[7/22] ANGERME 2nd single (19th) - Nana Korobi Ya Oki/Gashin Shoutan/Maho Tsukai Sally

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Favorite A-side?

Nana Korobi Ya Oki (Ups and Downs)
58%
Gashin Shoutan (Extreme Hardships)
27%
Maho Tsukai Sally (Sally the Witch)
16%

Total votes : 45

Re: [7/22] ANGERME 2nd single "Nana Korobi Ya Oki / Gashin Shoutan / Maho Tsukai Sally"

Postby Ryan » Thu May 28, 2015 6:38 pm

I'm pleasantly surprised at the fact they're cover the Mahou Tsukai Sally opening theme song. Last summer I somehow got lost in k-hole and ended up watching the entire original series. They totally do it justice!
Ryan
Initiate

Re: [7/22] ANGERME 2nd single "Nana Korobi Ya Oki / Gashin Shoutan / Maho Tsukai Sally"

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Thu May 28, 2015 8:34 pm

^Starra,
To me, both Taiki Bansei and Gashinshoutan kinda sound like their instrumentals are a bit... empty. (imo.) Like, Gashinshoutan, after the chorus ends, it feels like it should go in a certain direction, but it doesn't and actually kinda slows the pace down a bit. So I know what you mean. :/
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Postby Denki » Thu May 28, 2015 8:56 pm

Personally, I want Tsunku to stay away from ANGERME (and Country Girls). It's not just that I'm not feeling his songs this year, but I feel like he'd make them a song that just doesn't go with the current group. Plus, I prefer keeping Hello! Project's upcoming releases to be diverse and let other lyricist, composers and arrangers create music.

He can stick with Morning Musume, C-ute and Juice=Juice, whose style hasn't changed as of last year.
Denki

Favorite Idol: えりぽん

Postby Starra » Thu May 28, 2015 9:07 pm

Tsunku's music is diverse enough. It's clearly him, but it doesn't all sound the same. He's also in tune (heh) enough with the girls that he could make a song that fits any group, since he obviously cares about them.

He's written five songs this entire year for H!P (the KSS album was sold at concerts at the end of 2014 so it doesn't count) so I don't think it's really fair to say that he's getting stale or anything, especially with him being sick and all.
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby aerosuffly » Fri May 29, 2015 8:09 am

Tsunku definitely can write a good single for any group if he is given enough time. In my opinion, he has composed many good songs for S/mileage in the past two years like Eighteen Emotion or their 2nd album, but the marketing strategy for the group was holding them down. Taiki Bansei turned out great because of the good music, hive for the new members and good marketing. Everything has to go together.

I am not fond of this single at the moment. Nana Korobi Ya Oki and Gashin Shoutan sound too similar to the previous single.
aerosuffly
Minion

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Fri May 29, 2015 8:29 am

I just realized, if you watch this video:

at the Sally performance, Rikako is having some earpiece trouble! LOL!!!
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Postby forgetmenots » Fri May 29, 2015 8:45 am

@Starra: I have noticed that emptiness with all of Takui's songs so >_> It was a thing for me with his Lovendor songs, the C-ute song and Taiki Bansei. In fact, to be honest, while I love Taiki Bansei live, I rarely listen to the recording... I just don't enjoy it, it feels so... I guess empty. Otome, however, didn't feel that way to me, and I'm not 100% about these new songs being that way yet. I'll have to listen to a recording, because Angerme has really reenergized and can make a song feel full, but just filling it with all their energy.
forgetmenots
Queen of All Banners

Favorite Idol: Maachan, Nonaka, Oda

Postby sada* » Fri May 29, 2015 1:51 pm

That one Takeuchi line at the end of the chorus in Nana Korobi. Omg. She hit so perfectly.
sada*
Acolyte

Postby Amped » Fri May 29, 2015 7:19 pm

Angerme 2nd single handshake meet scheduled on 6/7 at Tokyo Sky Tree Town's "Idol of Japan" event Powered by GiRLPOP. Angerme is a special guest at the Idol of Japan event.
http://www.helloproject.com/event/detai ... 55596aadbc
http://www.girlpop.jp/ioj2015/
Amped
High Priest

Postby Rm88 » Sat May 30, 2015 1:30 pm

It's so odd seeing Yumemiru 15sai being performed by so many girls :lol: I'm liking these new songs.
Rm88

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project