H!P Hokkaido thread

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: H!P Hokkaido : Inaba Manaka joins Juice=Juice!

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:35 am

Honestly not too excited about this, I don't think J=J needs any new members, and I honestly don't think Inaba fits J=J's character... I'm gonna have to wait until H!P proves me wrong, though.
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Postby Amped » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:47 am

Miyazaki Yuka's habit already got to Manakan
Amped
High Priest

Postby Denki » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:32 am

Juice=Juice was already the best group in the vocal department. Now with snatching possibly the best dancer in current H!P, they might officially be called the god-tier group. :lol:

Personally, I prefer an experienced member joining than a random KSS, and I'm just happy that Manakan is fully back.
Denki

Favorite Idol: えりぽん

Postby Starra » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:41 am

Hot take: J=J doesn't need any more members, Manaka should've been put in Kobushi instead since they need the boost. I like Manaka, I just don't think she fits in J=J.

That said, it's better than her joining MM。or being shoved into ANGERME, lol. And I'm glad she's not being put in Ichioka's new group because uh that'd be unfair on Ichioka. Still, though, I don't like this move.
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby Zunu » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:21 am

This is like Riho coming back except that I like Manaka better than Riho.
So...good, but weird.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Amped » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:35 am

Juice=Juice announced their new album the same day they met Inaba Manaka

Amped
High Priest

Postby Daisuki Daiiyo » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:47 pm

resop2 wrote:Is Manaka the first "return-chan"? (I don't think that Momoko counts since she knew she was going to be the Country Girls player coach before she graduated Berryz Kobo.)

Prior to this was when Konno rejoined to be a part of Ongaku Gatas. And it wasn't a graduation, but one of the T&C Members took a hiatus before coming back.

But yeah. I don't mind this I guess. I love Manakan, and her addition really gives Juju a stacked lineup. Hopefully her asthma is more manageable now, since she has way more responsibility than when she had to leave CG.
Daisuki Daiiyo
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Goto Maki

Postby resop2 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:11 pm

^
Was Ongaku Gatas H!P or upfront?
resop2
Skeptic

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:55 pm

^ It was part of Hello! Project (until 2009? I think). During the time of the blue swirly profiles.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby otaku_blue » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:39 pm

Juice=Juice has had a lot of momentum since 2ki joined, so It looks like they're really trying to make them a strong group. Like even though they're last single wasn't that great, it still sold a lot because of the popularity they have right now. So I am looking forward to 8-nin J=J with some mixed feelings.

- In hindsight its great to have a group with girls who can sing, but when it becomes this big other girls get shafted. Like for instance in Umaretate no Baby Love, Sayuki used to have such a killer part after the instrumental break but now she shares that part with Ruru and it just doesn't have the same impact as it used to.
> A solution to this would be rotating the main vocals for different asides.
> No one's really noticed this but Karin has definitely had a reduced presence in the group since 2ki. I think this makes sense in wanting to retain her, give the group some more longevity, and lessen the burden on her.

- Despite 2ki's addition, J=J's choreographies and formations still aren't that impressive (besides Fiesta Fiesta). I don't see how adding Manakan will help this unless they actively decide to make them better. The "let's all stand/dance in a straight line" formation looks so awkward and lazy. The only thing that makes sense to me would be management pushing for Juice=Juice to be the "sexy" and "mature" group in HP still. But Sexy Sexy isn't exactly that popular so I really hope they don't....

- I really hope we get some 5-nin or at least 7-nin songs on their 8th album. It just doesn't seem fair to the original members to give up parts they initially had for Manakan after waiting so long for them to be released. I could wait until a new single to have her get some parts like we do with Morning Musume.

- Why couldn't they just make Ichioka, Manaka, Kurumi and Momohime a group? They were so solid in past HelloPro concerts. It would've been so much easier...
Last edited by otaku_blue on Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
otaku_blue
Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project