Fukuda Kanon to graduate from ANGERME and H!P on 11/29

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: Fukuda Kanon to graduate from ANGERME and H!P in fall 2015

Postby Mixi » Thu May 21, 2015 11:17 am

After reading Ayacho's blog post concerning Kanyon, I have no doubt that her graduation is related to new members (of course, 3rd gen, but also 2nd gen) getting all the attention. She insisted way too much on loving her bandmates regardless of generation.
Mixi
Minion

Favorite Idol: 和田彩花

Postby wotakubrandon » Thu May 21, 2015 11:25 am

Oh wow. I definitely thought Dawa would leave before her.

Yurina was mentioned twice in the thread, were she and Kanon good friends and if so how the hell did I miss that?
Last edited by wotakubrandon on Thu May 21, 2015 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
wotakubrandon

Postby Mixi » Thu May 21, 2015 11:45 am

^ Kanyon basically joined H!P because of Berryz. She was a big Yurina fan. Her obsession is well documented and the hiatus announcement definitely affected her.
Mixi
Minion

Favorite Idol: 和田彩花

Postby Shoujo Q » Thu May 21, 2015 11:50 am

I can't see Kana being a leader this early in the game. And I think Ayaka knows she can't leave without making sure she can comfortably leave the group in capable hands. Not after all she and Kanon did to get to this point. This will be a test for the 2nd gen to really step it up.
Shoujo Q
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Suu-san

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Thu May 21, 2015 12:27 pm

wow, that's such a good point:
Kanon = Berryz Fan.
Berryz = Gone
Kanon = Gone.
That's a great point, it might not be 100% directly corrolated, but there's no doubt it had a play in that!
I hope kanon finds her way. c:
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Postby otaku_blue » Thu May 21, 2015 12:32 pm

i dont get why people are reaching and saying she was unhappy with the new members?
it wasn't that long ago that her and Dawa announced the new members and rebranding on Hello Station. both girls were heavily involved in the process. they seemed well happy with the new members and at that time they were just addressing graduation as an inevitable.

I have to agree that I can't help but feel it was influenced by Berryz since she was so close to Risako, and loved Yurina.
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Thu May 21, 2015 1:30 pm

She messaged Tsunku asking for advice on what to do about becoming shy (in regards to pushing herself) because of the members increasing and on worrying about looking old because of younger members. He definitely has more pressing things to deal with on top of trying to help promote them as 9, and Sanma was the one that pointed it out to her.

otaku_blue: Understanding that your group as a whole needs refreshing to (re)gain ground doesn't mean she couldn't at the same time be bothered that the new girls were completely overshadowing her both in their new music and in outside work (even if it's only a good business decision to push the new until it's established).

I'm not saying it absolutely is the reason, or the only reason, just that it isn't impossible to feel both things at once.
---- ---- ---- ----

If I'm honest, I don't care very much about her graduating. I'll miss her grown-up voice once in a while, but I think that's about it. Normally I never found it to be the most pleasant because of the way she would sing.

I completely blame these feelings on reading far too much about/of her blog, where she often came off as whiny and attention-seeking. That may well have been part of the character she was trying to build up and fill out for herself, but it never clicked with me - if anything it did the exact opposite.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby iceymoon » Thu May 21, 2015 2:01 pm

Kanyon was my favorite since S/mileage was formed, but after Sakichi graduated and 2nd gen was added, my feelings for the members changed.. i realized that what i loved most was their dynamic as 4nin. so even though i have some lingering fondness for her and was sad to hear she's leaving, it was easy to accept. i've already mourned the loss of the 4nin dynamic, and a lot of what i loved most about Nyon went along with that lineup.

plus, when 3rd gen was announced, i was thinking one or both of 1st gen must have either already been thinking about graduating, or have started to see it as a not far-off possibility. it wouldn't have been a shock for an announcement like this to come from either of them. i still think Ayacho might graduate a year or two after Nyon.. i've heard girls before saying they're not going anywhere, only to announce their graduation a year or less later (Reina, and i think Sayu as well, and my memory is rusty so i no longer remember who, but Reina wasn't the first one i remember thinking this about).

i think the mentality might be that your status is "absolutely not graduating" all the way up until the day before you announce your graduation. otherwise, you'd be alluding to something that's not official yet, which is never good when it comes to big announcements (since you never know what can happen to change/interrupt plans).
iceymoon

Postby forgetmenots » Thu May 21, 2015 6:26 pm

I have the fan opinion that Ayaka and Haruna will graduate together. Whenever that will be.
forgetmenots
Queen of All Banners

Favorite Idol: Maachan, Nonaka, Oda

Postby 321BreakinOut » Fri May 22, 2015 12:43 pm

I am not surprised . Ever since they told her to quit that Cinderella a revolution crap and 2nd Gen joined she looked so miserable . She seemed so out of place most of the time .
321BreakinOut
Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project