kenkyo ni Daitan/Ramen Daisuki Koizumi-san no Uta/Nen ni wa nen

Postby 321BreakinOut » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:08 am

Zetima !!! The better label ! Lol
321BreakinOut
Devotee

Postby Amped » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:05 am

on the official site for the drama "Ramen Daisuki Koizumi-san", there is short video teaser. You can hear a little bit of Kobushi Factory's theme song playing in the background.
http://www.fujitv.co.jp/ramen_koizumi/index.html
Amped
High Priest

Postby boinsie » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:18 am

I don't know much about music, but does it sound like the song is in a lower key than the original? Or like, down an entire octave? (are those the same thing as each other? :fear: )

EDIT: Ok, I've had a friend explain octaves & keys to me. XD I'm still not sure which one is changed in this cover song, but I'm assuming it's the key. :hehe:
boinsie
Guru

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:25 am

Really hard to hear the song, I'll answer that once I can hear the song better.
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Postby jeiwa42 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:14 pm

boinsie wrote:I don't know much about music, but does it sound like the song is in a lower key than the original? Or like, down an entire octave? (are those the same thing as each other? :fear: )

EDIT: Ok, I've had a friend explain octaves & keys to me. XD I'm still not sure which one is changed in this cover song, but I'm assuming it's the key. :hehe:

Not sure about music terminology either, but I think Key is what range the song is in, Octave is a measurement of 8 notes (e.g. a C note, and then the next higher C note is an octave higher) So I think you're saying that the song key is an octave lower than the original, which is a lot.

For me, it seems like Kobushi is in a higher key, but they're singing deeper, while Tsunku is in a lower key (just a few) but his voice isn't as deep??? Idk, I'm just as lost since I can't hear it well, but the KF ver sounded pretty funky, so it sounds pretty good so far (from the little I can hear).
KAE-DID IT!!! I am proud to have kept her KSS photo as my avatar since Feb 2, 2014, three years ago!!!
jeiwa42
Minion

Favorite Idol: MuroMinaTaguKisoORisaKaedi

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:27 pm

lol. xD
An Octave is one note and then it's counterpart 8 notes from it. Like, A0 would be a really low A, A1 would be the next A a full scale later, A2 again a full scale higher, etc.
For example, if you are in the key of "C" then the standard major scale (we're not gonna go into minor, lydian, phrygian, etc. because that's ocmplicated.) would be C, D, E, F, G, A, B, C. If you're in the key of "D" it would be D, E, F#, G, A, B, C#, D. (# denotes a half tone higher than the shown letter.) So she was right, it's a different KEY, not octave.

Basically in short, "key" is not a range, it's the base note used to determine what notes in the scale, and "octave" is used to refer to how high-pitched of a scale you want. (like you can have a low octave and a high octave.)

It gets confusing to explain in words, it's so much easier to explain by actually hearing. xD
No Berryz, No Life.
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Postby jeiwa42 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:07 pm

But, in terms of comparison, can you say that a song has a key of C4 but then a cover song decided to have the song at key C3? Or can you only say that both ver of the songs has a key of C with different pitches?
KAE-DID IT!!! I am proud to have kept her KSS photo as my avatar since Feb 2, 2014, three years ago!!!
jeiwa42
Minion

Favorite Idol: MuroMinaTaguKisoORisaKaedi

Postby Zunu » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:44 pm

The latter.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:25 pm

I have no idea where you guys are hearing this "preview" for it, but once we get an actual rip I'll see. :P

As for the q 2 up, It entirely depends on the cover song. If one person is singing in the range of a tenor voice, which is the highest male singing range, and then in the cover song the man is singing in the range of a bass voice, which is the lowest of the male singing range, then they are singing in entirely different octave.... But that doesn't mean the song itself is in a different octave/pitch.

This phenomena occurs when you try to sing a H!P song, but they sing too high-pitched for your voice range, so you drop a full octave and sing with a deep voice so you can sing the song. The pitch/octave of the song is exactly the same! You just are singing with your own voice in a different octave.
Actually, the perfect example would be today's Green Room when Akari's voice training is happening. When they are singing together, she is singing in a higher octave than him, but they would have used the same instrumental to sing the song. (meaning, their voices are the different pitch, not the song.)
Check the pointless musings thread
No Berryz, No Life.
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project