Shimamura Uta has left Country Girls and Hello! Project as of 6/12

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: Shimamura Uta has left Country Girls and Hello! Project as of 6/12

Postby Starra » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:37 pm

I'm wondering if it was all just too much for her.

After all, it wasn't even her decision to join. Her mum put in her application for the MM。audition. She probably didn't have any dreams or ambitions of being an idol in the same way that others might. And being so young, she probably wouldn't have realised just how much work it is.

Between the fast major debut with all the events, the H!P concerts, being opening acts for so many things and all the travelling, perhaps she just couldn't handle it. Maybe she talked to her family about it and her family talked to UF*, but in the end no conclusion could be reached, or she realised she'd just had enough.

I'm sure being an idol isn't easy, and it's a lot more work than people think it is. But the thing is, it's the sort of thing that's almost impossible to know if you're able to handle doing it or not until you try. And I'm sure she did want to try and do it and continue -- but she couldn't. She always looked happy and sparkly on stage, so I doubt she was being forced to do anything against her will. I think it was more an internal thing and she couldn't cope with it. Perhaps it was the pressure, perhaps it was interacting with all the fans -- we'll probably never know. but there are so many aspects to it and I'm sure for some girls it's just far too overwhelming, especially at a young age.

I'm really sad about this, but in the end, her mental health and wellbeing are the most important things. And if she couldn't handle being an idol, then I completely understand (that's basically my entire life, except on a much smaller scale) and I respect the decision. I wouldn't want her to suffer or be forced to stay if she's going to be stressed all the time. And it could potentially lead to so many worse things down the line.
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby JonCC » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:51 pm

And here's the official English translation: https://www.facebook.com/notes/up-front ... 7140296204
JonCC
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Sayashi Riho

Postby Mixi » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:53 pm

What the hell. Are you serious?

Why? Why??? Utachan!!!! :'(

This is Megumi all over again for me. :( (except for the umbrella pictures)
Mixi
Minion

Favorite Idol: 和田彩花

Postby Starra » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:57 pm

I guess Country Girls is following in Country Musume。's footsteps and having their beginning suck, although at least this time nobody was killed and nobody had nudes leaked.

In all seriousness I really do think this was a case of her not being able to handle it all, and if so, I'm less upset because it wasn't a "fuck this I'm outta here" kinda thing.
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby otaku_blue » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:00 am

^
yeah i was holding my breath until a year was over. Im surprised it was Uta though.
I wouldnt mind if we have a new cute member? Okamoto Honoka?

Amazingly history is repeating itself because it looks like Momo will have to stay longer.
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby Mixi » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:01 am

This is a huge blow to CG... and I think those Hokkaido auditions were called because they knew Utachan would be out soon.
Mixi
Minion

Favorite Idol: 和田彩花

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:02 am

^sorry, but how is history repeating itself? (I don't really know country musume that well.. :/)
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Postby JonCC » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:02 am

Starra wrote:I guess Country Girls is following in Country Musume。's footsteps and having their beginning suck,

Time to bring on 2nd gen I'd say. ;)
Last edited by JonCC on Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
JonCC
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Sayashi Riho

Postby Shabranikuduu » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:03 am

That's such a shame. As Starra said, it's probably because she couldn't handle it, something she probably would have figured out during the indies period CG didn't have. I'll miss her and wish her all the best for her future.
Shabranikuduu
Acolyte

Postby otaku_blue » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:07 am

CaptainBerryz3705 wrote:^sorry, but how is history repeating itself? (I don't really know country musume that well.. :/)

I don't really want to talk about it in depth since its quite sad.

But in a nutshell, they had constant line-up changes for various reasons and had to rely on Morning Musume to keep the group active.
In the original first line-up a member did die from a car accident then it impacted the group heavily. That's why Country Musume to Ishikawa Rika/Fujimoto Miki/Konno Asami is a thing.

This is a similar case with a member loss having an impact on the group, and the group itself relying on a girl from another group to help the group.
otaku_blue
Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project